Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 27th August 2009, 18:31   #1

Ritz - Drive Shaft recall

Today morning, got a call from Bimal Auto from whom we had purchased our Ritz LDi on June 10 informing us that Maruti has asked the dealers to check the drive shaft numbers in the vehicle as there has been a mix up in some vehicles using the Swift Drive shaft instead of the one meant for Ritz.

Have the Ritz owners in this community got such calls, if so, how many have got their drive shafts replaced.

Not a good thing to expect from a company which has been in the existence for 25+ years.

A worried owner.
Old 27th August 2009, 18:37   #2
Senior - BHPian

1) SX4 also had drive shaft issues, but this was in very less number.

2) Bimal auto is not a very good dealer. There is a thread on TBHP about the dealer acting badly. Kindly confirm this with other dealer and then take your car to Bimal.

Even Toyota is facing recalls, so this issue is not new. In fact its good that they are coming up with recalls i.e. openly admitting their mistake. But this is avoidable in first place.
Old 27th August 2009, 18:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Not to worry - over ten years ago, they had a defect in some Zen parts, and went about it quite systematically. I had a CRV that had its fuel tank changed, because it was suspected that some of them caused fumes to be released inside the cabin. These things happen, how companies deal with them is what marks out the good ones.
Old 27th August 2009, 19:29   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
1) SX4 also had drive shaft issues, but this was in very less number.

2) Bimal auto is not a very good dealer. There is a thread on TBHP about the dealer acting badly. Kindly confirm this with other dealer and then take your car to Bimal.

Even Toyota is facing recalls, so this issue is not new. In fact its good that they are coming up with recalls i.e. openly admitting their mistake. But this is avoidable in first place.
OK you say that Bimal is not a good dealer but how does this subject of changing drive shaft link.
gowda79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2009, 19:46   #5
BHPian

It is much better than Skoda story...they are proactive, which is a good sign
Old 27th August 2009, 20:01   #6
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruns View Post
Today morning, got a call from Bimal Auto from whom we had purchased our Ritz LDi on June 10 informing us that Maruti has asked the dealers to check the drive shaft numbers in the vehicle as there has been a mix up in some vehicles using the Swift Drive shaft instead of the one meant for Ritz.

Have the Ritz owners in this community got such calls, if so, how many have got their drive shafts replaced.

Not a good thing to expect from a company which has been in the existence for 25+ years.

A worried owner.
Vehicle recall for defective parts is common world-wide. All reputed manufacturers resort to this method rather than getting their reputation blemished. There is nothing to worry.

Old 27th August 2009, 20:02   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Not to worry - over ten years ago, they had a defect in some Zen parts, and went about it quite systematically. I had a CRV that had its fuel tank changed, because it was suspected that some of them caused fumes to be released inside the cabin. These things happen, how companies deal with them is what marks out the good ones.
Absolutely, actually I remember getting a letter from Maruti to get my Zen checked, I don't remember the exact problem (it was in 2001), may be it was to do with the suspension. Fortunately my Zen did not belong to the series that had the problem.

Few years later while I had the Corolla, I got a call from Toyota that they are replacing the turn indicator levers for a certain series of vehicles. They replaced it in my car. According to the dealer, there were reports that the lever was getting jammed and so they are pro-actively replacing them. The dealer was saying the turn indicator lever was worth 7K.
Old 27th August 2009, 20:10   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Some vehicles? Then how it becomes a 'universal' problem?

Quote:
Actually, it's good thing. At least they have not waited for problems to occur for customers and repair after that. You know, companies like Toyota, GM etc sometimes recalls lakhs of vehicles siting 'problems with etc etc component'.
Old 27th August 2009, 21:44   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gowda79 View Post
OK you say that Bimal is not a good dealer but how does this subject of changing drive shaft link.
I was not sure and even now I am not sure if the news is correct or not. I wondered how come Bimal come up with a call for changing the driveshaft. So, I just wanted to make him aware that he is not the best dealer ( after reading it from TBHP ) and if he proceeds to them for this job, it must be after confirmation. This is news to me and there is no other trace of this news to me, so I doubt that this news is authentic, so the dealer might have a nasty surprise for him.
Also I thought that Bimal might show a few problems here and there for getting business. This is somewhat paranoid behavior, but from what Bimal had done coupled with non availability of this news anywhere else made me post the above statement. Its just a word of caution to confirm the news with others also. That is what I had posted.
Quote:
Old 27th August 2009, 22:16   #10
BHPian

Quote:

A worried owner.
I think this has happened with several manufacturers across the globe. Recalling is something of a proactive measure by a company if there is a fault. In fact, in my SX4, Maruti replaced the clutch plate as there was a fault in the initial batch.
There is nothing to be worried. If this is true, go ahead and get the drive shaft checked and confirm if it is to be changed or not
Old 28th August 2009, 10:00   #11
Senior - BHPian

What is important is they understand their responsibility and asking dealers to cross check and replace it. Do not worry, at least they are making sure you would not face any difficulty in future.
Old 28th August 2009, 11:25   #12
BHPian

Can this be the reason why suddenly Maruti has thrown a 10,000 discount on Ritz today till the month end. Check today' TOI and it has big ad specially for Ritz discount. Is it to suppress down the bad publicity as the vehicle is not that old for discounts yet.
Old 28th August 2009, 11:45   #13

Update from yesterday's post

Kiran,one of the supervisors at Bimal had visited my place in the morning to inspect the vehicle,

He confirmed that this my vehicle has been fitted with a Ritz Drive shaft and hence no need to worry.

He also informed that this was a precautionary check been initiated by maruti to confirm the issue.

Hope things remain as committed and no problems occur.
Old 28th August 2009, 12:34   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
If you have read all my posts in this thread, I am also allergic to word Bimal. And hence posted that this news must be first confirmed before going in for a change.
I guess this should solve your issue with Bimal and guys do give them some space to become better and not to push them more down and as per the known source Bimal has pulled in some good people into the administration and are doing better nowadays.

Quote:
Update from yesterday's post

Kiran,one of the supervisors at Bimal had visited my place in the morning to inspect the vehicle,

He confirmed that this my vehicle has been fitted with a Ritz Drive shaft and hence no need to worry.

He also informed that this was a precautionary check been initiated by maruti to confirm the issue.

Hope things remain as committed and no problems occur.

P.S. - I do not have anything to do with Bimal Motors and i give my Esteem for Service at RNS Motors, Yeshwantpur as it is nearby to my place.
Old 28th August 2009, 18:09   #15
BHPian

No issues with Ritz

@Bruns: I'm an owner of Ritz after reading your thread. I ranged up my dealer and other dealers in Bangalore..but there problem is no true and it could be specific. I reconfirmed the same with my maruti friend. As you rightly said, it could be a precautionary.

@neonwheels: i always believe we should support precautionary measures when some manufacturers are taking customers for granted.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks