Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2009, 16:46   #136
BHPian

hey,
managed to get some photos from the brand center in Delhi.
all the colors are showcased -
btw - IMHO - shape is a major improvement over the old one.. wonder how it'd look with skirts !!

Also, the engine is pretty ok - the key word used here has been - FE - i guess it'll do exactly what its supposed to. Dont expect tyre burning performance, this one seems to be all about practicality..
(E)stilo (S)coop (T)hat (I)ntelligently (L)eaks (O)ut - New Maruti Estilo-image_206.jpg(E)stilo (S)coop (T)hat (I)ntelligently (L)eaks (O)ut - New Maruti Estilo-image_207.jpg(E)stilo (S)coop (T)hat (I)ntelligently (L)eaks (O)ut - New Maruti Estilo-image_208.jpg(E)stilo (S)coop (T)hat (I)ntelligently (L)eaks (O)ut - New Maruti Estilo-image_209.jpg(E)stilo (S)coop (T)hat (I)ntelligently (L)eaks (O)ut - New Maruti Estilo-image_210.jpg(E)stilo (S)coop (T)hat (I)ntelligently (L)eaks (O)ut - New Maruti Estilo-image_211.jpg(E)stilo (S)coop (T)hat (I)ntelligently (L)eaks (O)ut - New Maruti Estilo-image_212.jpg(E)stilo (S)coop (T)hat (I)ntelligently (L)eaks (O)ut - New Maruti Estilo-image_213.jpg(E)stilo (S)coop (T)hat (I)ntelligently (L)eaks (O)ut - New Maruti Estilo-image_214.jpg(E)stilo (S)coop (T)hat (I)ntelligently (L)eaks (O)ut - New Maruti Estilo-image_215.jpg(E)stilo (S)coop (T)hat (I)ntelligently (L)eaks (O)ut - New Maruti Estilo-image_216.jpg
vitesh.b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2009, 03:28   #137
BHPian

I wonder what these people are wowing about? "The Carpet or the Tiles"
Attached Thumbnails
(E)stilo (S)coop (T)hat (I)ntelligently (L)eaks (O)ut - New Maruti Estilo-chennai202332028large29.jpg  

Old 29th August 2009, 10:59   #138
Senior - BHPian

The new estilo looks like a toned down minivan IMO, like a Dodge grand caravan.
blackasta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2009, 12:13   #139
BHPian

I liked the new Estilo looks. It looks more like a Mini Innova. but still it is better then the previous version of Estilo.
The best was the older Zen a true world class model.
rakowli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2009, 14:17   #140
BHPian

I like the new Estilo looks. I feel it is much better than the earlier generation and they have packed in a lot of goodies in this as well. The K Series engine should also help with better fuel efficiency. In my opinion it should sell more than the earlier Estilo.
Old 29th August 2009, 16:00   #141
BHPian

The rear 75% of the Estilo is hardly touched. The real difference is the front face and the Engine & Gear Box.
Old 29th August 2009, 20:49   #142
Senior - BHPian

When I said I was Disappointed I really am. but that doesn't mean that the car is bad for the price-to-tech-to-features ratio that you get.
For ladies, it is a very good choice but from a Japanese engine, we do have some expectations W.R.T. refinement and smoothness and the main point is-why do maruti engines lack bottom end torque?
Or why does Maruti deliberately tune its engine to produce its peak torque at 3500 rpm whereas most owners in the city drive betwwn 1500-2500 rpm?

Quite simply, how come Hyundai tunes its small engines perfectly (eRLX/IRDE 1.1) and the I10 and Santro feel better to drive?

Yes, suzuki prefers high revving engines but this K10B sounds very harsh like the altos engine and for a motor with so called loads of tech, its pretty disappointing.

And the better the engine produces more torque at lower rpm, the better mileage since gearshift is minimised and the load on engine is far less. Moreover, revving an engine for better performance in the city limits increases wear and tear, in addition to a drop in mileage since the engine has to extract more fuel to combust for added performance. And in our country, where Euro 4 cars require at least 93 RON to operate perfectly, people still fill up the prehistoric 87 RON which causes drop in performance, efficiency and increase in emissions.

I hope that future Suzuki engines produce more bottom torque as more owners of the kei-cars drive in stop-go traffic rather than on national highways.

Anyway, coming to the test, the brief write-up is because I am actually waiting for the new Santro and all new Wagon R next year, along with the new spark.

So, the next comparision will be between the new kei-cars,maybe in 2010, all Euro 4- Santro, I10 1.1, Zen, Wagon R, spark, new spark and a-star. So the wait will be longer.

Again, I am not used to drive 3 cylinder cars any more.I am used to smooth drive in my Santro or my parents' ANHC and expected a bit too much from the new 3 pot estilo.

These are my views. Individual requirements may vary and the car will appeal to a category of people. Who? I don't know. But still it is better to take that test drive.
Old 29th August 2009, 22:06   #143
Senior - BHPian

That is a valid point you highlighted Sidindica.If 93 RON fuel is mandatory for euro - 4 engines,when india introduces new emission norms it must also ensure the nation wide availability of high quality fuel.
The headlamps look huge thought on the estilo!
Old 30th August 2009, 09:58   #144
Senior - BHPian

How come no ads whatsoever on TV? I just saw one huge print ad and nothing post that.
Old 30th August 2009, 10:15   #145
BHPian

IMO this one is completely "Innova ka baccha" Small Innova.
funkydude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2009, 11:14   #146
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
How come no ads whatsoever on TV? I just saw one huge print ad and nothing post that.
There is a TV ad going on.
Old 31st August 2009, 23:00   #147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Again, I am not used to drive 3 cylinder cars any more.I am used to smooth drive in my Santro or my parents' ANHC and expected a bit too much from the new 3 pot estilo.
"Smoothness" can be a subjective perception. My wife, her mum and our one-and-half year old daughter were forced to take an hour-long bus ride here in Goa a few days ago and I went to pick them up at the bus stand in Panjim on our 3-pot 796 CC Alto LXI. A few minutes into our ride and my wife exclaimed: "Wow, the Alto feels as spacious and smooth as a Mercedes after our bus ride. We can't even feel any potholes in our car." Suffice to say, that statement made my day.

Regards, Melvyn
Old 31st August 2009, 23:05   #148
Senior - BHPian

The Alto still is actually the of the best riding cars for its price and class. Period.
What I considered smoothness meant engine's mechanical noise.
In that context, the Santro's 4 pot is much more mechanically smooth and refined. But the santro has pathetic ride quality, especially at the rear.

But again, I suggest Maruti to make a small change in the WagonR to increase the estilo's sales: Make WagonR a 4 seater again with individual bucket seats in the rear that the original WagonR had. I loved that reclining double bed rear seat feature which now I sorely miss!

Last edited by sidindica : 31st August 2009 at 23:09.
Old 3rd September 2009, 13:04   #149
BHPian

looks like a scaled down xylo to me!
Old 3rd September 2009, 14:42   #150
BANNED

Saw one test drive car today. Looks much better than we see in photos.

Most Viewed