Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2009, 22:48   #31
Senior - BHPian

Gagan, its a pain to see your new car in such a helpless condition. Pictures explain the story. A big strength of people is reading your story I hope this time Skoda doesn't screw things up again and destroy such a beautiful product by their arrogant and careless attitude.

It would make a big difference if they show a caring and apologetic attitude and genuine interest to solve your problem.
Old 20th August 2009, 22:56   #32
BHPian

Guys what I was wondering is why isn't anyone trying to push this news to the higher officials in volkswagen..is the volkswagen trying to put down one of there flagship brands to bring up there main brand.
Also don't volkswagen and skoda share engines.wy is that there are not many problems reported by jetta owners.
Also could someone give us a detailed service and part costs so that bhpians don't get cheated,remember autocar havin such a detailed write up of all vehicles in various segments.
I have heard that they change certain parts without checking for wear n tear and also replace costly parts without owners permission ,is this true?
Old 20th August 2009, 23:00   #33

Another Skoda victim :(

Our sincere commiseration towards what u've gone thru... Skoda (as u can read from several user feedbacks on TBHP) is reluctant in helping most of it's esteemed customers who buy their world class models and keep running from pillar to post for help. U may have already gone thru what Mr. Harish Kanchan who i guess is still fighting for his rights...
Old 20th August 2009, 23:42   #34
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Hi Gagan,

It is really sad to see such a beauty being towed away. I know this would hurt, but if you lose the confidence on the car just once, there is no way you would get back 100%. Plus if you have read about Skoda and their miserable way of treating customers on this forum, it is really difficult to convince yourself that Skoda would do a good job.

Still, wishing you good luck to get your beauty back in shape.

Pushing this information higher to VW management or Skoda will never help. They are already turning more than a blind eye to complaints from customers with any sort of complaints.

The best thing to do is to find a way to inform any potential buyer of Skoda about the problems, (shoo away customers from Skoda). Once the sales are down to single digits, the management would (hopefully) wake up and mend things out (or approach Team-bhp for help)

Any suggestions guys??
Old 21st August 2009, 00:15   #35
BANNED

im sorry such a thing happened to you, and it came in time for me since i was planning a new car for diwali and this was it. the pre sales from skoda for me was already horrible but i kept on and this came along. thanks for saving me cash. i hope you fix this car and sell it and hoping you dont break a lot of money on it. i know now why skoda does not offer EXTENDED warranty on cars.
Old 21st August 2009, 00:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Best of luck with sorting out the issues buddy. Everybody makes mistakes, including car companies, I just hope they sort this problem out properly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84 View Post
I see too many Skoda complaints to be true.
Dont feel like defending Skoda anymore... do you ??
Old 21st August 2009, 00:43   #37
Senior - BHPian

I see stereo, reverse sensors and a/c fix. But nothing on the engine like you mentioned. Still its enough for me to send an e-mail to skoda with the link.

Done e-mailing from my side. Will let you know what response I receive from the company.
Old 21st August 2009, 05:06   #38
BHPian

Wow, terrible experience.....i am really very sorry. I uess Skoda has a implemented "Directly Priportoional Approcah" in inmplementing the defects in their products - i.e, higher the price, more the defects and more the agony,

Skoda , you suck big time.
Old 21st August 2009, 07:29   #39
BHPian

Whats the update on this ? I dont see why he has to bother with the insurance company. Its a brand new vehicle just a few months old and I wouldnt care whats wrong with it since I would not be claiming insurance under any scenario.

Getting a brand new vehicle may be a problem till you know the exact fault. It its the ECU / then a simple replacement would be enough since all the faults would be due to this. That and a promise that this never happens again , in which case blindly push for refund / new car.
Old 21st August 2009, 08:26   #40
BHPian

I hope the A/C problem is not common to all Mk2 Superbs. I have also found that it is pretty ineffective in the rear seat unless you increase the blower speed. Also during long highway drives sometimes it starts belching out hot air for brief periods. I had mentioned the same in my ownership thread here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...pd-diesel.html
Old 21st August 2009, 09:07   #41
Senior - BHPian

Gagan I have my full sympathy with you, I can only say people should use various threads on T-BHP to do research before buying so that they do not end up posting their woes later on.
I am not saying that one should not a buy a product with negative reviews but at least the buying decision should be informed choice and a calculated risk.

Quote:
I see stereo, reverse sensors and a/c fix. But nothing on the engine like you mentioned. Still its enough for me to send an e-mail to skoda with the link.

Done e-mailing from my side. Will let you know what response I receive from the company.
We are happy that you did your bit by e-mailing the link to Skoda but still I see an attempt to defend the undefensible.

Can you please explain what is the reason of writing the portion highlighted in the bold in your post above ?

Please see the history card carefully , 14th May 2009 customer compliant is low pickup , Skoda just runs VAS ( assuming VAS is same as ECU) scan. Low pickup may still be related to engine in some way , running scan on ECU is just a diagnostic tool not a solution so no solution was provided to this problem on 14th may.

Also on the same date in next column they replaced W-OEM ignition starter switch what for ? The history card does not mention anything. The low pickup does not depend on ignition switch Surely there was some trouble related to starting which they thought might go away by replacing switch ?

Secondly the picture shows car in crane and 2000 Rs bill for the flat bed two truck and cairn , Do you think customers pay this just for stereo , AC and reverse sensor fix ?

Disclaimer : I do not own a Skoda , Never driven or aspired/ considered for buying an Skoda or any of rival brand in the same category and I have no hate or love relation with the company and above opinion is just based on the description given and job cards provided.

Last edited by amitk26 : 21st August 2009 at 09:13.
Old 21st August 2009, 11:27   #42
Senior - BHPian

Gagan, have you written about your troubles to some respected newspapers?

I have seen that letters to newspapers really draw everybody's attention, and ppl do respond promptly.

Plus newspapers cover a large audience (much larger and varied) than those on internet.
Old 21st August 2009, 11:34   #43
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Warranty would take care of all the costs.

Pls post photos of the vehicle and some more details of the car itself so that we on the forum can be assured this is a genuine case.

A month at the serivice centre is not acceptable in this short time and the company should be asked to extend the warranty by twice that period.

Dont want this to be another skoda bashing case, unless the genuineness is confirmed first. We need to have a process for this.
Old 21st August 2009, 11:46   #44
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I suggest you write also to Top Gear, Over Drive, BS Motoring, Auto Car etc and request their help in resolving the problems in case the dealers etc are proving un-co-operative. They will take it up direct with the manufacturer and help get a solution.

I have read several instances in these car magazines where readers have complained to them and requested their help - and have found a resolution to their problem too. (Including one issue with ref to a customer who was buying a Volkswagen Passat quite recently in Chandigarh)

I dont think Skoda should be bashed or anything of the sort. I think it is worth talking to the dealer and checking what he can do to help. Considering it is a 6 month old vehicle and a luxury car at that, I am sure your points will be heard and a resolution found.

However, I would suggest you see my earlier post about the ECM unit and the Insurance as well - see if that helps too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Gagan, have you written about your troubles to some respected newspapers?

I have seen that letters to newspapers really draw everybody's attention, and ppl do respond promptly.

Plus newspapers cover a large audience (much larger and varied) than those on internet.
Old 21st August 2009, 11:52   #45
BHPian

Quote:

well you can have a look at the current job card along with towing bill attached. It will reflect in the car history once the job is done. As a matter of fact they hav enot been able to start the car till now. Now they say they are importing the complete gear box.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks