Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which color you would select in Your Toyota Fortuner?
Grey Mica Metallic 52 21.67%
Light Blue Metalic 16 6.67%
Black Mica 67 27.92%
Super White 83 34.58%
Silver Mica Metallic 22 9.17%
Voters: 240. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2009, 00:15   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Guys by tommorrow or dayafter (depending if they work on sunday) i should have my fortuner in Black. The guys at the dealership were desperately trying to sell me the horendous kit for Rs 35,000 and i refused. The car is currently getting registered.
Congrats on your new buy,hope to see a review soon.

Looks like the dealers are not getting much margin by selling the fortuner, that may be the reason why they are trying to make you buy the kits. I remember reading in some other thread that some dealers are making it mandatory that you purchase the kit during booking itself.
Old 7th November 2009, 01:29   #62
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishnair View Post
Congrats on your new buy,hope to see a review soon.

Looks like the dealers are not getting much margin by selling the fortuner, that may be the reason why they are trying to make you buy the kits. I remember reading in some other thread that some dealers are making it mandatory that you purchase the kit during booking itself.

Thank you. GTO has put in the best review and since i am not a great or good writer i shall leave it to that.

I had written about it and yes the margin is as per any other indian car they sell. The only difference being toyota has made them buy a certain number of kits and so since they are not selling indipendantly, the dealers say it is part of the car and is mandatory to purchase. The smarter aware clients have just asked for the money back, so the dealer stays in check. This hpwever does not stop him from trying again later, like he did for us.
Old 7th November 2009, 15:10   #63
BANNED

Fort in White

Guys
Having booked the fort in grey already, I had second thoughts regarding white colour. So I asked my friend at Nippon whether I can change it now. He said that If I opted for white now I have to wait another 3-4 months. No way man...enough is enough,,,
Old 9th November 2009, 15:05   #64
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Even the one I saw belonged to a politician. It had 'Ex MLA' written on the number plate. I wonder how they manage to get the vehicle allotted so fast! I guess the party must struck a deal in a big way, and this seem to have contributed to the long waiting que.
To hide the back deeds and black money - no offense to any one but we all do acknowledge that a good majority of the sheep are indeed back out there. White cars are just like powdering ones nose to look good.
Old 11th November 2009, 11:15   #65
Senior - BHPian

Here is a picture i had taken of the white and black fortuner at the stock yard when i went to see both these colours as my father and me had a clash of colour. The black was decided upon immidiately and it has come home.
Attached Thumbnails
Toyota Fortuner Color?-toyota-fortuner.jpg  

Old 15th November 2009, 01:09   #66
Distinguished - BHPian

I would pick either pick Black or White. As Black is hard to maintain on such a huge vehicle which is even expected to offroad, White is the final choice so ive voted for White.
Old 15th November 2009, 15:07   #67
BHPian

oh you got the black!! wow even better! all the chrome will get highlighted and so will the grill and the toyota logo!! lets just say the shiny stuff shines more in black!! whereas in white IMO,
put toyota and white together and you get a taxi image in mind!! no i am not saying this is not royal looking and what not!! but everyone who has hired a Toyota would mostly be in white!! so i personally don't prefer white on Toyota's! (Chevrolet captiva looks good in white) softroader curvy looks sexy!!

And,i don't get this argument about tough to maintain!! people who can afford to buy 20-22 lac SUVs can certainly afford to maintain its look!! they have people to clean the cars daily so i don't see whats the big deal!!

also about the sun and the heat!! there might be 1 degree temp difference but everything gets hot in the sun anyway.(people have garages for this reason) especially fortuner owners! big bungalows and fancy parking lots in hi-fi apartments

this certainly elevates your ego!! like you own a prado or a LC or something!! no offense but its not bad when people say its a poor man's prado. (not that 20 lac suv buyer is poor:P) its just a mean compliment!!

you are free to argue with me!! i have nothing to do this weekend

Last edited by Caramelo : 15th November 2009 at 15:21.
Old 17th November 2009, 11:03   #68
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Caramello. Yep white can give a taxi image, but not a toyota fortuner. There would not be too many taxi fortuners, it just does not make sense as a taxi.

So white is as good a colour and can be choosen.
Old 17th November 2009, 15:10   #69
Distinguished - BHPian

@ ACM i spotted a light blue Fortuner with yellow plates here in gurgaon. But again the taxi image may never haunt Fortuner owners, its Innova owners issue.
Old 17th November 2009, 15:29   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
@ ACM i spotted a light blue Fortuner with yellow plates here in gurgaon.
Hotel or Upmarket Car Rental Agency vehicle perhaps?
Old 17th November 2009, 15:33   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
Hotel or Upmarket Car Rental Agency vehicle perhaps?
Obviously, Who would dump the money for a Fortuner otherwise? For that money 2 taxi Innovas can be bought.
Old 23rd November 2009, 16:05   #72
BHPian

I had voted for Silver Mica Metallic and that was the color i had originally booked in August also.

Upon seeing some White ones on the road i have changed my mind as the Fortuner looks fabulous in it.

I have both Silver and White vehicles and whereas the Silver vehicles are always easier to maintain and look better even after a few years of use, the Fortuner in White looks really really good as it brings out the Size and Design of the car to its fullest extent.

I had already therefore given an letter to my Dealer requesting Super White as my first choice and Silver Mica Metallic as my second choice based on whichever they can deliver at the earliest.

..but trust me guys..the wait is killing me!
Old 24th November 2009, 04:31   #73
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Obviously, Who would dump the money for a Fortuner otherwise? For that money 2 taxi Innovas can be bought.
i think this will be bought by companies for going on distant locations and tours for officials etc!

i just feel that a black or mettalic grey color will suit this vehicle!! because i have seen a white on the road! it does not make you go wow! black makes you looks sophisticated!! IMO.

@manuj - what is the expected delivery date they gave you!

Last edited by Caramelo : 24th November 2009 at 04:33.
Old 25th November 2009, 11:47   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caramelo View Post
i think this will be bought by companies for going on distant locations and tours for officials etc!
@manuj - what is the expected delivery date they gave you!
As i had booked the car late, that is after it was launched on the 24th of August, i was given a delivery date of late feb-march.

But since i have already made the full payment and continuously nag the person who allocates the car at my dealership i am hoping for a dec-jan delivery.

I was under the impression earlier that TKM was allocating the cars but upon confirmation from them i learnt they only allocated the vehicles to the dealers and the dealers in turn allocated the cars to customers on first come first serve basis.

Of course there are many instances of people using power and money to get cars delivered earlier and out of turn..but that's the matter for another thread.

The current black on the Fortuner in Delhi is anywhere between 2 to 3 lacs.
This is not an off the cuff statement guys..I'm stating a fact.
Old 26th November 2009, 15:04   #75
BHPian

Ok, I just received a call from Toyota, and they are telling me instead of January I would be getting my car in December and tentative date is 15th December. At this short notice I cannot even have my color change. So guess Black it would be. Safari, Gurkha and now Fortuner all Black.

As soon as I get it I am planning a trip to Diu or Kerala for the new year. So I can give you guys a long drive review on Fortuner by January end. I do not know how to control the excitement. I am getting bit nervous.

BTW somebody told me that Fortuner prices would be slashed by next year - any weight in this statement.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks