Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which color you would select in Your Toyota Fortuner?
Grey Mica Metallic 52 21.67%
Light Blue Metalic 16 6.67%
Black Mica 67 27.92%
Super White 83 34.58%
Silver Mica Metallic 22 9.17%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2009, 23:34   #31
BHPian

Iike the light blue, A typical toyota (kind of a treadmark of toyota)
Old 27th August 2009, 01:14   #32
BHPian

Black would look the best on this monster IMHO
Old 27th August 2009, 08:16   #33
BANNED

Grey Mica Metallic

Yesterday booked one. I wanted white or blue but family liked black. So the choice finally Grey Mica Metallic... Maintaining black will be a bit difficult as I have found out in my Lancer.

So voted for Grey Mica Metallic...With all the accessories fitted black and grey looks fantastic..
Cheers
Old 27th August 2009, 08:22   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilipkumar7278 View Post
Yesterday booked one. I wanted white or blue but family liked black. So the choice finally Grey Mica Metallic... Maintaining black will be a bit difficult as I have found out in my Lancer.

So voted for Grey Mica Metallic...With all the accessories fitted black and grey looks fantastic..
Cheers
Nice choice. At the moment, grey has a slender lead over black plus grey, as you say, is easier to maintain.
Old 27th August 2009, 08:26   #35
BANNED

Look no further, the Silver Mica Metallic should be it. It will look nearly as gorgeous as black but less work on the maintenance for appearance.
Old 27th August 2009, 08:33   #36
Senior - BHPian

Guys what does the mica nomenclature stand for? Its there on silver, grey, blue and black.
Old 27th August 2009, 11:55   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Bashani the general trend atleast what i have noticed in the cars which are above a certain price tag, you do not see the fuel efficiency to such a great extent espesially in a diesel. My friends have black SUV's and they return the Same F.E. as a white car of the same make. They even leave the cars on with the AC running when we are chilling outside them. I do the same with my car. Its a myth that the AC will run less in a white car compared to a Black one. Get Better bulbs for your car is what i would say. We do not travel into forests where there is no light. The Highways and expressways do have lights and a car in any colour is visible at night.
Are you sure in january 2010 you would get a 2010 manufactured car and not a 2009 left over. In our country you dont get the latest model, it is the old stock that are cleared here. The 2010 model would be available in say post mid or end 2010. The only point i agree with you here is of the blue colour and its poor resale later on. The blue my friend is not like the one available on the outlander. this is a suttle blue that you see on the Altis and the Innova. It is quite nice if you look at it but does not suit an SUV. No hard feelings or anything personal, its just my take on the subject.
Speedy what you are doing is waste.
Nothing Personal but I would suggest please do not do that.
In my neck of the woods, the highways are not illuminated everywhere and the truckers on the highways are extremely rash, given tht other people do have headlights but still white is safer.
The fortuner is selling like hot cookies and I am quite sure that if bought after mid jan he is sure to get a 2010 production model.
Can't imagine Toyota stockpiling such a hot selling item.
Old 27th August 2009, 14:00   #38
Senior - BHPian

if white doesnt appeal to you, go for silver, as both looks good.Also new lighter blue is typical toyota colour which looks cool too.
Old 27th August 2009, 14:56   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashani View Post
In my neck of the woods, the highways are not illuminated everywhere and the truckers on the highways are extremely rash, given tht other people do have headlights but still white is safer.
The fortuner is selling like hot cookies and I am quite sure that if bought after mid jan he is sure to get a 2010 production model.
You have made me think now on the lines above.

Me with habit of driving everywhere, and at times where there are no roads, illumination can be an issue.

With four cars silver in a row, I am not on for silver. The light blue color fascinated me and also there is chance for early delivery for that color. Unfortunately my family is against it most probably because it was standing next to Innova of same color and their point was it looks like Innova

White looked marvelous. Grey and White are two top preferences of my Family. Black Color is getting some importance because they think Black has been lucky for me. My Gurkha and Safari are both black. My Safari got stolen last to last year during Diwali and only thing which went missing was the original papers. It was recovered in 10 days (2 months to recover from court was another matter though). Neither stereo, nor DVD screen was touched, actually not even single CD was taken away.

Gurkha inspite of all the troubles it has given always halted well before in time and at appropriate safe places So my wifey thinks Black is lucky for me.

Also on accessories part, I do not know if anyone has seen the list, they seem pretty costly to me. RoofRack in total would cost 35000 and cladding would cost 26000. Bullbar is 15000 from Toyota. These are the accessories which I am thinking of.

Do you think I should get them from Toyota or get it from outside?
Old 28th August 2009, 11:37   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashani View Post

I travel to Shahapur once a week, Silvassa thrice a week and have also been to Nasik and places around. The Highways in Most parts of India are not illuminated and what can be said about our truckers. That still would not make me believe that a Darker colour would make a substantial difference in FE, and that one should get a lighter colour for highways. I think its more of your personal opinioun and what you feel. It sounds as if Dark coloured cars should be banned from Highway driveing due to rash truck drivers and poor light conditions. No Hard feelings or anything personal.
The Fortuner has a tremendous response and why not the car for most people is top notch and at the end of the day. Brand recall and value for money. The issue is these are CBU's and imported from Thailand. You are only looking at Toyota India whereas i am looking at the Thailand section. They stock their cars and send the older lots here to get rid of their old stock. Till Toyota completly build the car here you would deal with older lots. Remember India has been the dump ground for the older varients, till some companies realised the pottential of Our Country. The car would be bought in 2010 and would give a better resale to you but is that all that you are looking at?? Take the VIN no and chassis no and you would see it is a 2009 model. In India each dealership i presume would be alotted 700 cars, but at the Thailand plant lakhs of Fortuners are produced to cater to the needs.
Anyways no point discussing further on the colour schemes for the highways as some of the cars would never see much of it. Everyone has their take on the matter and entitled to do so. What i like someone else might not and vice versa .

Last edited by speedy : 28th August 2009 at 11:41.
Old 13th October 2009, 18:42   #41
BHPian

It was Black all the way till we decided to have a look at Innova with probability of replacing the Corolla with Innova 7 seater. And White color stuck. There was a Black standing outside the Uttam Toyota. Female members of the family rejected the car, guess they had had enugh of black gurkha and Safari.

I did book black let's see if they change the color when they deliver it to me. Still they have not been able to give me any time. They just say "January for sure" :( Also I am not allowed to change the dealer. If I want to do so, I need to cancel the booking and then buy it.
Old 13th October 2009, 19:28   #42
BHPian

I like this color a lot, but it is not available in india.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner Color?-5e9ff33bdbd946628e1ec38ffa9118dfq.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Color?-187a0fc7edb64fa685bf989b977f7f96.jpg  

Old 13th October 2009, 20:25   #43
BHPian

Grey Mica Metallic - if this is the same that GTO test drove, that is the best color. Simply love it.
Old 13th October 2009, 20:39   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drvarunagarwal View Post
I had an alto bought on 20 dec 2000 and when I sold it in 2009 I got price of the vehicle 9 years old although it was just 10 days and I could have got couple of thousands more. Therefore I would advise you to buy it in Jan as waiting for a couple of days wouldn't do any harm but will get you better resale later. Nobody while purchasing looks at the year make of the car but the year in which it was registered.
I think, like the timing for buying is important, so is the time when one plans to sell. If you would have planned to sell in Dec 09, your vehicle would still have been considered 9 years old which it actually was!

Buying early in the year only increases the window within which you can sell IMHO.
Old 13th October 2009, 20:41   #45
Senior - BHPian

Hiya

Grey Fortuner, followed by White and Jan 2010 produced [if it matters], please. Thank you.

Good luck with your buy and drive safe. Please post lotsa nice pics after your purchase.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks