Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2009, 09:53   #1
BHPian

Warning : Roadworx falsely claiming that it is Skoda authorised

Hi,

I have been reading skoda threads for a while and thank my stars I do not own one. My father in law owns multiple cars including an E 280 and a civic and unfortunately, a Skoda Laura. The laura has completed just about 18 months and for the last 6-8 months, the a/c has been giving trouble. The ASC guys would fiddle with it and it would conk off in a month again. Last week, Nummer Eins told him that the A/c compressor had failed and it would need to be replaced. They refused to do it under warranty, quoted 45 K for it and then 'settled' for 33 K. My FIL said he does not have the time or inclination to fight too much, although he has taken up the issue with Skoda directly. Unfortunately, I got to know of this only after the bill was paid. This is daylight robbery. I mean every component is covered in the warranty even for a 4 Lac hatch! I have completely brainwashed him to dispose the laura and get another Civic or even the altis. He was seriously contemplating the Superb, before I 'introduced' him to T-BHP.

Skoda needs to get the hell out of India. Fast.
Old 30th August 2009, 09:59   #2
Senior - BHPian

I thought Nummers Eins is no longer an authorized skoda service center. Search for Nummers Eins in this forum. You'll get lots of nice reviews about them.
Old 30th August 2009, 10:01   #3
BHPian

No!! Not again. Another Skoda Phoda.

God bless all Skoda owners. These people shoud be punished for all the trouble caused.

shekhar!! Your FIL should not have paid the money for the repair. This should have been very well covered under the warranty. BTW what was the excuse made by Skoda for not repairing it in warranty.

Last edited by funkydude : 30th August 2009 at 10:02.
Old 30th August 2009, 10:11   #4
Team-BHP Support

How could Nummer Eins be operational as of Aug '09. Weren't they long closed?

Even now the car should be within the 2 yr warranty period - what can be the 'official' excuse to not cover this under warranty?

I also don't understand this bargaining that skoda does on such bills. If 45k was a geniune quote, how could they "settle" for 33K? I can only imagine these concessions to be on account of already overpriced 'labour' charges, which they shouldn't have been quoting for in the first place in such a scenario.
Old 30th August 2009, 11:34   #5
BHPian

Still he can file a suit against Skoda and the dealer in consumer court for not honouring the warranty
Old 30th August 2009, 11:53   #6
Senior - BHPian

Please file a suit, or at least join hands with HarishV (search for his thread please). We SHOULD NOT allow practices like this. And I can't imagine of any valid reason why a car's compressor cannot be covered by warranty!
Old 30th August 2009, 12:25   #7
Senior - BHPian

Nummer Eins stopped being a Skoda ASC long back. Maybe that's why they are saying that there is no warranty on the compressor. Wasn't Nummer Eins located in Chembur? They have now started Roadworx and the place is no longer known as Nummer Eins.

I hope this is a genuine and true story.
Old 30th August 2009, 12:26   #8
Senior - BHPian

Again a day light robbery by a skoda dealer, why should a compressor not be coverd under warranty and why should his FIL pay for that, man day by day skoda name is getting lower and lower and people are loosing faith on them.
Old 30th August 2009, 13:14   #9
Senior - BHPian

Something is wrong here. Nummer Eins is no longer associated in any way with Skoda. If you went to an independent workshop, no warranty is valid. OP, please give us full details on your story. It doesn't look like Skoda has done anything wrong or illegal here so why are we bashing them for what an ex-dealer does?

Last edited by McLaren Rulez : 30th August 2009 at 13:17.
Old 30th August 2009, 15:51   #10
BHPian

Nummer Eins is not a SKODA DEALER, everyone knows Nummer Eins or their new name road roadworx is not a skoda dealer, if you & your family didnt know WELL now u know, SKODA has NOTHING to do with them at all, please check skoda's website & see in the bottom right hand side, its mentioned about roadworx- ?koda Auto - Homepage,
Get your car out of there & never take it there bro,

cheers..
Old 30th August 2009, 15:56   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Something is wrong here. Nummer Eins is no longer associated in any way with Skoda. If you went to an independent workshop, no warranty is valid. OP, please give us full details on your story. It doesn't look like Skoda has done anything wrong or illegal here so why are we bashing them for what an ex-dealer does?
i agree with you bro, you never know if other brands are coming here to bash skoda to make their cars sell who knows.. as mclaren rulz stated some evidence will be good, the service the OP got has nothing to do with skoda as nummer eins is not a skoda dealer anymore its either this guy is bluffing or he is from a rival car brand tried hard to put skoda down.
Old 30th August 2009, 17:01   #12
Senior - BHPian

an idea for moderators. How about putting a statuary warning, it can pop up when any one opens Team Bhp.

Statutary Waring: Whoever you are, whatever you do, PLEASE dont buy a SKODA.

After having seen threads, of harsh, gagan and other, I made a promise to myself that I would never buy a Skoda.
Old 30th August 2009, 17:18   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaurav_chopra04 View Post
an idea for moderators. How about putting a statuary warning, it can pop up when any one opens Team Bhp.

Statutary Waring: Whoever you are, whatever you do, PLEASE dont buy a SKODA.

After having seen threads, of harsh, gagan and other, I made a promise to myself that I would never buy a Skoda.
I have better suggestion, why not open a new section for skoda saying - "Skoda bites"
Old 30th August 2009, 17:44   #14
Senior - BHPian

Oh no not again!!!. I am tired of skoda!!!
Old 30th August 2009, 19:49   #15
Senior - BHPian

I think in this case the customer is more to Blame than anyone else!

Most Viewed