Team-BHP - Speed 93 causing problems on my swift!?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Speed 93 causing problems on my swift!? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6423-speed-93-causing-problems-my-swift-2.html)

Hi all ,
Filled in speed (normal speed and not speed 93) and pickup and perfomance is back to normal.. :) .i believe it was the pump that was the culprit....

Is there a difference in FE using these high octane fuels? Very marginal is what i think. May be they help maintain the engine better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandCruiser
Is there a difference in FE using these high octane fuels? Very marginal is what i think. May be they help maintain the engine better.

If there is a difference in FE, it would be offset by the higher price you pay for the premium fuel. So overall, you wouldn't be any better off.

Has anyone seen the print ad from IndianOil for XtraPremium a while back? It says "The Sharmas (or Guptas or whatever) were able to save so much by switching to XtraPremium that they were able to get a new family pet". And there is a picture of a little girl playing in the family backyard with a pet ELEPHANT!

Now I have no idea how much an elephant costs, but I am ready to bet that no matter how much you drive, you will NEVER save enough to buy an elephant by switching to XtraPremium. False advertising, anyone?

I agree that these are all good fuels, but why does the advertising have to insult our intelligence?

Quote:

Now I have no idea how much an elephant costs, but I am ready to bet that no matter how much you drive, you will NEVER save enough to buy an elephant by switching to XtraPremium. False advertising, anyone?
rl:

nice point
but its advertising they always like to exagerate stuff
seen recent XtraPremium ad?
that guys drives on & on & still fuel level is shown same!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LandCruiser

Well,I filled up Speed(87 Octane) tank full on my Brand New Honda City CVT,and got a mileage of 10.31km/litre in Mumbai,with 100% AC on all the time.Then,2nd tank full was Speed 93,and the mileage I got was 10.60km/litre in same driving conditions.
Well,this 0.29kms/litre increase in mileage turn out to be the same overall cost of petrol per km.
I calculated,and it came to Rs4.58/km on Speed fuel,and Rs4.59/km on Speed 93.
So,overall cost of running the car on both fuels is the same..but I guess Speed 93 is anyday the better option because it will keep the engine running well for years,and long term maintainance costs will be reduced.
Suraj

Quote:

Originally Posted by vRS
Initial use of Speed 93 can lead to a clogged fuel filter due to removal of deposits. That may be the cause of the sluggishness. (This info can be confirmed from FAQ on the speed93.com site)

Viky

The swift is too new car for fuel filter to clogged ... It has to be adulterated fuel..