Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 20:00   #181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagananand View Post
But is that the kind of treatment we should get after spending our hard earned money on their products. In todays world even if you buy a product worth a few hundred ruppes and find it defective their is a grevience redressal system to it and the management is ready to listen to your problems. But in this case I spent almost 20 lakhs on the product and still this attitude.

JUST NOT ACCEPTABLE
Absolutely Gagan - empathise with your sentiments! But this beast is Skoda, not a friendly vendor that you generally come across.

I wanted to get some idea on what's going in your mind (other than frustration and a feeling of helplessness).

1. Are you certain that you will not take delivery of this vehicle?

2. Will you insist on a refund or a new vehicle and NOTHING else?

OR

3. Do you want complete assurance that this vehicle is reliable and want to find how to get there? Upon which you are willing to take delivery?

OR

4. Anything else?

What you will do will depend on what outcome you desire.

Cheers,
Old 27th August 2009, 20:16   #182
Team-BHP Support

Here's another idea - am curious to know what members think of it - might be over the top but I'm not sure myself so putting it out there for members to respond.

How about considering a Youtube video that is tagged appropriately for maximum hits. You can spread the You Tube video link through t-BHP; email; Facebook; Twitter etc and other similar online media - the reach will be much wider than the T-BHP thread. The video can have live interviews of ppl like Harish who've personally had bad experiences; Mods who've spoken to higher ups structured in a detailed presentation like format - the video can include embedded pics (cars being towed; parts that have failed etc) – it should also have as many different user stories as possible.

New people would have stopped reading such a long thread on T-BHP which is interspersed with pages and pages of comments. The video will always remain relevant and distinct from the comments underneath the video. It will be an easy visual odyssey for all people to witness what the brand has subjected its customers to without reading through long threads - also IMO the impact of the video on the viewer is likely much higher than threads and photos.

The video should be purely fact based. It should be an appeal to Skoda to take recognition of customer's woes since all direct measures to appeal to their sensibilities have failed.

Quote:
Thanks I completely agree with you
Old 27th August 2009, 22:00   #183
BHPian

Thanks once again Axe77. sounds like a great Idea but we need to execute the same and find a way out to do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Absolutely Gagan - empathise with your sentiments! But this beast is Skoda, not a friendly vendor that you generally come across.
=====================
What you will do will depend on what outcome you desire.

Cheers,
well I am certain that I will onle take a new car or a refund only and nothing else

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th August 2009 at 12:07. Reason: Back to back post, also avoid quoting entire large post for short reply. Thanks
Old 28th August 2009, 09:49   #184
Team-BHP Support

Well - here's one thought on how it could be implemented:

1. I think step 1 would be to see if ppl feel its worth it as a concept since following through is a bit of a logistic task.

2. Collate list of people with location details who would like to contribute to the material.

3. Form a core group to conceptualise (key is to have a small core group with the necessary info / skill sets to take overall ownership of seeing this through).

4. Form a coordination committee with members in each applicable location.

5. Core group that conceptualised it coordinates with Coordination Commmitee to put it together.

6. Once it is ready and uploaded, the entire community can use all their respective channels to circulate through FB, twitter, email etc.

This is of all of course too much detail. First we need to get past 1. above and also assess whether there are enough participants - perhaps separate find a way of putting together the list.

Quote:
Thanks once again Axe77. sounds like a great Idea but we need to execute the same and find a way out to do it?
Old 28th August 2009, 11:38   #185
BHPian

Quote:
well I am certain that I will onle take a new car or a refund only and nothing else
So what could be the course of action to get there? Skoda / dealer would replace the parts and say - it's ready for delivery, take it. You would say no, give me money or new car. They would then say, sorry please take it, if you do not take it then we will charge you parking fees @ Rs 1000/day.

I am not sure where the "natural" turn of events would lead you to. Maybe you should try persuading (instead of a mail) by talking to Mr AD / Mr TK. Try get a certain answer (yes / no / maybe - it is most likely to be a no). You would then know for sure what Skoda's stated position is.

Along the process be sure to document everything - just in case.

Cheers,
Old 28th August 2009, 12:09   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I have been reading through this thread since the past few days and to put it mildly, I am
I fully agree with you! How many more complaints are we going to see before Skoda acts? I have started getting a feeling that Skoda doesn't care.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Auto magazines? They love Skoda's. One of the magazine chose the Fabia as their COTY. Why will they help?
You couldn't be more correct. In a recent shootout test of Jazz, Punto, Fabia & 120, ACI said in the verdict "Skoda offers 2 years/unlimited km warranty on fabia. Spares aren't cheap so maintenance costs are higher". Not even a word about the A. S. S.
Old 28th August 2009, 13:45   #187
BHPian

well everything said and done we have to find out a practical way to deal with skoda. After all it is our hard earned money at stake and we just cannot be treated like this
Old 28th August 2009, 14:26   #188
BHPian

Thanks Axe77 . Now let us get it going. another good idea was given by diffsoft wherein he suggested that we should write to SIAM etc if you could be kind enough to get me some contacts of those people. Now I guess all that needs to be done as I dont see Skoda moving from here. The last I heard from them was on 22 late evening when they informed me that the car was ready with 6 months extra warranty to which I refused. We have some Indians only at senior levels in the company who are playing at the hands of Skoda and making fools of our fellow country men. They are just intrested in the sales figures and what happens thereafter is none of their concern. They just not concerned.
Old 28th August 2009, 15:01   #189
Senior - BHPian

Gagan, why dont you drop in their office in Gurgaon, (I guess they have it here) and insist on meeting the top boss.

You will definitely manage to meet someone up above. A Face to face meeting with some of the top management might help expedite the closure of your issues.

You may have to take off from office though for this.
Old 28th August 2009, 15:09   #190
BHPian

@gagaanand, can you also try writing to their head office outside India. That way at least we can bring the problem to the attention of the car maker.
Old 28th August 2009, 15:11   #191
Senior - BHPian

Writing to SIAM=high hopes. Cannot expect industry lobbies such as SIAM, CII to take up the consumers' cause.

Going to Skoda HQ better but seems more an exercise in futility. They may palm you off to some minion. Still some solution.
Old 28th August 2009, 18:03   #192
BHPian

Try writing to 'info@skoda-auto.cz', it may help

Regards,
Gaurav
Old 28th August 2009, 19:45   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaurav Mathur View Post
Try writing to 'info@skoda-auto.cz', it may help

Regards,
Gaurav
Thanks Gaurav wrote to them 2 weeks back. They replied back after a week that Skoda India is an independent organisation and will do the needful
Old 28th August 2009, 20:12   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Gaurav wrote to them 2 weeks back. They replied back after a week that Skoda India is an independent organisation and will do the needful
- what does Skoda think of itself?

Gagan - any thoughts on how you plan to go about this? Do talk to Harish as his inputs will be invaluable.

If I were in your shoes I would consider talking to Thomas Keuhl - just call up the land line and say you are a customer wanting to speak with him; he cannot ignore your call Gagan. Let him say yes / no or that "I will get back"

All the best.
Old 28th August 2009, 20:18   #195
BHPian

Main problem with Skoda setup is lack of dealer training, monitoring and strict action against erring dealers by Skoda. They have appointed the dealers and so they are responsible for their misdeeds.

Skoda must also learn to interact directly with the customers and resolve their problems. But sadly their management is adopting a 'GORA SAHIB' attitude who think that India is a Banana Republic and we Indians are not worth talking to.

This management should be dismissed and thrown out of India.

It will be better if you write to SIAM, FICCI & CII etc., and also to the ministry controlling the auto industry.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks