Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th March 2010, 20:14   #61
BHPian

Focus especially in diesel is a glaring miss from their strategy, no?
Old 16th March 2010, 20:36   #62
BHPian

I really do not understand the philosophy here. People are cribbing about the "overpriced" i20 and want Ford to launch the Focus? Ford Focus is a big hatch (read BIG) and clearly by Indian standards, it will be overpriced if launched here. I don't think Ford want to bring in another Palio 1.6 to India. Volume is the name of the game and not niche market.
Old 17th March 2010, 00:10   #63
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A350XWB View Post
I really do not understand the philosophy here. People are cribbing about the "overpriced" i20 and want Ford to launch the Focus? Ford Focus is a big hatch (read BIG) and clearly by Indian standards, it will be overpriced if launched here. I don't think Ford want to bring in another Palio 1.6 to India. Volume is the name of the game and not niche market.
Mustang is talking about the Focus sedan that is currently on sale in the US. I have seen it in person and it's a beauty. Expect it to be priced in the Corolla segment. It will have a juicy 2.0L Duratec that makes 140 PS of power and 190 NM of torque.

Name:  focus.bmp
Views: 1655
Size:  716.1 KB

The hot hatch will be the all new Fiesta. Both the sedan and the hatch will be launched here apparently. The hatch will take on the i20/Jazz if it launches. Check out the other thread for the spy pics of the hatch currently testing here.
Old 17th March 2010, 01:38   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Mustang is talking about the Focus sedan that is currently on sale in the US. I have seen it in person and it's a beauty. Expect it to be priced in the Corolla segment. It will have a juicy 2.0L Duratec that makes 140 PS of power and 190 NM of torque.
The Focus sedan that will be making its way to India is fantastic new 2011 model.Engine options include a direct-injection 1.6L "Eco Boost" petrol with 180bhp on tap (expect that to be detuned for Indian conditions if it gets here at all) and US only 2.0L petrol.
Ford India's future line up-fordfocussedanusedcarvalues588x441.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
That MPV could be the S-Max, Will probably get to know in a few months

Other consideration is the Kuga or any mini MPV/SUV based on the Kuga or S-Max & designed specifically for India.
I had mentioned in another thread that it might very well be the Kuga.S-Max sounds good too.Expect a complete revamp of the Ford India line-up .
Old 18th March 2010, 10:18   #65
Senior - BHPian

There was an interview with Michael Boneham in today's TOI. He says the new Fiesta sedan will be launched in Q1 2011 and the Fiesta hatch by the end of 2011. No mention of Focus or S-Max or Kuga.

AyAn: Nice pic, but I think I like my Focus better than yours.
Old 18th March 2010, 10:49   #66
BANNED

Quote:
There was an interview with Michael Boneham in today's TOI. He says the new Fiesta sedan will be launched in Q1 2011 and the Fiesta hatch by the end of 2011. No mention of Focus or S-Max or Kuga.

Yes you are absolutely correct & you beat me to this post, Also the focus is launching in 2012
Old 18th March 2010, 12:04   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Yes you are absolutely correct & you beat me to this post, Also the focus is launching in 2012
Any news on Endy upgrade / replacement?
Old 18th March 2010, 12:32   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Gilead,the new 2011 Focus is a looker! Looks really mean and aggressive with Ford's signature Kinetic design philosophy! Google for a few high-res pics and you'll know what I mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
The face-lifted Endy has just hit the market,so no news yet.Except the top of the line 3.0L is expected to come with the 5 Speed manual tranny.

Last edited by AyAn! : 18th March 2010 at 12:37.
Old 18th March 2010, 12:45   #69
BANNED

Quote:
not before another 3 years.
Old 18th March 2010, 14:34   #70
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Gilead,the new 2011 Focus is a looker! Looks really mean and aggressive with Ford's signature Kinetic design philosophy! Google for a few high-res pics and you'll know what I mean
Yeah you are right, we will get the 2011 Focus and not the US one. I have never seen one in the flesh and I hope it looks good. Will go hunt for some pics. I highly doubt if they would offer the Eco Boost option here.

Last edited by Gilead : 18th March 2010 at 14:35.
Old 18th March 2010, 15:01   #71
BHPian

@Mustang.101: I just loved Jeremy Clarkson's Fiesta hatch review on You Tube.

My fetish for German cars is veering off and I am looking forward to Fiesta hatch, when I replace my Santro. Long way to go but you know, hoping time flies or launch is advanced
Old 18th March 2010, 16:55   #72
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
@Mustang.101: I just loved Jeremy Clarkson's Fiesta hatch review on You Tube.

My fetish for German cars is veering off and I am looking forward to Fiesta hatch, when I replace my Santro. Long way to go but you know, hoping time flies or launch is advanced

Wait patiently, It will come out for sure (anytime after 2011). btw i did manage to see the interiors for this car (european ones) & they are like nothing on any of the ford cars here in India. We will be getting the same interiors here in India with very slight changes. <--- sweet
Old 18th March 2010, 17:10   #73
BANNED

@diffsoft, Heres another awesome video for you.

Old 19th March 2010, 10:54   #74
BHPian

Quote:
not before another 3 years.
Well in that case, I am ready to wait. Meanwhile My Chevy Magnum can satiate my appetite for next 3 years. While the world is going gaga over New Toyota Fortuner, I am quite disappointed with it. Another choice is the Chevy Captiva, but I quite didnt like its road manners. The only hope now I have are with New Gen Safari, Pajero and Endy, of course in reverse order. And Endy being my fav so far, will be preferred.
Old 19th March 2010, 16:22   #75
BANNED

Quote:
Well in that case, I am ready to wait. Meanwhile My Chevy Magnum can satiate my appetite for next 3 years. While the world is going gaga over New Toyota Fortuner,
I dont know why toyota does not use common sense:

When you are buying a car that is as big as truck on our streets, then i bet you should also offer an autobox with it.

So for individuals i guess an autobox is absolutely necessary when you are buying a car like the endeavor/fortuner.

Unless ofcourse if you have a driver & are willing to drain the life out of him

wait three years & the next SUV from ford will have a powershift autobox which is a dry clutch based dual clutch transmission.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed