Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 11:31   #211
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
That indeed is a good idea but it's best you guys discuss it in private as Skoda is probably watching this thread closely.
Offcourse they must be. Remember "skoda corporate"? They are reading this thread for sure. Beacuse if you search something related to this topic, google throws up t-bhp site.
Old 31st August 2009, 11:56   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Offcourse they must be. Remember "skoda corporate"? They are reading this thread for sure. Beacuse if you search something related to this topic, google throws up t-bhp site.
Well if they are reading all this as you mentioned then I am surprised they are not worried about their premium most product worth about 20 lakhs. Who knows may be they are on a sucide mission or something.

Last edited by Jaggu : 31st August 2009 at 11:57. Reason: fixing quote
Old 31st August 2009, 14:44   #213
Distinguished - BHPian

Skoda Corporate: Last visit 26th August 2009

Last posted: 29th March 2009.

Not got much to say for themselves, these days!
Old 31st August 2009, 14:45   #214
BHPian

Gagan/Folks, I saw GTO's thread on SIAM Annual Convention 09; was thinking if they could help Skoda victims. I mean we can keep them in loop; can send a copy of petition to them and request them to take matters with Skoda directly. Skoda can turn deaf to customers, but not to SIAM I guess. Though Skoda has co-sponsored this convention!, it maybe worth a try. At the least, customer woes can get better attention.
Old 31st August 2009, 16:07   #215
BHPian

Renting a stall at the Auto -expo is an excellent Idea.

Harish, I highly recommend you seriously give us a thought since you apparently by default are the leader in this fiasco.

You mentioned you have about 200 agitated customers of Skoda who are on your side. Add the Team-BHP community on your side and you have a huge pool of members who should be able to actively donate fo ra stall purchase.

infact if I may, id suggest Team-BHP moderators take a active role in this. If this is given a serious though, a Donate tab on the main page of forum should go towards renting a stall. I have no idea what they cost but we have a huge community here.

Either way, id say ganging up at Auto-Expo will be far purposeful than the other team-BHP meets this community has.

Cheers.

(P.S. although I dont own a skoda ill be sure to show up with my 33 inch biceps to keep skoda away from the stall ! )
Old 31st August 2009, 17:06   #216
Team-BHP Support

I don't know the rules of the expo but I'm not sure renting such a stall would be possible. You would have to provide info on what stall you're setting up etc. (Just my guess - I could be totally wrong).

Might be better to simply distributing info pamphlets etc if you can prepare them near the stall. If you're a paid visitor, they shouldn't be able to stop you from doing that. Pamphlets should be purely fact based creating general awareness. If nothing else just a placard of dissent requesting them to resolve the issues of genuine hapless customers who are getting poor / fradulent service.

Personally I really wish they would turn around and provide quality service and reliable products. I feel sorry to see the brand in such a state - if the above 2 issues are sorted comprehensively, their cars would make a fantastic purchase. For starters, enhancing their warranty to 3 - 4 yrs would be helpful. 2 yr warranty currently on offer is pathetic - almost an admission to unreliability I would feel.
Old 31st August 2009, 18:51   #217
Senior - BHPian

Skoda deserves to get a fing** if they can not support their 20L+ car. This is disgusting. The 2nd case of Skoda ignorance. Guys, renting a stall at Expo is good idea but can some lawyer on this forum throw some light on legal complications? Also there was a thread on TATA people manhandling a vehicle which had all true stories about TATA service pasted on its body. So we may need some upper hand to take care of such issues.
Old 1st September 2009, 08:32   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhound View Post

Harish, I highly recommend you seriously give us a thought
Will do. Will find out how the renting works, costs etc.
Old 1st September 2009, 11:49   #219
BHPian

Quote:

infact if I may, id suggest Team-BHP moderators take a active role in this. If this is given a serious though, a Donate tab on the main page of forum should go towards renting a stall. I have no idea what they cost but we have a huge community here.
Seems to be a good idea to bring the issue to public notice - Count me in for donations!

Quote:

(P.S. although I dont own a skoda ill be sure to show up with my 33 inch biceps to keep skoda away from the stall ! )
That would scare not just Skoda, but the public too! Are you sure about the 33'' biceps? Arnold had 22'' My best ever was 17''
Old 1st September 2009, 12:01   #220
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriramv.iyer View Post
Seems to be a good idea to bring the issue to public notice - Count me in for donations!
How about this:
Skoda Superb 2009 - 1st car replaced, 2nd Seized - Rs. Refunded now - Case Closed!-sscn08353db.jpg

More info here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ta-motors.html
Old 1st September 2009, 12:10   #221
BHPian

Good Idea i had seen similiar kind of post in thread where harish has mentioned his horror stories against skoda. In that thread i guess the vehicle was Range Rover which had all the problems written on it and was parked by the troubled customer outside the showroom premises.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:25   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbhiJ View Post
Another idea would be to pool money and take a small stall at the Auto Expo in order to popularize our point of view..
It costs a minimum of Rs.3,72,000/- inclusive of rent, electricity, service tax and education cess on service tax.

Alternatively, the ads in their catalogue costs from Rs.15,000 on the inside pages to Rs. 2,00,000/- on the back page

Quote:
However you can add another 16 to that.
Old 1st September 2009, 19:06   #223
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
It costs a minimum of Rs.3,72,000/- inclusive of rent, electricity, service tax and education cess on service tax.
We need 750 members to contribute Rs. 500 each. I am in.
Old 1st September 2009, 20:12   #224
BHPian

I think it will be a good idea to compile a dossier of problems in a standardised format, get it printed and bound and keep it for public display.

I can work on it and send it if members like the idea.

Cheers,
Old 2nd September 2009, 01:23   #225
Senior - BHPian

Update on the DSG disaster saga from the USA

Quote:
Volkswagen has announced a program to help owners of VW and Audi vehicles equipped with the company’s dual-clutch DSG transmissions. After a flurry of complaints to the NHTSA, VW will replace components inside the transmission.
Issues apparently stemmed from faulty temperature sensors that would force the DSG boxes into neutral, often while owners were driving. VW will replace the components and offer loaner cars during the repairs. Owners who have already paid out-of-pocket for the fix will be reimbursed. The company will also apply a 10-year, 100,000-mile transferrable warranty to the DSG transmissions
Volkswagen Will Repair DSG Transmissions on 53,300 Vehicles - Car and Driver Blog

NHTSA Opens Investigation Of Volkswagen DSG Transmissions - DSG Investigation - Jalopnik
Closed Thread

Most Viewed