Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Is this scheme lucrative?
Yes 23 34.85%
No 43 65.15%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2009, 12:31   #16
Senior - BHPian

check withe GM team too, if they are a party to it.
Old 29th August 2009, 12:40   #17
BHPian

I don`t like the idea man. your car will look like a cab . Something like meru cabs or eurocars. It will not give a good image to others.
Old 29th August 2009, 12:47   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakowli View Post
GOOD Morning to all.
As of know i am just checking the legality of the agreement which i have got. if it is proper i m going for the deal 99%.

I am sure there will be some kind of tax applicable for these kind of advertisements. Hence please check up who will be paying this, else you will be harassed by the BMC at every corner.

Why have they selected spark only.
Old 29th August 2009, 13:16   #19
BHPian

Wow, what an idea Sirji. Cricketers have, since quite a while, been sporting ads on their clothing for lots and lots of money. So is this an extension of that idea? But 6000 per month is too small a sum for me to consider this proposal. In the least they should also pay for the fuel to drive my car all over the place: across town and on long drives. Secondly, what kind of pictures will they paste on the outside? Will I feel comfortable driving in such a car, especially with my family, or even with me in it? The deal could be attractive if the details are acceptable.
Old 29th August 2009, 13:33   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
I am sure there will be some kind of tax applicable for these kind of advertisements. Hence please check up who will be paying this, else you will be harassed by the BMC at every corner.

Why have they selected spark only.
1. Check for applicability of taxes by Sky Sign Department of Municipal Corporation. They levy taxes on advertisement displays such as Outdoor hoardings and similar displays. In such cases the taxes are paid by advertising company (one managing such displays).

2. Check for income tax implications. Rs. 6K p.m. (Rs. 72K p.a.) would be taxable in your hands and the ad company paying you should deduct tax at source. [Disclaimer: Check for correctness of this info with your C.A. / Tax consultant.]

Last edited by Bouncer : 29th August 2009 at 13:36.
Old 29th August 2009, 13:34   #21
BHPian

Yes before buying i will be checking with GM too.

The tax applicable is i think the agency fees that are 21K is about that.
Yes i will also have to see for BMC rules also. Once i get the confirmation from the lawyer, then i can speak to GM and and the AD company regarding this.
Thank you to all for giving me suggestion as to what i have to ask before buying.
like monthly KMs driven and extra taxes if applicable.

Gostel@
Rs 6000 PM maybe less but then the car is also small. Also you cannot bargain with these people becoz you are not famous like the cricketers and actors. You will become their brand ammbasador but only a small part of the company.
Old 29th August 2009, 14:31   #22
BHPian

Is there any way you can control what is being advertised on the car? Else you might end up with advertising Rakhi sawants pregnancy or divorce serials
Old 29th August 2009, 14:45   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiren View Post
Is there any way you can control what is being advertised on the car? Else you might end up with advertising Rakhi sawants pregnancy or divorce serials
. Exactly. I wouldn't want to be seen driving one like that.
Old 29th August 2009, 16:59   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakowli View Post
GOOD Morning to all.
As of know i am just checking the legality of the agreement which i have got. if it is proper i m going for the deal 99%.
hey rakowli, please let all of us know the details and legality once you are through and done with the agreement. If you can list us the terms and conditions , it will give us a fair idea of how it works. Probably there are other companies also in this field, we may reach them for a similar deal.
Old 29th August 2009, 19:32   #25
BHPian

I don't think we can control the Ad pictures what are been put.
I will try and upload the Agreement details which i have on mail in word document.
i will upload that file itself. you too can take a look at it.
but i can upload it on Monday only as the file is in my office PC.
Old 31st August 2009, 16:11   #26
BHPian

This is the agreement details. You all cantake a look at it.
and give ur suggestion. Thank you.
Attached Files
File Type: doc SPARK_AGGREMENT.doc (48.5 KB, 5563 views)
Old 31st August 2009, 16:30   #27
Senior - BHPian

I would be interested in such a deal for my brand new Alto. I will not mind carrying the ads on my car, if it is done aesthetically and are not embarrassing!

Last edited by Gansan : 31st August 2009 at 16:43.
Old 31st August 2009, 17:08   #28
BHPian

is this type of advertising also available in Bangalore, i would not mind to have it on my car...is this only for Spark Model..?
Old 31st August 2009, 17:19   #29
BHPian

I dont think we can take it for granted that these ads would be done aesthetically good and not embarrassing, IMHO we will have to be prepared mentally to see 'any' kind of ad being put up on the car and might invite "giggles", oohs & aahs. The person who is willing to go for such a car has to be mentally strong to confront any kind of question or discussion that arises right from their family, friends to a stranger.
Old 31st August 2009, 17:21   #30
BHPian

Some strict rules in that doc, esp that you cant deny the ad contents. And if its before the lock-in period u cant even terminate it I guess.

Other than that, most conditions are ok I guess. If they can show you a brochure of the kind of ads they generally put up, you might get a rough idea but still may not guarantee if some obscene ad is gonna be pasted.

Last edited by rageshgr : 31st August 2009 at 17:23.

Most Viewed