Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Which color you would select in Your Toyota Fortuner?
Grey Mica Metallic 52 21.67%
Light Blue Metalic 16 6.67%
Black Mica 67 27.92%
Super White 83 34.58%
Silver Mica Metallic 22 9.17%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2009, 02:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

Black is most beautiful colour on a vehicle, but its also the most hardest to maintain it by keeping it scratch free and swirll marks free!

also balck absorbs maximum heat!

white or silver is the best colour on a 4x4 (SUV) and with a big vehicle like Fortuner, these two colours make it stand out!

these two colours are least effort maintained colours and they hide small scratchs and swirl marks very well. light shade of tinted window make it more attractive.

trust me if you choose any dark colour other than these two, you will have a hard time maintaining that colour!
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner Color?-f_02_m.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Color?-toyota20fortuner_19.jpg  

Toyota Fortuner Color?-f_01_m.jpg  

Old 26th August 2009, 07:27   #17
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

of the available choices grey is best
wish they had also allowed for a Dark Jungle Green shade
Old 26th August 2009, 08:32   #18
BHPian

My color light blue like Camry blue I hope. Black and white Indian SUVs I have- imagine a Fortuner in red, orange, yellow, pink - would we like them!
Old 26th August 2009, 08:37   #19
BHPian

I voted for black, its the color that goes well with the beast, Fortuner looks awsome when its dressed in black. as they say, black= killer looks
Old 26th August 2009, 10:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
White with black dark tints all around besides the driver and passanger windows in a lighter shade. Perfect premium SUV look, that's how I plan to get it if only I get passed the waiting list!
From what the dealer says white has longest wait period.
+1 Voted for black. But both black and the white makes it look meaner and imposing. Black is what this beast with such stance deserves.
Old 26th August 2009, 11:17   #21
Senior - BHPian

I saw the car at the showroom the other day. They only had the Greay and were fitting the accesories to the car. Some of the stuff fitted looked horrible and made the car look nothing like its supposed to be. The sales guys also did not know the names of the stuff put. Anyways lets talk of the car. The grey looked good but i am still for the black. My choice would be either the Grey or the Black. The white and lighter colours would not do justice to the car as there is lots of chrome. White could grow on you as it is a universal colour and looks good on bigger cars, so lets see. The interiors were bland and for the price i would not want an Innova feel. How much ever i crib and whine i'm still getting one, unless i can convince my father otherwise.
Old 26th August 2009, 11:24   #22
BHPian

In most of our car buying decisions the heart rules the roost. I would suggest think and then decide very carefully on the color.
The white looks awesome in Pix, it will stay cooler then most colors especially compared with black/grey. Which means lesser A.C. running = better fuel efficiency. The white color is clearly visible at night. With Our highways becoming more and more occupied it is better to have a car that is clearly visible to others so that they can stay out of your way.
Stay away from the blue cos it will have lesser buyers when you sell it a few years down the line. Also buy in January as the car would be registered in the new year, it would be great if you could buy a car that is produced in 2010 as well.
Old 26th August 2009, 11:29   #23
Senior - BHPian

Super White is the color i would love to own to beast in. Tag in a Party flag of ruling party and you'll be surprised to have salutes on a government premise roads
Old 26th August 2009, 12:18   #24
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Blue is not very SUV's but I would still say Blue to stand out. Which is why most wont vote for Blue. Black and white do have royal feel, and silver is too ordinary, Grey is stern and very much possibly the most choosen colour for the feel that most fortuner users will want.
Old 26th August 2009, 12:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bashani View Post
In most of our car buying decisions the heart rules the roost. I would suggest think and then decide very carefully on the color.
The white looks awesome in Pix, it will stay cooler then most colors especially compared with black/grey. Which means lesser A.C. running = better fuel efficiency. The white color is clearly visible at night. With Our highways becoming more and more occupied it is better to have a car that is clearly visible to others so that they can stay out of your way.
Stay away from the blue cos it will have lesser buyers when you sell it a few years down the line. Also buy in January as the car would be registered in the new year, it would be great if you could buy a car that is produced in 2010 as well.
Bashani the general trend atleast what i have noticed in the cars which are above a certain price tag, you do not see the fuel efficiency to such a great extent espesially in a diesel. My friends have black SUV's and they return the Same F.E. as a white car of the same make. They even leave the cars on with the AC running when we are chilling outside them. I do the same with my car. Its a myth that the AC will run less in a white car compared to a Black one. Get Better bulbs for your car is what i would say. We do not travel into forests where there is no light. The Highways and expressways do have lights and a car in any colour is visible at night.
Are you sure in january 2010 you would get a 2010 manufactured car and not a 2009 left over. In our country you dont get the latest model, it is the old stock that are cleared here. The 2010 model would be available in say post mid or end 2010. The only point i agree with you here is of the blue colour and its poor resale later on. The blue my friend is not like the one available on the outlander. this is a suttle blue that you see on the Altis and the Innova. It is quite nice if you look at it but does not suit an SUV. No hard feelings or anything personal, its just my take on the subject.

Last edited by speedy : 26th August 2009 at 12:43.
Old 26th August 2009, 12:50   #26
DKG
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhp1 View Post
SUV looks best in White & suits our climate.
White would be my first choice too because 1) its a large car and you don't want dust to show easily, white hides it best. Easier to maintain and is a cooler colour 2) Toyota SUV's look very nice in white
Old 26th August 2009, 13:01   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Are you sure in january 2010 you would get a 2010 manufactured car and not a 2009 left over. In our country you dont get the latest model, it is the old stock that are cleared here. The 2010 model would be available in say post mid or end 2010. The only point i agree with you here is of the blue colour and its poor resale later on.
I had an alto bought on 20 dec 2000 and when I sold it in 2009 I got price of the vehicle 9 years old although it was just 10 days and I could have got couple of thousands more. Therefore I would advise you to buy it in Jan as waiting for a couple of days wouldn't do any harm but will get you better resale later. Nobody while purchasing looks at the year make of the car but the year in which it was registered.

Also I recently bought a berry red i20 and have a really hard time keeping it clean. As soon as I am done washing the car, it starts gathering dust which shows due to the dark background, it looks shabby wherever I go. In our dusty environment it is best to buy a whit or silver car. My friend with his white i20 is very happy.
Old 26th August 2009, 14:29   #28
Senior - BHPian

Why do we need a separate thread to discuss the color of a car/SUV? This can be done in the main car thread itself. Why can't we discuss this in the Fortuner thread?
Old 26th August 2009, 14:31   #29
BHPian

Super white will look super duper on it.
Old 26th August 2009, 16:43   #30
Senior - BHPian

Grey & Black(Though its hard to maintain)looks good.
White comes second.

Most Viewed