Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2010, 11:54   #346
BHPian

In response to my e-mail queries regarding the Superb 1.8 TSI, a Skoda representative called me today, i.e., within less than 24 hours of my mail. I had questioned them on two matters:

1. Which grade petrol to use for the car?

He said that Skoda recommends at least 91 RON but one can also use the regular petrol -- 83 and 87 RON -- but the performance will fall slightly. He said there will be on damage to the car for at least two years of the warranty period. He was non-committal about later.

2. Whether one needs to keep adding engine oil every 5000 km or so?

He said that engine oil needed to be added before the first service but only less than a litre or so. After the first service, he claimed that engine oil levels will remain stable. He advised, however, that one should carry engine oil on a long journey. One owner who I spoke to also confirmed this but said both he and his friend were satisfied with the car.

I am happy that Skoda addressed my questions promptly and honestly.

Last edited by ivar1951 : 3rd March 2010 at 11:56.
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:18   #347
Distinguished - BHPian

The engine oil light came up again over the weekend at 8000kms. I added about 400ml of oil this time. I think by the time it goes in for service at 15,000 it would use up close to 5 liters since my car is driven only within city traffic most often. It's annoying no doubt, but I'm pretty confident that it would settle down after the first service.
Old 3rd March 2010, 12:37   #348
BHPian

I had the engine oil light come up at around 2.5k. Took it to the service station and they topped it up, and it's been running smoothly since. They told me its common and its nothing to worry about.

Car's been running great except for that minor hiccup. (and a couple of minor bumps by the odd rickshaw)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkaysaw View Post
I was standing with the technician when he filled up the oil, it was a liter of oil to top-up, costing me 1000 rupees.
Funny, I was not charged for the oil top-up. It must have been a litre if not more...

Last edited by holysmoke : 3rd March 2010 at 12:40.
Old 3rd March 2010, 22:26   #349
Distinguished - BHPian

Just popping in with a by-the-way here... The engine oil warning light is a warning of low oil-pressure, not low oil level. The way to check oil level is using the dipstick. Waiting until the oil pressure has dropped means that should have been done earlier!

No doubt, most people here knew that. Just thought I'd say...
Old 5th March 2010, 15:03   #350

It seems that Skoda is finally trying to imrove its service and image. Received a call from Skoda Auto yesterday inquiring about my experience with their dealer and whether I was satisfied with the car and service!

Had received a similar call from the dealer a while back to ask whether I was satisfied with delivery process etc.

I must say that the Superb is a wonderful car for the money. If Skoda is able to get its service act together, the other car companies better watch out!
Old 5th March 2010, 15:25   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparton View Post
It seems that Skoda is finally trying to imrove its service and image. Received a call from Skoda Auto yesterday inquiring about my experience with their dealer and whether I was satisfied with the car and service!

Had received a similar call from the dealer a while back to ask whether I was satisfied with delivery process etc.

I must say that the Superb is a wonderful car for the money. If Skoda is able to get its service act together, the other car companies better watch out!
How easy/difficult is it to drive Superb in thick traffic conditions and "Indian" U-turns ?
Old 6th March 2010, 13:57   #352
BHPian

Well ia also ahve taken utmost care during the first 2000 Kms. I use normal unleaded petrol as the same is recomended by skoda.

Last edited by Dippy : 8th March 2010 at 09:31. Reason: Please avoid quoting a long post when replying to a topic.
Old 6th March 2010, 22:58   #353
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT - How is the Superb to drive in traffic and for daily use? Is it a headache to park such a big car in Delhi traffic? Asking because im planning to buy one within a month or so..
Old 8th March 2010, 09:28   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aparth View Post
Slightly OT - How is the Superb to drive in traffic and for daily use? Is it a headache to park such a big car in Delhi traffic? Asking because im planning to buy one within a month or so..
This is indeed a concern at least for those who intend to drive themselves. BMW sales people are using this argument against the Superb!

However, I spoke to an owner who said that he enjoyed driving it. He felt there was no issue about its length with him as also his friend who also owns the Superb TSI.
Old 8th March 2010, 12:44   #355
BHPian

It is quite easy to drive. It takes some time to get used to it, but by no means is it difficult. The 1.8TSI engine is an absolute pleasure. The length is not much of an issue, and the parking sensors help a lot. I've only been driving regularly for a year now , but I'm very comfortable driving the superb.
Old 8th March 2010, 14:58   #356
Senior - BHPian

Thanks a lot for your feedback guys!
Old 9th March 2010, 20:16   #357
BHPian

Congrats on your new ride!!! Gagan, I'm glad that you've got your faulty car replaced eventually. Peace of mind at 1.47L is not bad I sincerely hope that other troubled Skoda owners get their share of justice as neatly as you did. Maybe this is just the start ... !

Wishing you a very good experience ... And a very very big THANK YOU to all Fellow T-BHPIANS!
Old 9th March 2010, 20:37   #358
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inreverse View Post
Peace of mind at 1.47L is not bad I sincerely hope that other troubled Skoda owners get their share of justice as neatly as you did. Maybe this is just the start ... !
Peace of mind for 1.47L ??? What about the odd 20+L he paid earlier for the car ? Did he not pay it for peace of mind as well ? Should have been replaced free of cost. This is not what one expects. But then, something is better than nothing. That is all about it. Nothing big, IMHO.
Old 9th March 2010, 22:17   #359
BHPian

That is all right but friends you have overlooked the trouble with the exchanged car. it consumes engine oil. You have not gone through the current problem
Old 9th March 2010, 22:40   #360
Senior - BHPian

Skoda vRS had this issue? Or is this just with the new TSI ?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks