Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th September 2009, 00:26   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chennai-indian View Post
Ford will bring the current European model Fiesta in sedan avatar (the same they are selling in China now) in 2011 and will be positioned above the current Fiesta sedan so between 9 lakh to 12 lakh rupees.
A fiesta will never sell for that much. Perhaps, the Focus!
Old 25th September 2009, 00:46   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

@nitrous: The new fiesta will definitely sell for that much. It is much bigger and advanced than the ANHC, Verna, etc., and with a powerful Diesel, there is no doubt it will sell.
Old 25th September 2009, 13:19   #33
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
Now only if Ford could bring in the Mondeo, Mustang, and the Focus.
These 3 vehicles will go a long way in improving Ford's image in India. Especially the Mustang!
For the purpose of image, yes, the Mustang would do wonders. I'd say Ford include these in its future lineup:

1. A UV (people carrier). Ford so obviously has competence in making "work trucks". In addition to the Figo, this is one that could bring them additional volumes. If managed well, it doesn't affect the image either (Just ask Toyota).

2. Improve the dealer network (in terms of quality consistency) and increased visibility.
Old 25th September 2009, 13:45   #34
BHPian

I saw 4 red identical Ford Fiesta TDCIs being tested yesterday around 9:30 AM on my way to Hinjewadi in Pune. They were driven sedately and I guess they had 1.6 TDCI engines. Why else would they test TDCIs?

They did not have much camouflage, which means that a launch is on the cards pretty soon.

Pradeep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivn View Post
I think thats pretty much their lineup. I had a chat with Ford sales guy yesterday about the possibilites of 1.6 Tdci engine for Fiesta since the 1.4Tdci will now be used in Figo, Ikon and Fiesta. He said hes not heard such plans atleast and he would have got info if Ford was planning such things.

Last edited by pradkumar : 25th September 2009 at 13:50.
Old 25th September 2009, 18:09   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by oss View Post
Focus with 1.8 or 2.0l TDCi engine will give Laura a run for its money. Wish they bring it fast.
Absolutely true! Focus with the right engines and variant can be the car to own in this segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
1. A UV (people carrier). Ford so obviously has competence in making "work trucks". In addition to the Figo, this is one that could bring them additional volumes. If managed well, it doesn't affect the image either (Just ask Toyota).
True again. A UV to rival Innova. The luxury segment (including travel) will surely go for a Ford as the vehicle will be tough as well as luxurious.
Old 26th September 2009, 14:31   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ford will bring the current European model Fiesta in sedan avatar (the same they are selling in China now) in 2011 and will be positioned above the current Fiesta sedan so between 9 lakh to 12 lakh rupees.
The Euro Fiesta hatch is quite the looker. But the rear of the chinese fiesta sedan looks horrendous. No way it will find takers for 9-12 lakhs and a 2011 launch is leaving it too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Absolutely. Baffling that Ford has chosen not to bring the Focus. It would have been the natural upgrade for Fiesta owners, one that can slot into the 11-13 lakh range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
For the purpose of image, yes, the Mustang would do wonders. I'd say Ford include these in its future lineup:

2. Improve the dealer network (in terms of quality consistency) and increased visibility.
3. Consider bringing in select Mazda models.

No reason why Ford and Mazda cannot co-exist in the Indian market. Look at VW and Skoda. The potential synergies are vast. Mazda has an exciting range of cars and given our affinity for anything Japanese, Mazda should have hit our shores ages ago.
Old 26th September 2009, 15:50   #37
BHPian

Now that they have a small car (which is looking pretty good), they have a dated IKon (which they can do away with), Fiesta is doing well, Endevour is doing well too in its class, what they need is a people mover like an Escape or a Terretory. Focus and Mondeo can complete the product lineup. This way they would have a car positioned in all categories and this is what will show their commitment towards India. If Honda and Toyota can do it, why cant Ford?

Last edited by ranc : 26th September 2009 at 15:58.
Old 26th September 2009, 20:01   #38
oss
BHPian

Quote:
That will be asking too much of the Fiesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Second that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamborghini View Post
@nitrous: The new fiesta will definitely sell for that much. It is much bigger and advanced than the ANHC, Verna, etc., and with a powerful Diesel, there is no doubt it will sell.
But it may not be as spaceous as the cars selling in the 11-13 lakh segment. It is based on the same platform as the current Fiesta and the interior space cannot be much bigger than the current one.
Old 28th September 2009, 12:31   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Few updates from Ford Sales Person

1. Figo will be launched/delivered in Jan-09. Not March-10
2. Figo will come with 1.2 Petrol engine for sure. The diesel powerplant will definetly be a reduced capacity version of the current 1.4 Duratorq Diesel.
3. Between Jun-10 and Dec-10
* Fiesta will get 1.6 Diesel
* 1.4 Diesel will do duty ONLY in the Ikon

So are we going to have the same engine in 3 different capacities? His answer was yes!

Scoop Kings - Pls confirm

P.S: I have deferred my decision to get the Fiesta until Figo launch.
Old 28th September 2009, 12:53   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiku007 View Post
You mean Jan-10?
Old 28th September 2009, 13:20   #41
BHPian

Quote:
2. Figo will come with 1.2 Petrol engine for sure. The diesel powerplant will definetly be a reduced capacity version of the current 1.4 Duratorq Diesel.
3. Between Jun-10 and Dec-10
* Fiesta will get 1.6 Diesel
* 1.4 Diesel will do duty ONLY in the Ikon

So are we going to have the same engine in 3 different capacities? His answer was yes!

Scoop Kings - Pls confirm

P.S: I have deferred my decision to get the Fiesta until Figo launch.
1. No, it will be launched/delivered late Feb/March 2010. Jan is not possible
2. Figo will come with 1.2 petrol and 1.4 diesel which is the same in Fiesta
3. Cannot confirm about 1.6. Will update once I get more info.
Old 28th September 2009, 13:49   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. Figo will come with 1.2 Petrol engine for sure.
The European Ford Ka has a 1242 cc petrol engine. With a bit of work, this engine should find its way into the Figo.

Quote:
diesel powerplant will definetly be a reduced capacity version of the current 1.4 Duratorq Diesel.
Unlikely. Maybe in a different state of tune but certainly not reduced cubic capacity.
Old 28th September 2009, 23:10   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why would they reduce the diesel engine to less than 1.4? They just need to be below 1.5 to be excise compliant. Besides, the current 1.4 diesel is a beauty. I hope the same one is launched in the Figo.
Old 29th September 2009, 08:28   #44
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
1. No, it will be launched/delivered late Feb/March 2010. Jan is not possible
2. Figo will come with 1.2 petrol and 1.4 diesel which is the same in Fiesta
3. Cannot confirm about 1.6. Will update once I get more info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Why would they reduce the diesel engine to less than 1.4? They just need to be below 1.5 to be excise compliant. Besides, the current 1.4 diesel is a beauty. I hope the same one is launched in the Figo.
I sincerely hope too. But the sales person said that the small car doesn't need so much power. I was like Someone pls define "so much power". Am driving my friend's Fiesta 1.4 Diesel for a while and can definetly say that if the figo weighs nearly this much and is given a lesser capacity engine then it will be sluggish

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun1100 View Post
You mean Jan-10?
Typo, Apologies!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaserQ View Post
The European Ford Ka has a 1242 cc petrol engine. With a bit of work, this engine should find its way into the Figo.

Unlikely. Maybe in a different state of tune but certainly not reduced cubic capacity.
I read in Autocar India that the 1.2 Petrol will be the reduced capacity version of the 1.6 Duratec (Sigma) engine.

I wish they can offer the 1.4 Duratec Petrol engine as well(discontinued in the Fiesta).
Old 1st December 2009, 14:53   #45
BHPian

Some pics of the 2011 Fiesta sedan... Hope this comes here.

2011 Ford Fiesta Sedan — Autoblog
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks