Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 12:05   #31
BHPian

I agree. But any increase in bhp/torque is welcome and I wonder if there will be any changes in the interiors/exteriors....
I'm just trying to collect info if any members have 1st hand details about the changes. Price wise it's supposed to be 15-20 grands more expensive, I'm told.
I'll be purchasing it in full cash payment if i can sell off my Baleno within this month.
Apart from the engine If there are some improvements in the looks/ utility dept. then I guess 20 grands extra should be worth it.
Old 8th April 2010, 17:23   #32
BHPian

Saw the vehicle. No changes in interior.
Intercooler gets added to comply with BSIV and it is shown thru Intercooler badges on fenders (below the D-4D) and a BSIV label on the back below the glass.

No change in features, spec, power or torque.
Hmm.

Last edited by karpusv : 8th April 2010 at 17:24. Reason: Missed line
Old 9th April 2010, 17:05   #33
BHPian

Any update on Innova with intercooler launch

Many websites claim that new Innova with Intercooler is due to launch in April'10. They also claim that BHP has increased from 102 to 109 BHP. Any updated/ images of new innova from TBhpians please.
Old 15th April 2010, 15:51   #34
BHPian

Innova BS-IV rates in Delhi

Got this rate list from one of the Toyota Dealer in Delhi. As per the sales guy, they neither have the detailed specification nor any test vehicle at present but expecting vehicle would be available in 1-2 week time.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Innova Price List- Delhi.pdf (260.1 KB, 484 views)
Old 16th April 2010, 23:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

There are rumors about the intercooler, however, it would be fitted somewhere below, unlike the SUVs with a bonnet scoop. So I guess this would be an intercooler for namesake.

Moreover, considering the minor price hike (considering the way the car is priced), this should be an intercooler for namesake.

The major change, if at all would be done at the catalytic converter.

If Toyota were to add an intercooler with the BSIV catalytic converter, then they should have hiked by more than a 100K INR!

regards,

Nitin.

Last edited by nitinbose : 16th April 2010 at 23:01.
Old 17th April 2010, 19:03   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karpusv View Post
Saw the vehicle. No changes in interior.
Intercooler gets added to comply with BSIV and it is shown thru Intercooler badges on fenders (below the D-4D) and a BSIV label on the back below the glass.

No change in features, spec, power or torque.
Hmm.
I opened the bonnet and saw one today. There is no confirmation on power or torque though the guess is that it may be higher. The inter cooler is placed in front of the radiater, the turbocharger and exhaust system has seen some redesign to accomodate the intercooler piping and there are some other changes as well. Tried browsing through the manual but found no mention of engine power.
Old 17th April 2010, 19:08   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puffdamgcdragon View Post
I agree. But any increase in bhp/torque is welcome and I wonder if there will be any changes in the interiors/exteriors....
I'm just trying to collect info if any members have 1st hand details about the changes. Price wise it's supposed to be 15-20 grands more expensive, I'm told.
I'll be purchasing it in full cash payment if i can sell off my Baleno within this month.
Apart from the engine If there are some improvements in the looks/ utility dept. then I guess 20 grands extra should be worth it.
If I were you, I would purchase the BSIV version. will always enjoy a higher resale because of the wider market that it will enjoy. the 20k differential is not substantial
Old 17th April 2010, 19:29   #38
BHPian

Look at this from the angle of fuelling as well. Will BS IV fuel will be easily available when you need in and around your town? Otherwise go for BS III instead

narayanang76
Old 17th April 2010, 20:05   #39
BANNED

Hi

Go for the BS4 ,it will fetch you better resale value after 4-5 years
Old 18th April 2010, 01:49   #40
Senior - BHPian

The intercooler is in front of the radiator. I saw it and seemed like something that would really cool the air and not a namesake job. There is reasonable redesign of the turbocharger location, associated exhaust and air induction plumbing as well.

No numbers around power o/p but seems it should improve a bit.
Old 18th April 2010, 11:16   #41
BHPian

Yeah, go for BS4 only if you want a better resale value. 7 BHP for 20k is just not worth it. Rather, I would pete the car for the same price and get a better BHP gain.
Old 18th April 2010, 12:40   #42
Senior - BHPian

Hi All,

The way I see it, the hike for the innova is about 50K from March - BSIII model and the BSIV model. Even the BSIII has a turbo charger but no intercooler.

The question to ask is, whether the intercooler is going to bring in huge benefits. Resale value wont matter much as no buyer would look as to whether the vehicle is BSIII/IV, though, yes, the seller may put it as a point. It wont make the car go any faster or more fuel economic - which are the main points which second hand buyers look for.

How is this intercooler different from the other vehicles with intercoolers (which were there by original design)?

Furthermore, do we have "real" BSIV fuel? Would fuelling BSIII fuel on a BSIV do some damage consequently? This is what you should be asking yourself and the dealer.

Nitin.
Old 21st April 2010, 23:31   #43
Senior - BHPian

Came across this piece of news.

Source : Innova BSIV now out in market | Autocar India

Aritlce :

Quote:
The Bharat Stage IV emission norms that have become effective from April 1 have forced car manufacturers to come up with greener vehicles, and the latest to join the bandwagon is Toyota’s MPV, the Innova.

Toyota has upgraded the Innova’s engine and it now meets BS IV emission norms. The engine remains mostly the same; however Toyota has added a new intercooler to the already turbocharged common rail 2.5-litre engine. Some minor changes to the catalytic converter and fine tuning the ECU has resulted in a slight increase in performance.

The identification marks on the cleaner and greener model comes in the form of an intercooler badge on the front side panel and a Bharat Stage IV sticker on the rear tail gate. Toyota has hiked the prices of its MPV, and the BS IV Innova D4D VX will be Rs 27,000 dearer than its BS III variant.

EDIT :
Our visit to Toyota dealer in Vadodara was pathetic.
The salesperson told me that I will ruin a car if I run a BS-IV car with BS-II fuel. I asked him what will happen if I drive a BS-IV car to another place where BS-IV fuel is not available ?

He was too confused and knew nothing.

Last edited by aaggoswami : 21st April 2010 at 23:34.
Old 22nd April 2010, 14:53   #44
Senior - BHPian

I'm just off the phone after talking to the folks at Toyota, Bangalore. It seems that the intercooled Innova's power and torque figures remain same. I was a little surprised and asked the folks at Toyota to check again. They did so and confirmed that there is no change in the power and torque output. The only thing that goes up is the price which sees a bump of INR 27,000.

Cheers,

Jay
Old 22nd April 2010, 21:02   #45
BHPian

Yesterday I saw a BSIV innova while I was coming back from office near the St. Johns Hospital. It was a brand new car with temp registration...

Most Viewed