Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2011, 21:47   #106
BHPian

Re: Ford India's future line up

@Mustang.101- Will the current European Mondeo be launched in India or are they waiting for its successor to come out? considering that the Mondeo is already a couple of years old? Launching a model that has been phased out in the other markets would not be a proper thing to do considering their new "One Ford" strategy right?
Old 24th April 2011, 22:41   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
@Mustang.101- Will the current European Mondeo be launched in India or are they waiting for its successor to come out? considering that the Mondeo is already a couple of years old? Launching a model that has been phased out in the other markets would not be a proper thing to do considering their new "One Ford" strategy right?
Take my word dont think I would assume that Mondeo would come into India at all.
Consider this, Ford will only make sure they introduce those that they consider to be a global platform. Mondeo was introduced in India before but that doesnt make it a global platform.
Old 25th April 2011, 09:01   #108
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
So far there are no plans to bring the mondeo and even if the mondeo does come, it will when its new generation will be launched worldwide.
Mustang.101 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2011, 15:12   #109
Senior - BHPian

@Mustang, so the Ford Kuga plan is still ON or is it going to be the SUV based on the New Fiesta platform which was spotted by Worldcarfans here!

Ford testing Fiesta based India bound SUV
Old 25th April 2011, 15:17   #110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
@Mustang, so the Ford Kuga plan is still ON or is it going to be the SUV based on the New Fiesta platform which was spotted by Worldcarfans here!

This looks like the new ecosport that will be released in Brazil. i do not think it will make it to India. Right now i can only confirm the focus but we may see a bigger sedan and a SUV and a mini-SUV after the focus in the upcoming years but nothing except for the focus will be released next year.
Old 25th April 2011, 15:18   #111
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Ahh!! Some interesting news at last!! If this is true then could this be the EcoSport or another bigger cousin of the poor old Fusion OR what else can it be?

Im rubbing my hands in keen anticipation!!

Quote:

Old 25th April 2011, 16:09   #112
BHPian

@Mustang: Please dont tell me that the fiesta hatch is not coming to India within next year. Pleasseeeeeeee.
Old 25th April 2011, 17:21   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithvibelli View Post
@Mustang: Please dont tell me that the fiesta hatch is not coming to India within next year. Pleasseeeeeeee.
I think he has already told that the Fiesta hatch is only under consideration and might not make it to India as the Hatch is actually more expensive than the sedan in countries where both the hatch and the sedan are currently being sold side by side
Old 18th May 2011, 07:17   #114
Team-BHP Support

Engine capacity expansion at Ford. News in today's Hindu.

The Hindu : Business / Companies : Ford to expand engine plant capacity investing $72 m
Old 26th June 2011, 14:32   #115
Distinguished - BHPian

A top Ford India official during the media preview of the Fiesta told that it will be “mostly hatchbacks in those 8 different products” by mid-decade in India.

We’re certainly going to see one hatchback above the Figo and one right below it. Another top Ford official who spoke at the launch of the Fiesta Classic in early April said they are aware that the best selling cars in India have been around for a very long time and the Indian market is forgiving to them even though they are outdated. Proven history is what drives sales well beyond the product’s actual lifecycle.

He refused to speak any further on the sub-Figo car but said upcoming products will be global products.

Could this be Ford's sub-Figo entrant in India in the next few years?

Quote:
The KA is the only car we can find in the global Ford portfolio that is smaller than the Fiesta.

The 2012 KA for Brazil has been refreshed making it seem like a mini Figo. The front-end is very close to the Figo’s and interior bits such as the gear level, audio system, AC vents and hand brake are lifted from the Figo parts bin. It comes with 1.0- and 1.6-liter engines. If produced in India, the 1.0 3-cyl EcoBoost with fuel economy easily surpassing 20kpl, will be the ideal choice of powertrain.
SOURCE - IAB
Attached Thumbnails
Ford India's future line up-2012fordkafront.jpg  

Ford India's future line up-2012fordkarear.jpg  

Ford India's future line up-2012fordkadashboard.jpg  

Old 27th June 2011, 00:37   #116
BHPian

Coming back to the thread that I had started. Unfortunately, I'm no more in touch with guys at Ford. The Ford Ka in the previous post looks like a baby FIGO. I liked the earlier version of Ka - used to drive it when I was in Argentina and loved it.

One unrelated news that I can confirm is that Ford is in advanced stages of setting up a new plant in Gujarat - guess they are fed up with the power and political situation in Tamilnadu. What the politicos (especially DMK - not sure of Amma though !!) do not realize is the potential loss of thousands of jobs.

Last edited by chennai-indian : 27th June 2011 at 00:38.
Old 30th June 2011, 10:48   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford India to focus on cars based on diesel platforms

With petrol prices spiralling upward, Ford India will largely focus on diesel-run cars for future launches. "Petrol prices are becoming high and this has swung the proportion of cars sold in favour of diesel models," Ford India executive director Nigel Wark told reporters in reply to a question in Kolkata on Wednesday.

Wark said Ford India had lined up eight product launches by the middle of the decade.

"The upcoming products will be mainly on the diesel platform. This has created a lot of stress to manufacture diesel cars," he said.

Clocking a sales figure of 83,000 units in 2010, the company has already crossed sales of 58,000 units so far.

"This year we will be touching the one lakh-mark," he said.

Wark said Ford India was aiming to expand at a faster pace than the industry, which was growing at 17%.

Ford's new small car was contributing to the company's sales in a major way.

The company is exporting the Figo to 50 countries, he said.

SOURCE - HT (Ford India to focus on cars based on diesel platforms - Hindustan Times)
Old 30th June 2011, 13:12   #118
BHPian

Being a ford owner I would also suggest to rationalize the parts price. A set of Fusion Wiper (Front and Back) would cost 1200/- while in the market (Bosch) can be fixed with approx 400/-. If they priced the same for a Figo owner then its just a murder for them. FIGO and Fusion share the same parts. Some how i feel that same parts are sold in diff price with the diff car tag.
Old 30th June 2011, 13:27   #119
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Thats an SUV? I cant spot any differences from fiesta hatch except for the raised suspension. Or is the camouflaged car different? The A-pillar looks similar though...
Old 1st August 2011, 17:43   #120
BHPian

Well, the dust really hasnt settled on Fiesta's release yet.
But are there any confirmations on launch of Figo with 1.5L engine as yet?
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks