Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2010, 19:31   #376
Distinguished - BHPian

What an astonishing and dreadful experience you have had, and it really is bad for any confidence that might be left in Skoda.

Skoda India may be a lost cause, but what I want to know is: VW! Are you reading this?
Old 21st August 2010, 20:08   #377
Senior - BHPian

@ Gagan, the car is gone and gone for good. Forget and move on. Buy a Jap car.
Sorry to hear about the ordeal you had to endure.
Old 21st August 2010, 22:25   #378
Senior - BHPian

Why am i not surprised to read this thread. Welcome to skoda. I've owned the old superb diesel and know how you feel.This company can very well be charged with genocide. In todays day and age when even the korean cars are proving to be "superbly" realible the pseudo german skoda cant offer a half way decent product.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th August 2010 at 11:37.
Old 21st August 2010, 22:58   #379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagananand View Post
They refunded me a amount of 18,88,000=00 + registration charge and Taxi charge of Rs.22,500=00.
I look at the brighter side - You are very lucky to walk away with this cash instead of running to courts again... Please dont even pass outside a Skoda showroom in your life again...!! Check out the Accord or the Camry and stick to a Jap.
Old 22nd August 2010, 00:01   #380
h.k
BHPian

skoda has created a bad reputation in the market owing it high maintenance cost and its service reputation, however its blood relative and the parent brand the vw is far better when it comes to service front. how ever people still buy the laura as its better car to drive its well engineered to boot. no one according to me is making a great car, say the much much awaited altis diesel has given a much underpowered engine and high price. if they had priced at a killer price of on road 10laks it would have been a treat at 12laks for base model its but pricey.
Old 22nd August 2010, 01:09   #381
BHPian

brother you are so very lucky to get your money back.

Now invest in a Corolla Altis or maybe Camry. now you also have Altis diesel as an option just came back after driving one.

In short no fuss car Altis D4D basic, plain & jane types but super relibility of toyota at your backing.

You can buy a Chevy Cruze/Captiva also if not problem with American stuff.
Old 22nd August 2010, 11:38   #382
BHPian

Hi thanks for the concern. But is there no way we can save others from this kind of a disaster. We are all aware of Harish's case
Old 22nd August 2010, 21:13   #383
BHPian

So what is Skoda & the dealer going to do with the Superb - probably change the engine, make some changes and palm it off to another unsuspecting customer ?
Old 22nd August 2010, 21:21   #384
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by svsantosh View Post
I look at the brighter side - You are very lucky to walk away with this cash instead of running to courts again... Please dont even pass outside a Skoda showroom in your life again...!! Check out the Accord or the Camry and stick to a Jap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumit_jain_usa View Post
brother you are so very lucky to get your money back.

Now invest in a Corolla Altis or maybe Camry. now you also have Altis diesel as an option just came back after driving one.

In short no fuss car Altis D4D basic, plain & jane types but super relibility of toyota at your backing.

You can buy a Chevy Cruze/Captiva also if not problem with American stuff.
I agree, at least you got your money back. For others, even that's been an issue.

Quote:
Hi thanks for the concern. But is there no way we can save others from this kind of a disaster. We are all aware of Harish's case
Publicizing your case on this forum helps to warn others. I might have been tempted to buy a Skoda but hearing stories like yours, I wouldn't ever touch one with a barge pole.
Buying a car is just the tip of the iceberg - owning it for a few years is a whole different issue.

Last edited by StarScream : 22nd August 2010 at 21:23.
Old 22nd August 2010, 22:56   #385
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR-71 View Post
So what is Skoda & the dealer going to do with the Superb - probably change the engine, make some changes and palm it off to another unsuspecting customer ?
Maybe we should have a thread of lemon VINs that people can check against?
Old 22nd August 2010, 22:57   #386
BHPian

Quote:

Hi Gagan

Awareness is being created. Slow and steady.

Sorry to hear about your issue. At least you are out of it now. Good going.
Old 23rd August 2010, 10:58   #387
Team-BHP Support

Good to hear this. The insurance is between you and the insurer. Retain the certificate and surredner for the refund if less than 6 months
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:28   #388
BHPian

The faulty car was bearing VIN TMBBBJ3T69A301443 and Registration no. HR 51AF 7108
Just in case ...........
Thanks ajmat what I can do with the insurance
gagananand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2010, 12:59   #389
BANNED

Quote:
TMBBBJ3T69A301443
Attaching the data for the same too..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TMBBBJ3T69A301443.pdf (34.8 KB, 988 views)
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:11   #390
BHPian

WoW - Congrats Gagan - now you're free of the headaches and stress!

But this has got me scared for my 2.0 TFSI which has already consumed 4liters of engine oil in 5500km! Also there is a 'knocking' noise from the undercarriage, its more audible when the car is turned off and goes on clicking after intervals of 8-10 seconds for 2-4 minutes. The Service station mentioned it is the exhaust which is overheated and is making this noise while dissipation of heat - anybody who has an idea if this is true?

I've made a stink about the issue and forced Audi India into the situation - the car will be taken back to the service station this week and looked at specifically for both issues.

However, there are absolutely no other problems with the car - drives great. No engine noises or overheating despite redlining several times. I just hope its a minor issue and will clear up...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks