Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2009, 16:57   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is an elaborate setup by Roadworx and they are still masquerading as Skoda dealers. When I spoke to Skoda Aurangabad, they said they have many such complaints regarding Nummer Eins.
There is your answer. It's now clear that Nummer Eins / Roadworx lied that they are Skoda ASC. Not saying that Skoda is off the hook though. What amazes me is this part

Quote:
my fil demanded to speak to skoda directly upon which he was given the number of one rajender singh. I myself called up rajender on the number and he claims the number is skoda helpline. He also claims that nummer eins is still the asc for skoda and the compressor is in warranty for just a year. I asked him to confirm in writing and took his email down. His email as given to me is rajender@skoda-india.com. Smelling a rat, got my friend to call this supposed helpline mobile number and he asked if it was roadworx, answer was yes, he then asked to speak to rajender and asked him if this was roadworx, the reply was this is skoda helpline.
They are conviniently claiming that Roadworx number is Skoda's helpline number?!

Quote:
What about their moral (and legal) obligation to inform us that they were no longer the Skoda ASC.
If they had any morals, they wouldn't have been booted out of almost every dealership that they have taken up. These guys have been dealers of Daewoo, Fiat, Mahindra, Honda Scooters and Yamaha. From what I know, almost all companies cancelled their dealership. In fact, I moved to Canada in 2005 for about 1 1/2 years and when I got back here in 2006, I took my S10 to them. Since I was away from India, I had no idea that their dealership was cancelled. I had a minor alternator problem then but they never told me that they are not Fiat dealers anymore. I smelt a rat because there were barely 3-4 Fiat's in their service area and barely any staff working.
Old 31st August 2009, 17:13   #32
BHPian

Hi Navin,

Yes, we need to encourage manufacturers to come to India, but not with the sole aim of ripping off the consumer, simply because we have lax laws and worse implementation. Poor Harish is still slugging it out. Would Skoda dare act this brazen in western countries? I doubt that very much. Some companies, especially the Japanese take quality quite seriously. I doubt booting a company like Skoda would make them complacent.

We have not given the car only to Nummer Eins regarding this issue, I remember taking the car to a dealer in Nashik (when the ac failed while we were there) - He said it will take a week to diagnose the issue.

That said, I accept that in this particular instance, it would be wrong to blame Skoda completely. But if they are aware that someone is wrongly claiming to be a dealer, can they not use their battery of lawyers who are busy fighting innocent people like Harish, to stop this fraud?
Old 31st August 2009, 17:40   #33
Senior - BHPian

Well, so there we have it. An ex-dealer, unknown to the company, still claims to be an ASC. Can't really blame Skoda for this. God knows how many such immoral idiotic dealers are out there. What Skoda should do, if they haven't done it yet, is to maintain an updated ASC list on their website. Can someone clarify if this web list exists already? If it doesn't, Skoda owners please check and double check that your ASC is indeed an ASC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekharlele View Post
Finally, for the first time on T-BHP today, I felt my intentions being questioned. While I understand any baseless allegation needlessly harms a company’s image (or in Skoda’s case, the lack of one), the manner in which some members have belittled my post is unfair. This is not a case where we have callously gone to a ‘3rd party garage’, Nummer Eins was a Skoda dealer for long. Our driver thought this was an authorized workshop and took the car there.
We're not belittling you man. That is certainly not my intention, nor is it any other member's intention to cast doubt on you. However, this being an internet forum, it is all too easy for fake cases to come up. It has happened before too, with a BMW owner. Thus, we have to check and that is why many asked you to post your story in detail. Think of it as analogous to airport security screening. They do assume we're all terrorists which is why they screen everyone, but I'm sure no one's offended.
Old 31st August 2009, 17:46   #34
BHPian

Hi Mclaren,

'Unknown to the company'...........not correct as per their own admission. They said they have many complaints such as this for Nummer Eins. But, while their lawyers are battling away poor customers, why would they take on someone like Nummer Eins?

Last edited by shekharlele : 31st August 2009 at 17:49.
Old 31st August 2009, 18:08   #35
Senior - BHPian

It looks like these unscrupulous elements are out to ruin Skoda's image even if Skoda itself is making some genuine attempt to get the service aspect sorted out. I wonder why this is happening to Skoda in particular. I have never heard of a local mechanic pretending to be a Maruti or a Tata or a Honda authorized service center!
Old 31st August 2009, 18:17   #36
Senior - BHPian

so maybe we are a bit hasty in condemning Skoda. Why not edit the thread title to Nummer Eins rips off a customer or something like that, since its they who actually ripped off shekhar
Old 31st August 2009, 18:22   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
so maybe we are a bit hasty in condemning Skoda. Why not edit the thread title to Nummer Eins rips off a customer or something like that, since its they who actually ripped off shekhar
I Mods please do the needful. That would be playing fair to Skoda and Nummer Eins!
Old 31st August 2009, 18:43   #38
BHPian

yes please change the tittle, its Nummer Eins thats in fault not skoda..
Old 1st September 2009, 08:39   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Navin,

That said, I accept that in this particular instance, it would be wrong to blame Skoda completely. But if they are aware that someone is wrongly claiming to be a dealer, can they not use their battery of lawyers who are busy fighting innocent people like Harish, to stop this fraud?
Point well taken shekhar. Unless they have some vested interest working there.

Having said that I would blame Skoda completely.
Old 1st September 2009, 09:27   #40
BANNED

Skoda should have kept an eye on Nummer Eins. At least now I expect Skoda to go after Nummer Eins and also release some ads about the subterfuge.
Old 1st September 2009, 09:33   #41
BHPian

This incident is a pitiable reminder what Harish mentioned earlier - Skoda has absolutely no control over its dealers or ex-dealers.

Last edited by diffsoft : 1st September 2009 at 09:34.
Old 1st September 2009, 09:46   #42
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Skoda should have kept an eye on Nummer Eins. At least now I expect Skoda to go after Nummer Eins and also release some ads about the subterfuge.
I think I have seen an advt to that effect earlier, when Nummer Eins as removed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
Good to see the tile edited, but still it seems to bame skoda also, I think that should not be the case here, so the tile should be further edited to mention Nummer Eins Specifically. ALSO THE ROADWORX NAME SHOULD BE TAKEN AS "NUMMER EINS" IS PART OF THAT CHAIN, AND GOES UNDER ITS BANNER.

THERE MUST BE A PENALTY TO NUMMER EINS AND ROADWORX FOR THIS.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:17   #43
Senior - BHPian

Well this is a bit harsh on Skoda. I think the anti-Skoda sentiment on this forum is overruling clear analysis. On this incident, I'd absolve them of all, yes all, blame.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diffsoft View Post
This incident is a pitiable reminder what Harish mentioned earlier - Skoda has absolutely no control over its dealers or ex-dealers.
Skoda is not responsible for the claims of institutions that are not related to it. If an independent service center claims to be an authorised Skoda service center, Skoda has the right to go after them but is not obliged to do so. Skoda should have control over its dealers, but is not responsible for what ex-dealers are up to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Point well taken shekhar. Unless they have some vested interest working there.

Having said that I would blame Skoda completely.
Harish, I understand your sentiment against Skoda but I'm sure you'll agree that if you view this objectively, Skoda is not really at fault. As for them having any vested interest, that is pure speculation and not much else.

Quote:
Hi Mclaren,

'Unknown to the company'...........not correct as per their own admission. They said they have many complaints such as this for Nummer Eins. But, while their lawyers are battling away poor customers, why would they take on someone like Nummer Eins?
Like I said, the knowledge does not oblige them to take action. And the issue of Skoda fighting its own customers is unrelated and irrelevant to this case. It is a seperate incident. At the end of the day,you, the customer has been taken for a ride by a third party. The issue is therefore only between you and the third party, i.e. Nummer Eins/Roadworx.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I think I have seen an advt to that effect earlier, when Nummer Eins was removed.
If true, then this confirms that Skoda has done its duty. What more do you want them to do? I checked their website and they have a list of dealers in each city. Nummer Eins is not there. It is a customer's responsibility to check this stuff before giving their car for repairs.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 1st September 2009 at 12:21.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:32   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Harish, I understand your sentiment against Skoda but I'm sure you'll agree that if you view this objectively, Skoda is not really at fault. As for them having any vested interest, that is pure speculation and not much else.
Trust me, with the information I have, I can convince you to change your point of view. I regret, I cannot do that at this point of time on an open forum.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:47   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harishv View Post
Trust me, with the information I have, I can convince you to change your point of view. I regret, I cannot do that at this point of time on an open forum.
Fair enough. Let's say they do have some inside connections. But Nummer Eins is not on Skoda's website anymore and Skoda have apparently advertised the fact that Nummer Eins was expelled from the ASC network. A customer, therefore, has sufficient information on the matter if he cares to look for it.

If someone still goes to Nummer Eins after that and complains that the parent company hasn't done enough, then what do you want Skoda to do? They have, like I mentioned, no obligation to file a case on Nummer Eins, irrespective of insider connections. At the end of the day, Skoda has done enough so a customer knows what is happening. Sure, they could have done more, but that is not the point. The point is that they have done enough to ensure their customers don't get ripped off. That, for me, absolves them of blame in this incident.

Don't get me wrong on this. I still think Skoda is a rotten company for what they have done in the past. However, this instance, does not warrant any criticism of their actions. It is purely Nummer Eins misinforming and subsequently cheating a Skoda customer.

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 1st September 2009 at 12:48.

Most Viewed