Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2009, 12:06   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus43 View Post
So you are Ford Representative I beileve?
As Ford has their Factory in Chennai.
I do not have any direct relationship with Ford. Keyword here is "direct"
Old 29th August 2009, 12:38   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

This looks pretty good to be honest. 1 new model a year it seems.
I have a feeling once the new fiesta is out, Ford will launch the Fiesta with smaller engines at a lower price again.
Their line up is nice, though not good.
the hatch and new fiesta sedan which will be out in 2 years seems like a good bet to do well for ford.
The only thing missing is the new Focus, but even if that were to come, it would come in the Civics price range, as was planned from day one.

Wish Ford all the best!
Old 29th August 2009, 12:44   #18
Senior - BHPian

well good to hear Ford's future plans for our market, but as to say
Endy with new facelift is just about to get launch within this year itself.
Ford would comeup with a affordable hatchback to compete this segment where ford lacks a model to give,
Good luck for its future.
Old 29th August 2009, 13:00   #19
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
The only thing missing is the new Focus, but even if that were to come, it would come in the Civics price range, as was planned from day one.

Wish Ford all the best!
This is one of the dullest segments at the moment. might come later if things improve
Old 29th August 2009, 15:03   #20
oss
BHPian

Focus with 1.8 or 2.0l TDCi engine will give Laura a run for its money. Wish they bring it fast.

May be they should bring the Kuga along to give competition to Yeti

Last edited by oss : 29th August 2009 at 15:14.
Old 29th August 2009, 15:59   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys,
I heard from someone, that Ford is planning on launching the new Mondeo here. Is this true?
My father drove one in Germany recently and LOVED IT!
Old 29th August 2009, 16:07   #22
Senior - BHPian

Ford Sux !!!

Ford's cars are good but they utterly lack proper customer support and service. Take it from me, i've already suffered enough purchasing the Ford Endeavour. As long as they do something about their Service they're not gonna reach their future sales targets. Ford for me again ??? No thanks !!!
Old 29th August 2009, 18:15   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Ford's cars are good but they utterly lack proper customer support and service. Take it from me, i've already suffered enough purchasing the Ford Endeavour. As long as they do something about their Service they're not gonna reach their future sales targets. Ford for me again ??? No thanks !!!

Ford in Chennai is pretty good. We have not had any bad experiences with Ford Service. Ford had the image of spares being costly, but I guess Ford is consistently working on reducing spares prices atleast for the Ikons and Fiestas, not sure of Endy.
Old 29th August 2009, 21:53   #24
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanjohn123 View Post
Clutch burn out at 37K is very unusual. Is it self driven or with a driven. I know people who have clocked high miles on their Endy's without any major issues. In fact it is rated as one of the most dependable in it's class.

I sincerely hope Ford makes the effort to put coil springs in the rear for the next version. To me, this is the biggest draw back of the Ford Endy.
Old 30th August 2009, 18:32   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Err, wasnt it 37,000km in a span of 6 months? Could be the reason.
Old 23rd September 2009, 23:13   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Looking at the original post, here is what I feel will happen, and should happen:
- Feb-March 2010: The new fiesta hatch: Absolutely gorgeous
- 2011: New Fiesta Sedan, current fiesta will start selling for 6L onwards, Ikon should be discontinued
- 2012: New Endeavour
- 2013: All new Fiesta

Now only if Ford could bring in the Mondeo, Mustang, and the Focus.
These 3 vehicles will go a long way in improving Ford's image in India. Especially the Mustang!

Last edited by lamborghini : 23rd September 2009 at 23:14.
Old 24th September 2009, 09:28   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Looking at the original post, here is what I feel will happen, and should happen:
- Feb-March 2010: The new fiesta hatch: Absolutely gorgeous
- 2011: New Fiesta Sedan, current fiesta will start selling for 6L onwards, Ikon should be discontinued
- 2012: New Endeavour
- 2013: All new Fiesta

Now only if Ford could bring in the Mondeo, Mustang, and the Focus.
These 3 vehicles will go a long way in improving Ford's image in India. Especially the Mustang!
I think thats pretty much their lineup. I had a chat with Ford sales guy yesterday about the possibilites of 1.6 Tdci engine for Fiesta since the 1.4Tdci will now be used in Figo, Ikon and Fiesta. He said hes not heard such plans atleast and he would have got info if Ford was planning such things.

But he said Ford is currently testing a new sedan for the Altis-Civic segment i.e 10 - 13L price range and expected launch is 2011 and this car will come up with higher specs Diesel engine (thats obvious). Thats all he had to say.
Old 24th September 2009, 09:43   #28
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford and Toyota both currently employ a similar pattern as far as stretching Product ID across models and introduction of models is concerned.

Yep all companies have a unique style that they try to carry across to cars across the segments, but Ford and Toyota manage to do it the best in the mid segment mass market car. (Not talking about the germans - Merc, BMW, Audi etc.)

Honda does do it to some extent among current cars, but it completely changes the standard look itself for it's entire family every 5 years, only the engines seem to be common in each itteration of their cars, (Accord, City and Civic being examples that we can site.)

I guess we could conclude for India that the

Ford small car would be out by Mar 2010
Fiesta face lift buy mid 2010/11
New Endy by 2012
Icon may leave us by 2011 by when they may get in another car to fit that segment (it seems rather hard, and by 2011 the Basic old Fiesta (current / facelifted model) itself may seem like the best Icon replacement.

Cars overall grow bigger (read as give more) with time so a pure Icon replacement may actually only be a fiesta hatch at about 4.75-6L in base trim. (That would be a wow car and should head our way before end of 2010.
Old 24th September 2009, 22:08   #29
oss
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
I think thats pretty much their lineup. I had a chat with Ford sales guy yesterday about the possibilites of 1.6 Tdci engine for Fiesta since the 1.4Tdci will now be used in Figo, Ikon and Fiesta. He said hes not heard such plans atleast and he would have got info if Ford was planning such things.
I too heard the same when i was checking with few individual in Ford Marketing team. The funniest part is they don't even seem to have it in their zone of consideration. Looks like only us in team-bhp are hoping for this to happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
But he said Ford is currently testing a new sedan for the Altis-Civic segment i.e 10 - 13L price range and expected launch is 2011 and this car will come up with higher specs Diesel engine (thats obvious). Thats all he had to say.
Boy, that would be a great thing to happen. Its the Focus that fits this segment. Come on Ford. Bring the Focus with 1.8/2.0 TDCi engine.

If this really happens in the next 2 yrs or so, i will be confused big time on my next upgrade between Yeti & Focus. I know, i know, too early to talk about an upgrade, when i have just got my Fiesta
Old 24th September 2009, 23:21   #30
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
I too heard the same when i was checking with few individual in Ford Marketing team. The funniest part is they don't even seem to have it in their zone of consideration. Looks like only us in team-bhp are hoping for this to happen.

Boy, that would be a great thing to happen. Its the Focus that fits this segment. Come on Ford. Bring the Focus with 1.8/2.0 TDCi engine.

If this really happens in the next 2 yrs or so, i will be confused big time on my next upgrade between Yeti & Focus. I know, i know, too early to talk about an upgrade, when i have just got my Fiesta
Ford will bring the current European model Fiesta in sedan avatar (the same they are selling in China now) in 2011 and will be positioned above the current Fiesta sedan so between 9 lakh to 12 lakh rupees.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks