Team-BHP - Ford India's future line up
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Ford India's future line up (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/64425-ford-indias-future-line-up-14.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ethanhunt123 (Post 2568278)
Another market dud. Given the way petrol prices are going up, who would opt for a petrol AT. Ford had a chance to finally do something to move Fiesta by offering Diesel AT, but I guess they have squandered that as well.

Erm, ironic, but true, the 6 Speed DSG box on the Fiesta is more eficient and also faster than the manual version in all the countries where it has been launched. Reviewres have attributed this to the additional cog present in the DSG AT. So for the fuel efficiency conscious AT buyer, here's the good news. But its the pricing that could make or break the deal here. Even the base variants should be offered with AT option for the Fiesta to undercut competition. Else its going to be a great AT box in a great handling car, but out of reach for most :Frustrati

Quote:

Originally Posted by aravind.anand
Erm, ironic, but true, the 6 Speed DSG box on the Fiesta is more eficient and also faster than the manual version in all the countries where it has been launched. Reviewres have attributed this to the additional cog present in the DSG AT. So for the fuel efficiency conscious AT buyer, here's the good news. But its the pricing that could make or break the deal here. Even the base variants should be offered with AT option for the Fiesta to undercut competition. Else its going to be a great AT box in a great handling car, but out of reach for most :Frustrati

Facts might say something but general perception matters, and that says AT is less fuel efficient. And anyways, going by petrol prices, 99% people are going to buy diesel anyways.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karty_83 (Post 2568038)
A welcome addition. Is it a petrol and a diesel At a la Verna ?
The fiesta classic seemed to be doing much better than this. Hope an automatic revives its sales.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2568108)
Is there a Diesel AT as well?
Or Its just the petrol version?

Diesel AT? Don't think so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by petroguzzler (Post 2568149)
Hmmmm...the pricing is already on the high side...wonder how they're going to position this automatic???

The petrol AT should be priced at ~10.2-10.5L, going by the current pricing, which should be about ~11.2-11.5L OTR. Even if they offer a diesel AT, they can't keep it below ~12.5-13L OTR, which is a humongous price!

They need a price correction of at least 50K across all models, if not more.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pacifica (Post 2568165)
Hmm... shouldn't the P-R-N-D-L display on the gearshift be on the right hand side, i.e.: on the driver side?

Usually its the headlamp/indicator stalk on the left (wrong) side of the wheel and the wiper stalk on the right (wrong) side like some European and American manufacturers (including Ford) like to do, but I think this is the first time I've seen the PRNDL display also on the wrong side.

Excellent observation.

It would seem like they lifted the Auto tranny straight out of a US RHD Fiesta and plonked it into the Indian one. Only explanation which comes to mind.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aravind.anand (Post 2568218)
And the 4 speed auto mentioned on the article is wrong. The Fiesta will indeed come with the 6 Speed Dual Clutch Transmission will be offered with the 1.5 Ti-VCT petrol engine according to ACI editor Hormazd's tweet. So this will be the only DSG on this side of the Laura then :thumbs up

The pic clearly shows 4-speed AT, so the 6-speed is still doubtful. But then, the variant in the IAB pics could be a test model also.

Maybe they are testing a 4-speed AT (to be introduced) for the Fiesta Classic, and planning to introduce the 6-speed DSG in the new Fiesta. Hormazd has usually been right on the money with his info so I am agreeing with you, Aravind.

Only the official launch next week will clarify this confusion.

Quote:

Another market dud. Given the way petrol prices are going up, who would opt for a petrol AT. Ford had a chance to finally do something to move Fiesta by offering Diesel AT, but I guess they have squandered that as well.

Well, a diesel AT at a whopping ~12.5-13L OTR will find few takers. The Verna diesel AT comes at a huge margin of ~50-90K cheaper, and with Hyundai's service network and reportedly better A.S.S., will have it beaten hollow in no time.

The new Fiesta needs a price correction badly. At least ~50K less than the current pricing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vb-san (Post 2568699)
Good move by Ford if it’s a 6-speed DSG. Hope they have addressed some of the quality issues as well. In the pics shared by Raven, the seat looks like leather. Any news on interior updates ?

None so far, vb. I am guessing pure leather seats to go with the AT box.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aravind.anand (Post 2569019)
Yes, the only changes in the interiors would be to the gear-lever and the leather seats I heard. Also the salesman said that there would be a new colour on offer as well. Mostly wine red he said. But he din't mention anything about the interior quality improvement

Tend to agree with the above. A new distinguishing color for the AT could be swell.

Here is a video showing the shift points for the 2011 Fiesta Dual-Clutch AT -

[youtube]UP-O4ljZBl4[/youtube]

If it is launched here, it will be fine-tuned for efficiency, rather than performance, IMO.

Hey RavenAvi, nice clear post you have posted there. Kudos for the effort :thumbs up And please enlighten me about how you say that the gear lever looks like a 4-Speed one! :confused: I thought both DSG & the conventional Torque converter had the same kind of levers. Though paddle shifters are a give away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by aravind.anand (Post 2569319)
Hey RavenAvi, nice clear post you have posted there. Kudos for the effort :thumbs up And please enlighten me about how you say that the gear lever looks like a 4-Speed one! :confused: I thought both DSG & the conventional Torque converter had the same kind of levers. Though paddle shifters are a give away.

Oops! Sorry, my mistake bud. Guess the Verna AT's box was running in my thoughts in the post above.

Quote:

Well some 6 speed DSG boxes actually offer better FE than their manual counterparts!

It's confirmed.

The new Fiesta will indeed get the 6-speed Powershift Dual Clutch Automatic.

Only Petrol AT variant, though.

Ford India's future line up-fordfiestapowershiftdualclutchautomaticgearbox.jpg

All New Ford Fiesta Sedan gets the six speed Powershift dual clutch automatic; Available only for the petrol engined model! | IndianCarsBikes.in

Read Autocar's initial driving impressions about the New Fiesta AT. Ford Fiesta auto test drive, review - News - Autocar India
Of the colour palette for the Fiesta, the new colour suits it the best IMHO. Also I don't think the price increase will be just 60-70k as it will also come with Leather seats! So about 80k over the manual I would presume. No mention of any sort of performance or fuel efficiency figures in the article though.

Hormazd Sorabjee has just tweeted that Ford Ecosport is coming early next year: Here's the link

SCOOP! Ford EcoSport coming next year - News - Autocar India Mobile Edition

Cheers,

:OT

Guys,

None of the links to Ford Ecosport on Team-Bhp is opening. Is it only me or anyone else is facing this problem?

MAS you are not alone, same is the case with me. The Indian Car Scene section shows that the thread has been moved, but where only God knows (or may be the moderators). Request to mods, can you please get the thread back in the position where it was ealier.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoIndian (Post 2611260)
MAS you are not alone, same is the case with me. The Indian Car Scene section shows that the thread has been moved, but where only God knows (or may be the moderators). Request to mods, can you please get the thread back in the position where it was ealier.

I was about to call my computer guy to check if there was a problem at my end.

MODS, does this mean we should get ready for a Team-Bhp Official Test Drive report?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAS (Post 2611265)
I was about to call my computer guy to check if there was a problem at my end.

Quite funny, could not stop :uncontrol. We are so addicted & dependent on TBHP, that if a thread does not open, we would try all the means, but never doubt TBHP.

Quote:

MODS, does this mean we should get ready for a Team-Bhp Official Test Drive report?

If that is the case then nothing like it, but the probability seems quite low. Usually the mods put a note at the end of the thread stating the reason why the thread is being closed & giving the link of the new thread where further discussions can be continued, but this does not seems to be the case over here. The thread has just vanished from the scene, rather Indian Car Scene.

How I wish what you say is true, however dont think that's the reason. If so, the thread would have been locked instead of just being moved. Isnt it?

I suspect the posts/thread got corrupted and has to be moved. I think it will be back pretty soon with the restore.

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AutoIndian (Post 2611275)
Quite funny, could not stop :uncontrol. We are so addicted & dependent on TBHP, that if a thread does not open, we would try all the means, but never doubt TBHP.

Well, i guess most of us like that... :uncontrol

If that is the case then nothing like it, but the probability seems quite low. Usually the mods put a note at the end of the thread stating the reason why the thread is being closed & giving the link of the new thread where further discussions can be continued, but this does not seems to be the case over here. The thread has just vanished from the scene, rather Indian Car Scene.[/quote]

I know that the possibility is very remote, but i just hope there is something cooking for us.