Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2009, 04:48   #61
BHPian

@McLaren Rulez you are right he is a skoda rival even i feel that, you can make out bro, i find this HILARIOUS, the original poster gives the car to roadworx & then is baming skoda, hahaha btw this pic is on skoda's main site-

P.S- i dont work for skoda nor any car company so please dont start bashing me now i m just saying ROADWORX is in fault here but regarding harishs & other cases SKODA screwed up bigtime but overhere they are not in fault..

cheers..
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:01   #62
BHPian

Berj...

Who is a Skoda rival? I have seen your posts where you type stuff like 'hahahaha'.....honestly, this is not funny. You sure would'nt be doing 'hahahaha' if you had lost 33 K.

How many people logon to company websites before giving their cars for service, especially when they have been using a particular dealership earlier? I agree it is more our fault than Skoda (infact, I requested the mods to change the title in my earlier posts). The point is, despite having so many customers being duped by their ex-dealer, what action are they taking? Couple that with the 'lousy' reputation they have created for themselves with their below par service.

Once again, in your zeal to protect Skoda, try not to ridicule other people's situation in your posts please.
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:19   #63
BHPian

Okay people. Now we have had enough debate on who is at fault, Roadworx, Skoda or my dad in law. I understand the order would be Roadworx, Dad and then, may be Skoda. Can you please help on the following issues in terms of how to handle this going forward:

1. They have given us a letter stating that they will refer the compressor to the company and get back to us in 45 days. In my opinion, Skoda is under no obligation to talk to roadworx or give any such report. We believe Roadworx has gone to another dealer, got it repaired in warranty and taken dough from us. In that case, the other dealer would have kept the old compressor and Roadworx will not be able to return it. We have told them we want our compressor back

2. Once the FIR is filed, we will talk to airtel to retrieve phone records (hopefully, they should have voice logs)

3. Get the cops to be on our side by using some 'connections'

Anything else you guys feel we can do?
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:23   #64
BANNED

@Berj79: Yes this is on the Skoda main page. Has it been there for some time? If so then we cannot fault Skoda about this any more. Maybe the mods should also take a look, put a strong statement about Roadworx/Nummer Eins, and close the thread.

Obviously an innocent person got taken to the cleaners by an unscrupulous bunch!
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:25   #65
BHPian

If they dont plan to record it beforehand for investigation purposes I dont think any service provider is going to have any voice logs.
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:26   #66
Senior - BHPian

I think we must find solutions here, and not call each other names. Clearly, Skoda is aware of all the complaints and misrepresentation that is going on, and they have done nothing about it. And to top it all, their own ex-MD runs the outfit that masquerades as a Skoda dealer. Shekhar, you must pursue all remedies against Skoda - but put down everything in writing. Start with writing a formal complaint to both Roadworx and Skoda, along with FIR, and your intention should be to get the cost of the AC reimbursed, after which close the matter and rest in peace.
Old 2nd September 2009, 09:29   #67
BANNED

One thing which may be of interest, if it does not compromise the court case will be a scan of the Nummer Eins invoice/bill. What do they represent themselves as?
Old 2nd September 2009, 10:15   #68
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shekharlele View Post
Mclaren, try and see my point here. Roadworx guys have gone to the extent of mis-representing that they are still Skoda ASC. In fact, when asked if the number was Nummer Eins, the reply was 'Yes'. Would Skoda react the same way if I imported some chinese cars and started selling them as Skoda? No way. Skoda themselves say they have faced many such issues with Roadworx. As a brand they can choose to keep quiet, as a responsible brand, they should not.

Skoda needs to address this ASAP. One ad in TOI warning customers is enough. The fact that they choose to keep quiet, is itself appaling.
Come on - Roadworx is also putting up the Merc, BMW, Audi, VW, Ford, Honda, Toyota, GM logos on their site as if impying that they are authorized by all of these but actually possibly legally meaning that they service cars of all these brands.

Should all the other companies also take action against Roadworx, What about newly started Carnation? One should think about the warranty implications before giving the cars to these guys during the warranty period.

Quote:
Berj...

Who is a Skoda rival? I have seen your posts where you type stuff like 'hahahaha'.....honestly, this is not funny. You sure would'nt be doing 'hahahaha' if you had lost 33 K.

How many people logon to company websites before giving their cars for service, especially when they have been using a particular dealership earlier? I agree it is more our fault than Skoda (infact, I requested the mods to change the title in my earlier posts). The point is, despite having so many customers being duped by their ex-dealer, what action are they taking? Couple that with the 'lousy' reputation they have created for themselves with their below par service.

Once again, in your zeal to protect Skoda, try not to ridicule other people's situation in your posts please.
We all appreciate the loss of 33K - I myself paid 40 K for a Laura AC (with a third party service guy) - after the warranty period had run out. (2.5 years) - But cant blame skoda for that.

Quote:
Okay people. Now we have had enough debate on who is at fault, Roadworx, Skoda or my dad in law. I understand the order would be Roadworx, Dad and then, may be Skoda. Can you please help on the following issues in terms of how to handle this going forward:

1. They have given us a letter stating that they will refer the compressor to the company and get back to us in 45 days. In my opinion, Skoda is under no obligation to talk to roadworx or give any such report. We believe Roadworx has gone to another dealer, got it repaired in warranty and taken dough from us. In that case, the other dealer would have kept the old compressor and Roadworx will not be able to return it. We have told them we want our compressor back

2. Once the FIR is filed, we will talk to airtel to retrieve phone records (hopefully, they should have voice logs)

3. Get the cops to be on our side by using some 'connections'

Anything else you guys feel we can do?
1) YES YOU ARE 100% entitled to either a refund of the amount or the replaced compressor in the original state. The compressor is available for Rs. 34,000 in the Opera house market in mumbai. And you would get good value for even a defective compressor.

2) File an FIR - Sure.

3) Cops on ourside - no comment except that they are supposed to be on our side by default, but we know how things are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I think we must find solutions here, and not call each other names. Clearly, Skoda is aware of all the complaints and misrepresentation that is going on, and they have done nothing about it. And to top it all, their own ex-MD runs the outfit that masquerades as a Skoda dealer. Shekhar, you must pursue all remedies against Skoda - but put down everything in writing. Start with writing a formal complaint to both Roadworx and Skoda, along with FIR, and your intention should be to get the cost of the AC reimbursed, after which close the matter and rest in peace.
They have done some stuf, replaced a guys fabia (gave back the money). Extended service duration to 15,000 kms, dropped cost of spares, and increased warranty on spares to 2 years. - A good start - wish they had solved harish case so that we could focus on other things in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
One thing which may be of interest, if it does not compromise the court case will be a scan of the Nummer Eins invoice/bill. What do they represent themselves as?
YEP that is a good point, you can sue them for it if the invoice / bill or some other document represents them as authorised service providers of Skoda or others, but I suspect that may not be the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@Berj79: Yes this is on the Skoda main page. Has it been there for some time? If so then we cannot fault Skoda about this any more. Maybe the mods should also take a look, put a strong statement about Roadworx/Nummer Eins, and close the thread.

Obviously an innocent person got taken to the cleaners by an unscrupulous bunch!
It seems to be a new statement, maybe after seeing the post on our site, and it reflects another good move by them - for what it's worth it is towards preventing further such incidents, and we cant say that they are doing nothing about it.

The Statement on their site is major deviation from what any car manufacturer would put on its site and must be appreciated as it is in customer interests.

Nope I dont work for Skoda Either.
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:15   #69
BANNED

@ACM: You bring up an interesting point. Putting up a logo does not imply (at least in India) that you are an A$$. I think the logos are also subject to copyright / patent but then in India it is common practice.

Multiple logs on the board should be a immediate give away that it is a multibrand facility and not an A$$ since these are by their vary nature single brand.
Old 2nd September 2009, 11:48   #70
BHPian

My dad owns a Laura and it has worked A-OK so far for all the time we've had it. Because we make a point that the driver takes the car and stays with it while the service is done. Plus the car also carries political pressure It is back in a day!!!

If you ever visit Asset Auto (Skoda ASC) in Pune, check out their PCMC Service Centre... It's a shame in itself, even little Chotu's roadside garage is better than what Asset's Service Centre looks like. (If I go there I will take pics)

Superbs, Laura's et all are parked on the roads (day and night) where kids from adjoining slums merrily party with.

Isn't it up to Skoda who should setup strict norms on part of the ASC/Dealership to meet up with some set of standards? We as customers do not see Skoda Auto, but who represents them.

If representation is bad at the lower level, it obviously takes a beating at the top level.

Nummer Eins aka Roadworkz is Skoda's own prodigal son.
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:40   #71
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inreverse View Post
My dad owns a Laura and it has worked A-OK so far for all the time we've had it. Because we make a point that the driver takes the car and stays with it while the service is done. Plus the car also carries political pressure It is back in a day!!!

If you ever visit Asset Auto (Skoda ASC) in Pune, check out their PCMC Service Centre... It's a shame in itself, even little Chotu's roadside garage is better than what Asset's Service Centre looks like. (If I go there I will take pics)

Superbs, Laura's et all are parked on the roads (day and night) where kids from adjoining slums merrily party with.

Isn't it up to Skoda who should setup strict norms on part of the ASC/Dealership to meet up with some set of standards? We as customers do not see Skoda Auto, but who represents them.

If representation is bad at the lower level, it obviously takes a beating at the top level.

Nummer Eins aka Roadworkz is Skoda's own prodigal son.
If asset at pune is slopy it is Skoda's job to ensure it does better.

JMD for Skoda in mumbai is quite good, even better than the other really large service centres that I have used for Tata / Maurti / GM

Nummer Eins could be qualified as and earlier "Asset" that has been rejected today and has been deregistered due to feedback like yours, now we cannot today also blame them for it, even if an Ex Skoda employee is part of the roadworx chain management, as it and "Ex"
Old 2nd September 2009, 13:46   #72
Senior - BHPian

I read the Edit in the thread title & am now LOL - "Fake Dealer at fault/Not Skoda"

I mean, come on guys - what has Skoda done about the fact that there is a fake dealer around? How does it absolve Skoda of all blame is what beats me.
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:00   #73
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I mean, come on guys - what has Skoda done about the fact that there is a fake dealer around? How does it absolve Skoda of all blame is what beats me.
At least they have now marked the FAKE out at their site. Take a look!

Homepage ?koda Auto -
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:18   #74
BHPian

A few years back Hyundai in Delhi took Rama Hyundai off their list. They followed it up with a letter to the car owners who had dealt with Rama Hyundai in the past. Atleast, I received a letter saying that Rama Hyundai was no longer authorized by Hyundai. Maybe, Skoda should try something like that. Not everyone accesses the web!

BTW, till about 6 months back they were still operating in Vasant Kunj and nothing suggested that they were not authorized. I moved out of VK, so am not sure if they are still operating.
Old 2nd September 2009, 14:39   #75
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinchawla View Post
A few years back Hyundai in Delhi took Rama Hyundai off their list. They followed it up with a letter to the car owners who had dealt with Rama Hyundai in the past. Atleast, I received a letter saying that Rama Hyundai was no longer authorized by Hyundai. Maybe, Skoda should try something like that. Not everyone accesses the web!

BTW, till about 6 months back they were still operating in Vasant Kunj and nothing suggested that they were not authorized. I moved out of VK, so am not sure if they are still operating.
So now do we start Hyundai bashing?

Skoda did do an advt in some papers in Mumbai stating that nummer eins is no longer their dealer. Plus in some advts direct from the company for I think launching the new Laura they did list out the correct existent dealers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman View Post
I read the Edit in the thread title & am now LOL - "Fake Dealer at fault/Not Skoda"

Hi pls check out my posts on this thread. Yes Skoda is absolved of all blame in this case.

What have Mercedes, Honda, Toyota, GM, BMW, Audi & VW done about the same dealer network (Roadworx) in question for the skoda issue, what about the Carnation chain tomorrow?

A single vendor cannot do much about a multiple brand dealer network unless they offically state in writting they they are authorized to service XYZ brand.

Multibrand service centres are a reality today and we should go to them only post warranty or for non warranty related issue. (do not warranty itself is void if one goes to an unautorized service centre.)

Skoda has gone out of it;s way with what they have put up on their site, has any other car vendor in India every done that. Pls appreciate what is good, and read up in detail on this case.

Most Viewed