Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which color you would select in Your Toyota Fortuner?
Grey Mica Metallic 52 21.67%
Light Blue Metalic 16 6.67%
Black Mica 67 27.92%
Super White 83 34.58%
Silver Mica Metallic 22 9.17%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th November 2009, 15:41   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

The only 2 colors of the Fortuner I've seen on-road here are white/black. Buyers probably opine that it looks best in these 2 colors
Old 26th November 2009, 15:44   #77
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhandle View Post

do not know how to control the excitement. I am getting bit nervous.

BTW somebody told me that Fortuner prices would be slashed by next year - any weight in this statement.
congrats.

Price drop is very unlikely (though desirable), infact a price rise is the worry, given the demand for it, they can always say that this was introductory pricing and increase it, besides certain benefits that the auto industry received on account of the recession would be withdrawn by Apr.

The only bad bit for you could be that it would be a 2009 manufacturing year rather than a 2010 year vehicle and that would take an impact of 1L on the resale value 5 years down the line.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:06   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Ok, I just received a call from Toyota, and they are telling me instead of January I would be getting my car in December and tentative date is 15th December. At this short notice I cannot even have my color change. So guess Black it would be. Safari, Gurkha and now Fortuner all Black.

As soon as I get it I am planning a trip to Diu or Kerala for the new year. So I can give you guys a long drive review on Fortuner by January end. I do not know how to control the excitement. I am getting bit nervous.

BTW somebody told me that Fortuner prices would be slashed by next year - any weight in this statement.
I too just got a call five minutes ago..Silver can be delivered to me by mid Dec.

I am so confused guys..It looks good in Silver too and i can get it in two weeks but White really does it for me but will have to wait longer for that one!..

As far as pricing goes i seriously doubt prices would be lowered in any way, infact there is talk of car prices increasing across the board next year.

Really looking forward to your review Rhandle..please make sure you take a lot of pics and upload them for our hungry eyes.

..and since you have chosen black do go in for the exterior teflon coating so as to retain that shine.

I suggest you don't get it done from thy dealership as they are overpriced and more importantly do not use "Teflon" a Dupont product but some other company.

The actual Teflon Coating is done at a Car Detailer who works out of a the basement in Amby Mall, Gurgaon.
Old 27th November 2009, 11:44   #79
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
I too just got a call five minutes ago..Silver can be delivered to me by mid Dec.

I am so confused guys..It looks good in Silver too and i can get it in two weeks but White really does it for me but will have to wait longer for that one!..
Hahahaha! Confusion over! My parents who are vacationing in South India just saw a brand new white Fortuner on the road from Trivandrum to Kanyakumari and called me specially to say that it looks superb in white and that i should stick to it no matter how long the wait!..

God's ways sure are strange..here i was sitting all confused and actually mulling over changing to silver for an earlier delivery and they call me out of the blue to say that they just saw a white one and that i should stick to that color!

As i said..Confusion over!
Old 27th November 2009, 12:03   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manuuj View Post
Hahahaha! Confusion over! My parents who are vacationing in South India just saw a brand new white Fortuner on the road from Trivandrum to Kanyakumari and called me specially to say that it looks superb in white and that i should stick to it no matter how long the wait!..

God's ways sure are strange..here i was sitting all confused and actually mulling over changing to silver for an earlier delivery and they call me out of the blue to say that they just saw a white one and that i should stick to that color!

As i said..Confusion over!
What was your original booking color. I told them I want to change color and am ready to Take delivery in Jan they said it would be pushed beyond and gave me an option to cancel the booking.
Can I defer the delivery to Jan.? They said NO. I dont want delivery in 2009!
Old 1st December 2009, 11:04   #81
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
What was your original booking color. I told them I want to change color and am ready to Take delivery in Jan they said it would be pushed beyond and gave me an option to cancel the booking.
Can I defer the delivery to Jan.? They said NO. I dont want delivery in 2009!
That's a trick, speak directly to Toyota, and raise a ruckus.

No one obviously wants delivery in end Dec (especially with no discount pricing) so they are suggesting that you cancel the booking so that they can give your booking to someone else (and get a black amount on top) while you rebook in jan and get delivery in March / Apr.
Old 2nd December 2009, 01:05   #82
BHPian

I dont see why you cannot change your color to any color you want..all you have to do is give them a letter which states the same, They CANNOT refuse, its not like your car has been manufactured yet! If they refuse call up Toyota Customer Care at Bangalore. Trust me they are very efficient and helpful.

My original booking color was Silver but i changed to White a couple of months ago. My dealership had advised that since White has a long waiting the delivery of my Fortuner may be delayed a bit.

I will tell you a little trick..pay your full amount to the dealer..all of it.

Since there are a lot of people who wait for January and don't want their cars in December, tell your dealer that you have made the full payment and that you do not mind a December delivery.

You may get lucky and get your vehicle in the next couple of weeks!!

I have done the same as i don't care about the model year changing a few weeks later and my car being a 2009 model against a 2010 model.

This is because i intend to hold on to my Fortuner for atleast 8 to 10 years and i dont think when it comes time to sell all those years down the line, the difference in the resale value will be too much to worry over.

As it is there is talk of a price hike in January of 2% on all Toyota Models and i would rather not pay the 35,000 to 40,000 extra just for a model year change.

Best of luck!

Last edited by Manuuj : 2nd December 2009 at 01:07.
Old 17th December 2009, 14:27   #83
BHPian

Toyota Fortuner Color?-photo097.jpg
Toyota Fortuner Color?-photo098.jpg

The Black one is mine.

Accessories I have ordered (prices in approx.):

1. Mats - approx. INR 3500
2. Rear Mat - plastic one. INR 1800
3. Chrome muffler for Silencer - INR 980
4. Bull-bar - INR 15000
5. Side Cladding - INR 25000

Anything else should I go for?

Delivery Tomorrow.
Old 19th December 2009, 16:07   #84
Senior - BHPian

wow, 4 different colors Fortuners.

Congrats on the delivery of the beast.

Do let us know your delivery and first impressions. Also, pics with all these accessories.
Old 19th December 2009, 17:24   #85
BHPian

ooooo i just saw a black fortuner very closely!! it looks so posh and rugged at the same time!! black is the one to go for!

rhandle @ did you get the ORVMs indicators as accesories? and chrome door handles! but i feel some accesories are too much expensive! are they usefull? or its just exterior looks enhancement!

manuj @ i agree with you this car will age properly and it is the best car for 8 to 10 years! it can survive it! and it will not look old or outdated as its fairly mordern and at the same time it has rugged oldskool SUV look too!

Last edited by Caramelo : 19th December 2009 at 17:29.
Old 19th December 2009, 18:38   #86
Senior - BHPian

It is a great car. I traveled on Prado and Land cruiser and Hilux all are the products of TOYOTA.. But not of Private. They were the Government owned in the country where I worked. I don't know whether I will own one fortune r as of my own in this birth. Any how I will aim for that with hard work and har earning and not of lottery.
navan49 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2009, 13:43   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 247105
Attachment 247106

The Black one is mine.

Accessories I have ordered (prices in approx.):

1. Mats - approx. INR 3500
2. Rear Mat - plastic one. INR 1800
3. Chrome muffler for Silencer - INR 980
4. Bull-bar - INR 15000
5. Side Cladding - INR 25000

Anything else should I go for?

Delivery Tomorrow.
wow what else then black one mate, congratulations on the same.Do start your ownership thread with lots of pictures and review too.
Old 20th December 2009, 16:16   #88
Senior - BHPian

wow i see lots of fortuners in Bangalore Nowadays , They seem to be selling like hot cakes!!!.
My Area of RT nagar itself has 15+ fortuners and counting.
But imo grey looks the best.
Old 21st December 2009, 13:30   #89
BHPian

Looks awesome!! Keep it that way. I was just going to vote for black and I saw your post. Great going!
Old 23rd December 2009, 00:26   #90
BHPian

I took delivery of a White Fortuner on the 10th of December. I had to take it with the accessories that were on it..its a long story!

You can read about it in my thread in the "initial ownership" section. its called "White Fortuner TRD Kit ..Delivered"

I am attaching some pics but PLEASE PLEASE understand that the GOLD EMBLEMS and all that EXTRA CHROME were NOT my idea and have been removed already! ..(except for a few chrome bits that may damage the paint if i try to remove them, like the Door handle housing and Chrome B-Pillar Covers)

By the way here's a SCOOP. a new Fortuner color!! When i was at the bodyshop getting the gold emblems replaced there were two Off-White Pearl Metallic Fortuners standing there.

I took some pics and shall post them tommorow for sure!..

In the meantime some pics of my Fortuner on the Delivery day!..
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner Color?-10122009740.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Color?-10122009738.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Color?-11122009746.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Color?-11122009749.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks