Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2009, 20:48   #16
BHPian

One more customer made to suffer by Skoda. When all the other parts are covered by warranty provided by other manufacturers, How can Skoda dare to say that the Compressor is not covered under warranty?

My opinion you shouldnt have paid the bill when Skoda started disputing about the warranty.

Not sure how many Skoda owners have filed complaint against the company. All I can say is that this is totally unwarranted and cannot continue.

I am afraid about Non Team-bhp members who might suffer at the hands of this company.
Old 31st August 2009, 04:49   #17
BHPian

Guys NUMMER EINS is not a skoda dealer, i dont know why this guy is angry with skoda, if you take your car to a 3rd party garage & the service is bad then u blame the manufacture?? man this is HILARIOUS .

cheer..
Old 31st August 2009, 09:09   #18
BANNED

May be Nummer Eins are still passing themselves off as a Skoda dealership/ A$$. What does the invoice show?
Old 31st August 2009, 09:09   #19
BHPian

I think Nummer Eins took it to a skoda dealer, got it fixed under warranty, and coolly pocketed 32k!
Old 31st August 2009, 09:33   #20
Team-BHP Support

@shekharlele:
I think it would be helpful if you could shed a little more light on Nummer Eins' involvement in this. This entire incident is still not completely clear as a result of which people are either slamming skoda or giving it the complete benefit of doubt. I agree that its not fair to slam skoda if it is blameless in this incident - equally, it need not unnecessarily get the benefit of doubt either if there is indeed some injustice caused to the owner. The sooner this is clarified the better.

@Mods:
If the originator of the thread cannot / does not clarify this further perhaps the thread is best closed (or parked pending such clarification) since it is likely to only get more and more speculative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekharlele View Post
Hi,

Last week, Nummer Eins told him that the A/c compressor had failed and it would need to be replaced.
Old 31st August 2009, 09:42   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Last week, Nummer Eins told him that the A/c compressor had failed and it would need to be replaced. They refused to do it under warranty,
shekhar, are you sure about the dealer? There seems to be some error on your part. can you shed some light on the dealership and their address ?
Old 31st August 2009, 09:46   #22
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Nummer Eins IS NO LONGER A DEALER - BUT IS PART OF THE ROADWORKS chain.

LAURA comes with 2 YEARS WARRANTY - So there is no question of customer being made to pay for AC.

Are you sure about the Dealer name?
Are you sure about the age of the vehicle?
HAVE YOU BEEN SERVICING THE CAR AT REGULAR MENTIONED INTERVALS - There can be no other reason for rejecting a warranty claim.

Have had much bigger warranty claims amounting to Rs. 2.25L approved by Skoda, so why would skoda reject such a small claim?

If both are correctly mentioned this seems to be customer fault.

Something is wrong in the details provided.
Old 31st August 2009, 09:47   #23
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Until the OP can post the details with invoices/bills or pictures, one will find it hard to believe. The debate on this will be equally fruitless until more facts evolve.
Old 31st August 2009, 10:09   #24
BHPian

As suggested by many already, the thread starter should post all relevant details before any conclusion is reached at by the community.

shekharlele : you have mentioned that the problem with the AC has been present for the past 6-8 months. Could you kindly share with us the copies of previous job cards, invoices ?

Also you mention that the reworked bill of 33k has been paid. Could you share with us the copy of that invoice ?

Pictures (of old compressor and new) would of course be more than welcome !!

And what was the response your FIL received after escalating the issue to Skoda ?
Old 31st August 2009, 10:59   #25
BHPian

Where is the Thread starter?
Old 31st August 2009, 12:47   #26
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The ASC guys would fiddle with it and it would conk off in a month again. Last week, Nummer Eins told him that the A/c compressor had failed and it would need to be replaced. They refused to do it under warranty, quoted 45 K for it and then 'settled' for 33 K. My FIL said he does not have the time or inclination to fight too much, although he has taken up the issue with Skoda directly.
Skoda needs to get the hell out of India. Fast.
1. You cannot blame Skoda for what a garage that is not authorised did.
2. We need to encourage manufactureres to come to India not to leave it. If Skoda or any other manufacturer has serivce problems our goal is to convince them to change this. Today we chase Skoda out, tomorrow Honda, then Hyundai. Remember as you eliminate compeition (for Honda, Toyota, Hyundai etc...) you will make the remaining manufacturers more complacent.
Old 31st August 2009, 14:18   #27
BHPian

ok, replying late cause am in hyderabad on business and using a gprs connection. Now, the car was given to nummer eins at andheri east and once they said the warranty is not on, my fil demanded to speak to skoda directly upon which he was given the number of one rajender singh. I myself called up rajender on the number and he claims the number is skoda helpline. He also claims that nummer eins is still the asc for skoda and the compressor is in warranty for just a year. I asked him to confirm in writing and took his email down. His email as given to me is rajender@skoda-india.com. Smelling a rat, got my friend to call this supposed helpline mobile number and he asked if it was roadworx, answer was yes, he then asked to speak to rajender and asked him if this was roadworx, the reply was this is skoda helpline. I am sure nummer eins is still passing off as a skoda asc. By the way, what's this whole fuss about threads being planted? Skoda does'nt need anyone else to ruin their rep, they are damn good at it themselves. Once i am back tomm, will share past one year service record of the car. Pkease guys, this is not a skoda bashing thread. I mean we've already paid the money to nummer einx or roadworx or whoever. By the way, should skodz not communicate a dealer change for folks who may not be informed and rely on drivers to get the car to the dealer
Old 31st August 2009, 15:18   #28
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Now, the car was given to nummer eins at andheri east and once they said the warranty is not on, my fil demanded to speak to skoda directly upon which he was given the number of one rajender singh. I myself called up rajender on the number and he claims the number is skoda helpline. He also claims that nummer eins is still the asc for skoda and the compressor is in warranty for just a year. I asked him to confirm in writing and took his email down. His email as given to me is rajender@skoda-india.com. Smelling a rat, got my friend to call this supposed helpline mobile number and he asked if it was roadworx, answer was yes, he then asked to speak to rajender and asked him if this was roadworx, the reply was this is skoda helpline. I am sure nummer eins is still passing off as a skoda asc.
Your story sounds fair. Looks like they are passing off as Skoda ASC. Or for all you know Skoda is quite capable of re-instating them as ASC. Wouldn't be surprised.

Quote:
Skoda does'nt need anyone else to ruin their rep, they are damn good at it themselves.
How true. The Japanese should learn harakiri from the Czechs.

Quote:
By the way, should skodz not communicate a dealer change for folks who may not be informed and rely on drivers to get the car to the dealer
They did have a notice in the Times of India dated 5th September 2008 where they had suspended the dealership of Nummer Eins.
Old 31st August 2009, 15:50   #29
Team-BHP Support

I have heard that Nummer Eins / Roadworx is run by Imran Hassan who is one of the owners in the firm. He was sacked in a not so pleasurable way by Skoda Auto.
Old 31st August 2009, 16:40   #30
BHPian

[COLOR=black]Finally got access to the laptop! Much easier to type now . First things first, Mods, can you please change the title of the thread to 'Roadworx - Rip off', I feel this is a case of cheating and fraud by Nummer Eins more than Skoda being unfriendly.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=black]This is an elaborate setup by Roadworx and they are still masquerading as Skoda dealers. When I spoke to Skoda Aurangabad, they said they have many such complaints regarding Nummer Eins.[/COLOR]

We have decided to lodge a case of cheating and wilful fraud against Nummer Eins at the MIDC police station (have spoken to the 'right' people). Have also requested Airtel (my cell company) to retrieve call records for that Rajender’s number. The conversation is sure to nail him.

Finally, for the first time on T-BHP today, I felt my intentions being questioned. While I understand any baseless allegation needlessly harms a company’s image (or in Skoda’s case, the lack of one), the manner in which some members have belittled my post is unfair. This is not a case where we have callously gone to a ‘3rd party garage’, Nummer Eins was a Skoda dealer for long. Our driver thought this was an authorized workshop and took the car there. This error could have happened with anyone. What about their moral (and legal) obligation to inform us that they were no longer the Skoda ASC. I mean, this is shameless.

Mods: Can we have some sort of screening (job cards, mails, invoices etc.) for company / dealership complaints so that in true t-BHP spirit, we can be fair to all? I say this because we seem to be very concerned about damaging Skoda’s rep (refer to Gagan Anand’s case – he too was questioned)

Most Viewed