Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2011, 21:51   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford India's future line up

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
Consider me a strong prospect Ford, if that's the case. And, please price it well.

Cheers,
Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Yes it will be a welcome addition, although the pricing could take it over the roof. I can't see the petrol AT priced below 10L, and the diesel AT (if it comes) any less than 11L, which will be a staggering price to pay.
Yes, pricing could be a very tricky part here. The ex-Delhi figures for the petrol is at 8.23L for the base variant. So adding an additional 80k to 1L for the auto transmission, will take the pricing to about 9-9.2L ex showroom. SO about 10.5L on-road. Hopefully even the base variant would be launched with this stunning AT, unlike the usual industry practice of offering only the top end with AT
Old 4th November 2011, 22:02   #182
Distinguished - BHPian

Spy pics of the new Fiesta AT from a dealer's stockyard, courtesy IAB -

Ford India's future line up-fordfiestaat3.jpg

Ford India's future line up-fordfiestaat1.jpg

Ford India's future line up-fordfiestaat2.jpg

The new Fiesta AT is expected to be launched next week.

Ford Fiesta Automatic Transmission model spotted
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th November 2011, 23:04   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Spy pics of the new Fiesta AT from a dealer's stockyard, courtesy IAB -

That is great news indeed! I am sure there will be quite a few takers for the Fiesta automatic. Ford is taking the right step, now only if they don't goof up with he pricing again. Their pricing has been all over the place - from really good (figo) to absurd (almost all others!)
Old 4th November 2011, 23:42   #184
BHPian

A welcome addition. Is it a petrol and a diesel At a la Verna ?
The fiesta classic seemed to be doing much better than this. Hope an automatic revives its sales.
Old 5th November 2011, 01:37   #185
Team-BHP Support

Is there a Diesel AT as well?
Or Its just the petrol version?
Old 5th November 2011, 07:41   #186
BHPian

Hmmmm...the pricing is already on the high side...wonder how they're going to position this automatic???
Old 5th November 2011, 08:38   #187
BHPian

Quote:

Hmm... shouldn't the P-R-N-D-L display on the gearshift be on the right hand side, i.e.: on the driver side?

Usually its the headlamp/indicator stalk on the left (wrong) side of the wheel and the wiper stalk on the right (wrong) side like some European and American manufacturers (including Ford) like to do, but I think this is the first time I've seen the PRNDL display also on the wrong side.
Pacifica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 08:59   #188
Senior - BHPian

Guys, the Fiesta will come with the AT only in the petrol version it seems - Got to know from a friendly salesman from the nearby dealership. And I am confused to see that the article in IAB has mentioned Vento AT & Verna AT among competitors and not the ANHC AT! Paddle shift might be the ANHC's biggest USP now, as none of its competitors seem to possess it now.

Last edited by aravind.anand : 5th November 2011 at 09:01. Reason: Forgot to add source of info.
Old 5th November 2011, 10:31   #189
Senior - BHPian

And the 4 speed auto mentioned on the article is wrong. The Fiesta will indeed come with the 6 Speed Dual Clutch Transmission will be offered with the 1.5 Ti-VCT petrol engine according to ACI editor Hormazd's tweet. So this will be the only DSG on this side of the Laura then
Old 5th November 2011, 10:44   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacifica View Post
Hmm... shouldn't the P-R-N-D-L display on the gearshift be on the right hand side, i.e.: on the driver side?

Usually its the headlamp/indicator stalk on the left (wrong) side of the wheel and the wiper stalk on the right (wrong) side like some European and American manufacturers (including Ford) like to do, but I think this is the first time I've seen the PRNDL display also on the wrong side.
Good observation. Ford is known not to take much trouble when they adopt a left hand drive car to right hand drive market.
Old 5th November 2011, 11:57   #191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand
Guys, the Fiesta will come with the AT only in the petrol version it seems - Got to know from a friendly salesman from the nearby dealership. And I am confused to see that the article in IAB has mentioned Vento AT & Verna AT among competitors and not the ANHC AT! Paddle shift might be the ANHC's biggest USP now, as none of its competitors seem to possess it now.
Another market dud. Given the way petrol prices are going up, who would opt for a petrol AT. Ford had a chance to finally do something to move Fiesta by offering Diesel AT, but I guess they have squandered that as well.
Old 5th November 2011, 21:32   #192
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
And the 4 speed auto mentioned on the article is wrong. The Fiesta will indeed come with the 6 Speed Dual Clutch Transmission will be offered with the 1.5 Ti-VCT petrol engine according to ACI editor Hormazd's tweet. So this will be the only DSG on this side of the Laura then
Good move by Ford if it’s a 6-speed DSG. Hope they have addressed some of the quality issues as well. In the pics shared by Raven, the seat looks like leather. Any news on interior updates ?
Old 6th November 2011, 10:44   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Good move by Ford if it’s a 6-speed DSG. Hope they have addressed some of the quality issues as well. In the pics shared by Raven, the seat looks like leather. Any news on interior updates ?
Yes, the only changes in the interiors would be to the gear-lever and the leather seats I heard. Also the salesman said that there would be a new colour on offer as well. Mostly wine red he said. But he din't mention anything about the interior quality improvement
aravind.anand is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2011, 10:50   #194
Team-BHP Support

A DSG box but no sports mode? No tip tronic? No paddle shifts?

Man that's really sad. A DSG box that you can't over ride at all except for kickdown.
Old 6th November 2011, 12:40   #195
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
A DSG box but no sports mode? No tip tronic? No paddle shifts?

Man that's really sad. A DSG box that you can't over ride at all except for kickdown.
Checked the International sites as well and even there the dual clutch automatic doesn't have paddle sifters or triptronic.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed