Team-BHP - Speed 93 causing problems on my swift!?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Speed 93 causing problems on my swift!? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6423-speed-93-causing-problems-my-swift.html)

Hi all,
Just wanted to check if any one has faced issues by filling speed 93 on their cars..
I normally used to fill speed or xtrapremium on my new swift but last week tried out speed 93.My vehicle has become very sluggish after this.The pickup also has dropped drastically(Dont know if the petrol was adultrated ) :mad: .Just trying to figure out if speed 93 can be used on swift and if any one had any similar issues with speed 93 .

Thanks

Weird! I've never had any issues with it. Actually, I can feel the improvement. But some say it's all in the mind...

Maybe it's the pump. Try a different place.

Try using Xtra premium 93 octane.You'll find out the difference yourself.Or maybe as viper said,try a different pump.

X

Quote:

Try using Xtra premium 93octane.
X, Xtra premium is only 91.

Quote:

Originally Posted by praveen_n77
Just trying to figure out if speed 93 can be used on swift and if any one had any similar issues with speed 93 .

Swift (Esteem)'s engine has compression ratio of 9 which works with normal 87 octane fuel. Putting higher octane fuel will not be required

However for Getz which has compression ratio of 10 requires higher octane fuel. Hope this helps.

Btw: Can you share your experience with Swift... Color, Delivery time, Km driven and Fuel efficiency ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by skamb
Btw: Can you share your experience with Swift... Color, Delivery time, Km driven and Fuel efficiency ?

Hi Skamb,

There are several (and i mean sevvverallll) threads regarding those issues, please look around for them as opposed to shifting the topic of this thread.

cya
R

u can safely use 93 octane in your car.try another petrol pump

9.3:1 is the recommended ratio above which you should use 91-93 RON. BUT it seems a lot of manufacturers do not give out accurate comp ratios. To be safe, use a higher RON. Think of it as a treat for your baby!

I think you should stick to 91 Oct. I've tried both 93 and 91 Oct and found no diff between these 2 fuels.

93 Oct might be good as a fuel but, our engines aren't designed for that. I regularly use Xtra Premium from IOC and haven't experienced a single fuel related problem so far.

With 93 Oct, you're not really gaining anything more than what you'd have achieved with 91 Oct.

It's a diff story if your car has a compression of 10 and above.

Shan2nu

Quote:

Originally Posted by praveen_n77
Hi all,
.The pickup also has dropped drastically(Dont know if the petrol was adultrated )
Thanks

Initial use of Speed 93 can lead to a clogged fuel filter due to removal of deposits. That may be the cause of the sluggishness. (This info can be confirmed from FAQ on the speed93.com site)

Viky

the car in question is a swift and will it have so much of muck deposited from the short span that the speed 93 removed it and deposited in the tank??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudra Sen
X, Xtra premium is only 91.

Nahh.Correction.I drive on 93 Xtra premium.Its very much available in Mumbai atleast.It costs 50 rupees. :)

X

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Machine
Nahh.Correction.I drive on 93 Xtra premium.Its very much available in Mumbai atleast.It costs 50 rupees. :)

That's exactly what I mean X. It's not available in most of the cities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaggu
the car in question is a swift and will it have so much of muck deposited from the short span that the speed 93 removed it and deposited in the tank??

Jaggu - Sorry ...did'nt read that its a brand new car. However, I must add that i had clogged fuel filter on my new RS at 700 km. Looks like the company or the dealer used it for test drives before they delivered it to me :mad:

may be you are getting a feel of car bing sluggish knowing that you have filled 93 octane fuel!
somewhere in the back of your mind you might be expecting a great performance which since the car being designed for 87 octane might not have received

just my thought