Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2010, 11:17   #361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagananand View Post
That is all right but friends you have overlooked the trouble with the exchanged car. it consumes engine oil. You have not gone through the current problem
We've been telling you in this thread the same thing that the skoda advisers told you.... ITS NORMAL!!!
Like Sahil said, it happened on his bimmer and his 1.8TSI as well. It happened on my 1.8TSI too. VW engines do consume oil when they are new, and the same has been mentioned in the manual.

Methinks its a different scenario out here. Tera "gaadi se mann uth gaya hai", and now every little thing about the car annoys you. If this is the scenario then you will only get peace of mind when you sell the car off.. you will never be happy with it.
Old 10th March 2010, 11:54   #362
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
Skoda vRS had this issue? Or is this just with the new TSI ?

Never had that problem with my vRS.
But I guess the engines are very different. A 1.8 engine pulling the weight of a Superb and being called a pleasure to drive, by users, means it must be much more efficient than the vRS engine.
Old 10th March 2010, 12:25   #363
BHPian

Gearbox too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomi View Post
Never had that problem with my vRS.
But I guess the engines are very different. A 1.8 engine pulling the weight of a Superb and being called a pleasure to drive, by users, means it must be much more efficient than the vRS engine.
Its not just the efficiency/high torque available from the engine, its also the gearbox. The seven speed dual clutch makes a huge difference IMO. Besides i feel that because all that power and torque is available pretty easily (at both low and mid levels) in the rev-range, the car "feels" faster too, because you don't have to push it as hard as its Japanese vtec/vvti counterparts which need to be revved harder, and kept there for enthusiastic driving.
Old 10th March 2010, 15:18   #364
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Peace of mind for 1.47L ??? What about the odd 20+L he paid earlier for the car ? Did he not pay it for peace of mind as well ? Should have been replaced free of cost. This is not what one expects. But then, something is better than nothing. That is all about it. Nothing big, IMHO.

I in no way mean to sound like an agony aunt, but that's the depriciation value paid for a brand new car in exchange of the FIXED old car (In terms of Skoda Corporate). Of course the parts were replaced under warranty, but as a customer who has already paid 20Lacs for the initial car there is no PEACE OF MIND with the FIXED one. Gagan paid the extra bucks just to be sure the new car was niggle free (which sadly isn't).

Yes! I would not expect something like this to happen. Nobody does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holysmoke View Post
We've been telling you in this thread the same thing that the skoda advisers told you.... ITS NORMAL!!!
Like Sahil said, it happened on his bimmer and his 1.8TSI as well. It happened on my 1.8TSI too. VW engines do consume oil when they are new, and the same has been mentioned in the manual.

Methinks its a different scenario out here. Tera "gaadi se mann uth gaya hai", and now every little thing about the car annoys you. If this is the scenario then you will only get peace of mind when you sell the car off.. you will never be happy with it.
Well said holysmoke. As an example. I would not put my money in a bank which has been looted twice!

Last edited by Dippy : 10th March 2010 at 18:42. Reason: Back to back posts
Old 31st March 2010, 15:18   #365
BHPian

Guys - Curious - what kind of a break-in process did you use? slow and steady? or let er rip! Same question to everybody else with the German Oil guzzlers - I read an interesting article here and was curious as to how the run-in affects the engine oil.

Appropriate Break-In Procedures`

I started a new Thread addressing this so we don't end up de-railing Gagans problem - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/78603-new-car-run-period-aggressive-manual.html
Old 18th April 2010, 14:31   #366
BHPian

well again my car has consumed 900ml of engine oil running 2300 kms. well till now the car has done not eeven 11000 kms and has consumed almost 4.5 litres of engine oil well that is more or mybe the oil sump capacity of my car. Great the service interval is 15000kms and the car had to be taken to service centre 8 times already for oil problem.
Old 18th April 2010, 15:16   #367
Senior - BHPian

I don't think consumption of engine oil is 'normal'. Yes its a high performance engine but so 'what' Bmw's and Merc's too are right ?

Yes we also rev our petrol engined zen's and Baleno's and Esteems to 6nd half and 7 thousand rpms, never seen them consume oil.
Heck some of the Swift Diesels here see 4 thousand to 5 thousand rpm's everyday.
Old 18th April 2010, 20:18   #368
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thad E Ginathom View Post
It is not so long since checking the oil level was a weekly job, and top ups were regular... just bought the oil and poured it in; no need for service centre visits! Car engines (or at least, most of them) must have been improved a great deal that now we complain about having to add oil between annual services!
My uncles owned a Premier Padmini, and before every trip (even from Thane to Mumbai), we used to check the radiator water level (coolant was a novelty then) and the engine oil level. Used to carry a litre of each in the boot. They have since upgraded to Hyundai vehicles and I doubt if they have even opened the bonnets ever.

When I purchased a used M800, I too had carried over the habit of checking the engine oil and coolant levels, specially as I had some problems with a faulty radiator cap and then a leaking radiator once. I then got my uncle's Santro to drive, and I have bothered to check the oil levels and coolant levels just about twice in two years. The oil change interval for the Santro is 10K kms, and I haven't ever had to refill a single mililitre of oil between services.

My ex-boss had a Skoda Octavia diesel and he mentioned once that the bonnet of his car is opened only during routine servicing. So even if it's a (performance) diesel being talked about, more than 5 litres of oil over 10-15 K kilometres certainly looks a little odd.
Old 19th April 2010, 00:41   #369
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagananand View Post
well again my car has consumed 900ml of engine oil running 2300 kms. well till now the car has done not eeven 11000 kms and has consumed almost 4.5 litres of engine oil well that is more or mybe the oil sump capacity of my car. Great the service interval is 15000kms and the car had to be taken to service centre 8 times already for oil problem.
hi
well i am use same 1.8tsi engine skoda octavia in china never face this problems
in april 2010 i will compete 1 year and 45k kilometers
one thing i do is alway buy oil myself and give to the service centre people all though they are not happly i still do this because i feel much safer also
check down side of the engine were oil nut is screwed for leakage also front of the engine were the oil filter is there i am seen in china many car service centre donot tight the oil screw and oil leaks also i change the oil screw after evey 15k kilometers much better
also i put 5w40 engine oil i feel is much better for the this car before once i used 5w30 but i was not satisfied
also this 1.8tsi engine take 4.2 liter to 4.1 liter oil
normally
narry
p.s also i think 15k oil change intervel for asian countries except japan is a joke because in china normal service centre recommends change after 5000 kilometers because quality of fuel is not up to the european countries so more dirt gets inside the engine
also i heard in tsi engine needed to change spark plugs after every 25k kilometer , the service centre change the spark plugs free after 15k kilometer and then he told me change spark plugs after 25k kilometers

Last edited by narry : 19th April 2010 at 00:44.
Old 21st August 2010, 12:47   #370
BHPian

well friends I wish to inform you that finally the engine of my superb has siezed after doing 15600Kms. The car went for 15000 Kms service and by then it had consumed about 5 to 6 litres of engine oil. Skoda promised it would be taken care of at 1st service. I got the car after service but after running about 600 Kms after service while I was driving it it starterted giving low oil warning again and this time it was different and loud. well I called up SK Aggarwal from skoda who replied after numerous calls. He suggested I should drive back home immediately. He mentioned that the risk was on skoda. In the mentime the car though stationary had engine and ac running suddenly made a loud thud and stalled. The engine would not start. aggarwal stopped relying finally dealer responded and towed the car. AMAZING DEPENDABILITY. MASTERPIECE I MUST SAY.

The car engine when was checked during joint inspection started with dificulty with a lot of ratteling. they opened the spark plugs and there was engine oil. they offered to change the engine to which I declined. Finally I managed to get them to give me a refund. They refeunded me a amount of 18,88,000=00 + registration charge and Taxi charge of Rs.22,500=00. Now in their mail they promised me a full refund of invoice value which was Rs.19,39,705=00 but they ended up giving me less money on the pretext of the invoice for my first car was less(18,88,000). They just dont want to understand that I had paid an amount of about Rs.1,45,000 at the time of exchange of my new car. They are also not releasing my insurance wherein a handsome amount is locked.

Beware of skoda

Please can the Moderator edit the thread heading suitably(as i dont know how to do it)

Last edited by gagananand : 21st August 2010 at 13:02. Reason: thread heading
Old 21st August 2010, 12:58   #371
Senior - BHPian

Truly sorry about your ordeal.
I really don't see Skoda India improving their ways.
Old 21st August 2010, 13:35   #372
BHPian

Not only they are not improving, they are charting new ugly territories each day. Skoda owners have every right to be a worried lot.
Old 21st August 2010, 13:56   #373
BANNED

Does any Indian Fighter Jet Pilot Owns a LEMON SKODA ?!!

Last edited by wildon : 21st August 2010 at 14:09.
Old 21st August 2010, 14:38   #374
BHPian

really sorry to hear about your car buddy...but still you got things done in time.
Old 21st August 2010, 16:58   #375
Senior - BHPian

thats sad to hear, however, good that you are relieved from the misery of Skoda.

Thats a car, one better stays without.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks