Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd September 2009, 15:02   #151
Senior - BHPian

Some sort of goofups in their ad campaign. Yesterday, saw an ad on TV in which the voice over at the end said `Zen' Estilo and then some punch line.
Old 3rd September 2009, 16:36   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
I think in the original Estilo, ZEN was bigger and Estilo smaller. Here, its the other way round. SX4 and Innova mated and delivered an Estilo was born.
HA HA HA ! MY GOODNESS!
Old 4th September 2009, 07:28   #153
BHPian

K10B 3 cylinder Engine is good in mileage, but the power at low RPM is not very exciting, especially in city driving. (Word of mouth from many Astar Owners)

This is one area I preferred the old Estillo with WagonR engine.

Thus Maruti downgraded this car with a face lift than upgrading it.

If Maruti could have bought the new Estillo with Ritz Engine, this car may be the best in the class.

Last edited by sunil8089 : 4th September 2009 at 07:30.
Old 4th September 2009, 11:16   #154
BHPian

Another flop model from Maruti I guess.
I guess designers of Maruti need to learn something from Honda and Toyota.
rabnawaz_b is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th September 2009, 19:32   #155
BHPian

test drove

Test drove the car, The car still has the zen batch in rear.

With the A-Star Engine, the distinct grunt of K-series can be heard clearly. With 4 ppl on board, the cars pulls really well, its torquey.

The rear door window has undergone change, and has distinct similarity with Indica Vista (rear door window). The car looks cool, I see sales picking up.

Highway drive was bit disappointing, I felt the car was missing road grip, and had floating feeling at around 80kmph.

The horn feels like it is pointing on the inside, asking us to getout of car and run away.

Yes, the gear change is slick and no issues with it, just that with A-star and Ritz gear positioning it feels outdated.

The rear has not changed, but gets a wiper+wash+de-fogger. Couldn't test for higher speeds, didn't get the confidence.

Last edited by ownerofazkaban : 5th September 2009 at 19:39. Reason: typos
ownerofazkaban is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2009, 13:27   #156
BHPian

Very "Zensational Intelligence" car for 3L price indeed.

Last edited by thainogkok : 7th September 2009 at 13:29.
thainogkok is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2009, 10:22   #157
BHPian

I prefer the ALTO for this new estilo

Will wait till middle next year so that the new ALTO with BSIV is launched. will get ALTO then
Old 31st March 2010, 20:23   #158
Senior - BHPian

Suzuki seems to have toned down the ugliness of the car in latest version. The front and side look good now. No patch on the "original" Zen, but much better than previous version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2theMax
Can't figure out how can the vxi be broader (check out the width) than an lxi ?
This is because Vxi has the rubber strips on both sides, each of which must be 1cm thick - thus a 20mm more wider Vxi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo
New engine, power convenience features, ABS, rear wiper, electric mirrors, all at 4lacs- has to agree that this has started making sense.
Yep, the car is loaded for the price. Only thing missing is Airbags on the top-trim - atleast dont see this mentioned in the feature-list on their site.

Ofcourse the bad city drivability (not enough torque at low rpms) mentioned by Sid sort of puts me off.
supremeBaleno is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2010, 20:27   #159
BHPian

instrument cluster looked like it was picked off an optra! Anway, im not too much of a fan of this car despite the update. It does look and feel a generation too old
Old 23rd August 2010, 15:02   #160
BHPian

Can someone do an unbiased review of Estilo?

Hi there! (I hope the mods are listening)
I am in the process of buying a car. I have currently narrowed down to the new Wagon R and the new Estilo. I have searched far and wide across TBHP, but I am yet to come across one decent review of the Estilo. Most of the members here do not own an estilo and i feel a mods should be given the charge of doing an unbiased review of the same. I feel the unwanted and unwarranted comments from non-estilo owning members should be moderated to make it an unbiased thread.

Over to you Mods!
Thanks
Arun
Old 23rd August 2010, 21:20   #161
BHPian

@arununo, I own the estilo (older one) and am not biased, but i think you should go for wagon R simply because it's newer, is based on all new platform. I got this info from a auto show on TV that the chassis is more stiff (than new estilo), hence the suspension is softer, resulting in more comfortable ride. The same being opposite in case of estilo. This is just a bit of info i wanted to share with u.
Old 23rd August 2010, 21:51   #162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianvirus View Post
@arununo, I own the estilo (older one) and am not biased, but i think you should go for wagon R simply because it's newer, is based on all new platform. I got this info from a auto show on TV that the chassis is more stiff (than new estilo), hence the suspension is softer, resulting in more comfortable ride. The same being opposite in case of estilo. This is just a bit of info i wanted to share with u.
I own the older estilo and have no regrets. It was one car that we bought without the test drive. Reason being the other choices or the lack of them. We were very sure that we do not want to buy
A wagon r or the swift. Hence the estilo. I kind of like the cute looks of this car. It is pretty fuel efficient, runs smoothly, decent interiors and easy manouverability for running small distances. Though not comfortable for inter city travel. It is a good city car. I have just bought a figo, but estilo sits pretty next to figo and baleno. Didn't want to sell it for pure utility that it offers. When we were shifting our house in the same colony, innumerable rounds were done in estilo. Good car at a decent price. And of course its a maruti.
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:24   #163
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arununo View Post
Hi there! (I hope the mods are listening)
I am in the process of buying a car. I have currently narrowed down to the new Wagon R and the new Estilo. I have searched far and wide across TBHP, but I am yet to come across one decent review of the Estilo. Most of the members here do not own an estilo and i feel a mods should be given the charge of doing an unbiased review of the same. I feel the unwanted and unwarranted comments from non-estilo owning members should be moderated to make it an unbiased thread.

Over to you Mods!
Thanks
Arun
Hi,

To put it shortly, Estilo is based on the *old* WagonR platform wheras new WagonR is based on the latest generation Suzuki WagonR platform, even though both share the same engine.
This alone is a clear one up for the WR, being more spacious, better suspension, gearshift and better built.

One way to clear your dilemma is to see how much discounts (if any) you are getting on both these cars, and then compare the net on road price. Ask yourself, does the price differential (after discounts) between the WR and Estillo balances out the value for money factor in favour of either of the two cars? You can very well go with the Estilo, there is nothing technically or mechanically wrong with the car at all.

Personally, i would go for Estillo over WR only if price difference between comparable models is >= 30 k , Estillo being cheaper.

Last edited by DCEite : 23rd August 2010 at 22:33.
DCEite is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2010, 01:01   #164
Senior - BHPian

wagon R is better buy than estilo any time. Wagon R feels much more roomier than the estilo.

Also, has maruti started to give discounts? or is there a price revision in the estilo? i see many new facelifted estilos now in mumbai black and yelloow cabs and even blue cool cabs these days.
Old 24th August 2010, 06:56   #165
BHPian

The odds favour estilo!

@indianvirus
i test drove both vehicles yesterday and confirm your findings regarding suspension.One thing which went against the estilo was that it was a badly maintained test car and in favour of the wagon r because it was new. so I am trying a test in a relatively newer estilo to truly appreciate the difference. And I am sure it should be softer than the Uno which I currently drive.One more thing is that the wagon r should fetch a better resale value than the estilo, since its all new.

@shivmarwaha
I concur!It should certainly serve my purpose well.

@DCEite
Its cheaper by 25K.So, its almost close to your 30K mark. I found the space ok in the estilo for the front and not so good in the rear. But I hardly have passengers in the rear. Its got a good boot than the wagon r, when i have to drop/pickup someone from the airport/station, i guess the estilo would serve better on that count.Apart from the integrated stereo and tilt steering (for which I have no good use) there is no difference in the feature set between the two cars.

@fx45-my rides are usually in the city with usually a rickshaw or a pedestrian ahead of me(<25kmph/usually 2nd gear) and if i drive more than 5kms I reach the fringes of the city( I stay in Raipur,Chattisgarh). So ride related issues dont matter much.

Same engine.Same mileage. better space in the boot.looks better in black colour.Better price. All these points make me go in favour of estilo.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks