Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2009, 13:05   #151

Quote:
Originally Posted by akj53 View Post
Skoda's tagline 'obsessed with quality since 1895' itself is the biggest joke.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe77 View Post
Maybe its just a typo and what they meant to write was "obsessed with quality in 1895"
It's more of a typo. Should read,"'obsessed with quality since 1995".
It will take them a decent amount of time to wash of 100 years of ignorance! They are getting there though.
Old 26th August 2009, 13:13   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
Gagan, you really need to ensure that all these facts are documted in writing to Skoda. Not for Skoda to pay heed to them but for your own case.

A sudden and complete failure of a car can be very dangerous to the passengers in the car and general public at large. If this happened at 80kmph the car could have killed someone and would Skoda have the responsibility of dealing with the lives of the people who could have been killed and fatally and/or greviously injured? What if the driver of the car was charged with rash and negligent driving and jailed (un-bailable)? Would Skoda be responsible for this?

I think you found the solution to your own question.

Gagan, I dont think Skoda will offer you a new car. What Skoda can be expected to do is at best offer you a new warranty that starts from the day you get your repaired car back and includes not only the new parts but all existing parts of the car like it was a new car.

BTW if you are asking for a new car in what way is that new car any safer than the repaired car? After all the repaired car would/should have been throughly checked and would have got a new DSG gearbox. The new DSG gear box would the same gearbox as one found in any new Skoda Superb.

What you want is a reliable car (and you are entitled to this) that you and your family feel safe in. If you do not feel safe in the Superb (after this incident) you can ask for a refund on the grounds of "loss of confidence" but asking for a new car implies that you till have confidence in the product.
Thanks
well why I am asking for a new car or refund and not only refund is that because I feel there is something wrong in this car since since beginning. Something wrong in their electronics of this car which is showing signs of falling apart since beginning. To start with the AC, Parking sensors, stereo, They changed the ignition swithc, Now the mechatronics failed for which they changed the entire gear box. That is what I feel
Old 26th August 2009, 15:06   #153
BHPian

These are certain photographs of the car Skoda Superb while the gearbox was being changed
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb 2009 - 1st car replaced, 2nd Seized - Rs. Refunded now - Case Closed!-21082009081.jpg  

Skoda Superb 2009 - 1st car replaced, 2nd Seized - Rs. Refunded now - Case Closed!-21082009096.jpg  

Skoda Superb 2009 - 1st car replaced, 2nd Seized - Rs. Refunded now - Case Closed!-21082009097.jpg  

Old 26th August 2009, 16:24   #154
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagananand View Post
Thanks
well why I am asking for a new car or refund and not only refund is that because I feel there is something wrong in this car since since beginning. Something wrong in their electronics of this car which is showing signs of falling apart since beginning. To start with the AC, Parking sensors, stereo, They changed the ignition swithc, Now the mechatronics failed for which they changed the entire gear box. That is what I feel
What makes you believe that the same problem wont be on the new superb?
Old 26th August 2009, 16:33   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by navin View Post
What makes you believe that the same problem wont be on the new superb?
Because this particular car I have is faulty as it has been giving troubles since the beginning. I dont hope all their cars behave like that
Old 26th August 2009, 16:35   #156
BHPian

sorry this is in continuation to my earlier post where I have mentioned that I hope all their cars behave like that. If skoda feels so then I will be more than happy to take a refund
Old 26th August 2009, 16:41   #157
BHPian

I would like to point on slightly different issue ,
Some new vehicles just don't tend to blend in the family, its the nature that selects them, given all the reasons above, I would suggest ditch the car forever & hold on to your demand of complete refund or a brand new car! make No Compromise !!

BTW skoda is german right?
Old 26th August 2009, 17:40   #158
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda is czech, but the components are of VW and Audi which are definately German, also skoda is owned by VW which also makes it german.

But then on a lighter note, Jag+ LC ownership does not make it Indian i guess they are still brit
Old 26th August 2009, 18:11   #159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeemmee View Post
BTW skoda is german right?
wrong skoda is Czech, parent co. VW is German.
feel extremely bad for you gagananand, go ahead and ask for full new warranty, or a new car if you can get it.
in my view the car is absolute stunner!

I feel that its only the bad/lemon car NEWS that makes to the net, because owners have a tendancy to look for help on the internet (rightly so) when they face some problems, not all satisfied owners come to the internet to tell their glorious stories of satisfaction (i'm no Skoda saviour) to the netizens.

Even though Skoda may have reliability issues (i say may, because which other car manufacturer doesnt have reliability issues) the overall percentage of disatisfied customers with problematic cars may not be any more exorbitant than other car makers, the thing which seprates them from others may be due to following reason,

While companies like Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai, Tata, Toyota, Honda among some others have robust dealers/service networks to their benefit, which ensures solving of problems at dealer level, Maruti even enjoys the advantge of cheap spares available in every nook and corner of India.

Still Skoda needs to get its act together and should start treating end consumer as the KING. (for starters they now give 2 years warranty on spares and accessories).
Old 26th August 2009, 18:48   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagananand View Post
sorry this is in continuation to my earlier post where I have mentioned that I hope all their cars behave like that. If skoda feels so then I will be more than happy to take a refund
It is not usual practice in India to give a refund when harassment is much cheaper for the company and more wearisome for the consumer. No such enforcement or highly effective consumer redressals either.
Old 26th August 2009, 19:06   #161
BHPian

Having bought a Superb 2009 three weeks ago this thread is making me very nervous.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed that this particular car was a lemon and not all Superbs have problems.

I am taking my car on its first long road trip in a week's time lets hope it works out fine.

/sanjay
Old 26th August 2009, 21:02   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by san9jay View Post
Having bought a Superb 2009 three weeks ago this thread is making me very nervous.

I will be keeping my fingers crossed that this particular car was a lemon and not all Superbs have problems.

I am taking my car on its first long road trip in a week's time lets hope it works out fine.

/sanjay
HEY MAN god be withyou. AS I mentioned earlier I feel not all Superbs should be faulty. Maybe I am the unlucky one
Old 26th August 2009, 22:54   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by san9jay View Post

/sanjay
bro just enjoy your ride, its an EXCELLENT car
Old 26th August 2009, 23:20   #164
BHPian

7 star safety???

*** cost is like staying in 7 star hotel!!!

Skoda is always right.
Old 26th August 2009, 23:41   #165
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviral2122 View Post
Even though Skoda may have reliability issues (i say may, because which other car manufacturer doesnt have reliability issues) the overall percentage of disatisfied customers with problematic cars may not be any more exorbitant than other car makers, the thing which seprates them from others may be due to following reason,

(for starters they now give 2 years warranty on spares and accessories).
The Skoda's reliability issues are part of the problem the real problem is the way the dealers react and the degree of support Skoda offers.

I still think that Skoda will NOT offer a new car to Gagan. What they should be expected to do however is to correct all the faults (not just the gear box) and return the car to Gagan with a new warranty that beigns the day he gets the re-furbished car.

I thought Skoda offered a 4 year warranty on the Superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berj79 View Post
bro just enjoy your ride, its an EXCELLENT car
The Superb is a killer car at a killer price. Every time I drive it I get the itch to get one but Skoda's service woes are keeping me at bay.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed