Team-BHP - Can the all new Tucson reignite the Indian soft roader market and save Hyundai?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Can the all new Tucson reignite the Indian soft roader market and save Hyundai? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/64211-can-all-new-tucson-reignite-indian-soft-roader-market-save-hyundai.html)

(pics taken from Carscoop via Hyundai's Korea website)

Well, the all new Tucson has just been launched in Korea and is available with:Since the vehicle is imported from Korea, it is upto Hyundai to launch it here as soon as next year.

Will the vehicle succeed in the Indian soft roader market this time around?
Going by the looks and package, I would pick this over the CR-V, X Trail and Captiva.

looks like an i20 on steroids. IMO it will get mixed reviews from people.

Looks much better than the old gen Tucson...188 BHP! Yummm

Hold on... 188 Bhp from a 2 Litre CRDI motor?

No one can save Hyundai India unless they willingly shed their small car manufacturer image themselves. Ironically, Hyundai India was never shown interest/capability in the big game. Try getting a Sonata Transform TD and you'll know what I mean. More than anything else, they need to up their game and get that Santa Fe here ASAP to pit against Fortuner

@ HYUNDAI: Do you have it in you?

Without any specifications, it is hard to comment. Now that Fortuner is out for such a sweet price, this Tucson could be in trouble even before it is released.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sidindica (Post 1449985)
Since the vehicle is imported from Korea, it is upto Hyundai to launch it here as soon as next year.

There goes the pricing...This will sell in good numbers if Hyundai manages to keep the price below 13L.

looks good but brand value will always play spoilsport.

It all depends on the price with respect to Hyundai's image.
One of the main reasons the old Tuscon didn't sell was the high price.But it was a good car nevertheless.SInce the new one is also going to be a CBU,its also going to be expensive,but Hyundai's gonna have to check that it doesn't go near CR-V territory.
The cars has looks,if priced right,that 188bhp diesel has the potential to turn around the now lukewarm soft-roader segment.

But this car can never save Hyundai India.Just might change their image a bit.

Hyundai had promised that the Santa Fe will hit Indian shores 2 yrs back...and still there's no clue whether it's gonna launch anytime soon. I reckon the same thing is gonna happen with the new Tuscon. It's a capable vehicle but hyundai would think twice before bringing it here after the miserable failure of the Terracan and old Tuscon.

Seems like a direct descendant of the "i" family (10, 20..)Not complaining though. Pricing it right which i highly doubt it (if at all) being a CBU and with that stonker 188bhp oil burner, the tucson might just hit it this time.

P.S. Why call it tucson when it doesn't look any close to the previous generation model. Why not launch it as a brand new product (just talking about the indian market) since, it's really, a brand new vehicle and the tucson never got it's share of fame anycase.

Its just a big softie.The wheels looks small.If hyundai can price it somewhere only around 15 lakhish then only it can attract buyers.Anything over that and hyundai is going on unchartered territory.Why doesnt hyundai try to launch an Innova or Xylo competitor instead of luanching these soft-roaders which never work.

Well, the engine and interiors puts Toyotas and Hondas to shame.
Only if they could price it competitively.
Hyundai has some great SUV's and with this cracker of an engine, I dont feel why they should succeed.
IMO, Hyundai understands Indian market better than Toyota and Honda and will re-enter premium segment very soon. It already enjoys huge success in small car segment and that's important than anything else (which Toyota or Honda doesn't)

Looks very neat ...

However, Hyundai would have to do a lot to impress people to be able to sell this product. Neither of their earlier SUVs or Sonata have done much sales. I guess its the perception of people that Hyundai is good in sub-10 Lac price bracket only.

If this is launched as if in India, it could give some serious competition to other softroaders.

Well, the engine and interiors are great but how much of thoes will be seen in the indian market when launched. The rear looks almost like the bmw X6 and the front reminds me of the EVO X, hyundai has made one good looking cross between X6 and the EVO X and it all depends on how they price it and what its going to be packed with (features)

this car coming in at 15 lacs?
very tough.
My guess is it will be just a tad lower than the Fortuner if that.
but it looks very nice and purposeful.
I think the Skoda Yeti will prove to be the category killer in this segment and indeed open a whole new world to Indian car buyers.

My personal view: regardless of its merits or pricing, the new Tucson will get the same caning as the old one.