Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2005, 16:15   #106
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone let me know on what criteria the service level of dealers are rated i.e great service, moderate service, poor service. Some people say that FIAT ASS is very poor, just like to know why it was termed so
Old 9th August 2005, 19:17   #107
BHPian

Swift & all the hype...looks like it's going to take the M800's place shortly.Good for our country..we are leaping into the 22nd century !!!But sad for Car enthusiasts.what I mean to say is there are all sorts of people driving Swifts these days.Not appropriate at all.I think 4.3 lacs on road is doing this.I believe it is even eating into Wagon R sales...sibling rivalry !!
Old 10th August 2005, 13:25   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandan
Swift & all the hype...looks like it's going to take the M800's place shortly.Good for our country..we are leaping into the 22nd century !!!But sad for Car enthusiasts.what I mean to say is there are all sorts of people driving Swifts these days.Not appropriate at all.I think 4.3 lacs on road is doing this.I believe it is even eating into Wagon R sales...sibling rivalry !!
@chandan
Do you imply that due the LOW cost of Swift @ 4.3L on road, all sorts of people drive it. What sorts of people are you refering to, please elaborate.
In other words, the sorts of people who previously drove the M800.
BTW, what is wrong with such SORTS of people - I really wish to know and them being "Not appropriate at all".

No flame- just curiousity

Cheers
Old 10th August 2005, 15:09   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xsailor
@chandan
Do you imply that due the LOW cost of Swift @ 4.3L on road, all sorts of people drive it. What sorts of people are you refering to, please elaborate.
In other words, the sorts of people who previously drove the M800.
BTW, what is wrong with such SORTS of people - I really wish to know and them being "Not appropriate at all".

No flame- just curiousity

Cheers
good one mate :-) looks like chandan doesn't think much of people driving lesser cars.
Old 10th August 2005, 20:19   #110
BHPian

OOps,
take it easy guys...I have nothing against people driving cars like 800.Infact,I used to drive an 800 until a few months ago.Just that Swift looks ages ahead of 800 & many other cars around.It looks too good with a little bit of mods...atleast wide tyres & alloys,but I have seen very few of them in the modified avatar..I have seen too many stock cars & It takes a while to get used to 70 year old people driving it !! As of now,Swift looks good on the younger gen...probably we will get used to the older gen in some time.
Old 12th August 2005, 00:24   #111
Senior - BHPian

okay, guys....this is for those who think that the swift is overhyped, and an underperformer...

i was going to pune, and i hit about 180+ on the expressway- i couldn't take that pic though, because some traffic popped up, and i had to slow down; this is was taken on the second try- note that the revs are still under 6000 in the tacho (redline in fourth is at about 6300), in the pic.... will be doing another top speed test after 5000 kms..the car's run only 750 kms now (i won't be doing any more quickies until 2000 kms)....let's see if i can break 185....

and while coming back from pune, one of my "other" favourite cars overtook me, while i was "cruising" at about 120..... rudraji might like this one.....

i was so stunned, that i HAD to take a pic of the amby blitzkrieging a swift.....and in case you're wondering, this particular amby was an 1800 isuzu diesel...!!! hmmm....i wonder if it had an lpg boost kit or a nos kit under it's hood.....
Old 12th August 2005, 00:53   #112
Senior - BHPian

Who took the pic, veyron? Was that you doing this stunt of taking pic, while driving at 170+ speeds? I hope not. If it was you, then please please don't do that again. We want you to be on this forum for long time.

What does that digital 164.4 mean? Is that Odometer?

A last note, even if you have a few RPMs available to redline, the car may never reach those, since it doesnt have enough torque in 5th gear to pull further. But going by your experience, Swift really seems to be an able car.
Old 12th August 2005, 01:25   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Who took the pic, veyron
err....ummm....hehe... guilty as charged...but the roads ahead were absolutely empty, and it was so tempting...plus, it's some much needed proof that the swift isn't an underperformer...so sorry if i scared you, didn't mean to... and point taken....

Quote:
What does that digital 164.4 mean? Is that Odometer?
that's the trip meter... i was measuring the distance from my house till the destination...the swift has two trip meters, so it's great to calculate F.E during tankups, and measure that occasional long distance trips, both at the same time...

Quote:
A last note, even if you have a few RPMs available to redline, the car may never reach those, since it doesnt have enough torque in 5th gear to pull further.
errr...rx, almost all of the indian petrols achieve their top speeds in fourth, not fifth; the same is the case with the swift . and yes, the engines can be redlined in fourth....the fifth gear in most of the indian cars is an overdrive; it's given just for the means of cruising at the same speed at lower r.p.m's....
Old 14th August 2005, 10:35   #114
Senior - BHPian

the swift in Canada is better looking than the Indian swift. looks kinda similar to getz. Now that's a combination I like.
Old 14th August 2005, 13:38   #115
Team-BHP Support

Well, yesterday, I took a Getz for a quick test run. It is a much better car to live with imho. Suspension rides out the bumps well, steering has better feel. Bit understeery but that can be rectified. Visibility is much nicer. Well laid out dash, does not look too sparten although plastics look too plasticky for my liking. The Swift is peppier and steering is more direct if a little "fly by wire" feelless and better brakes.
Old 18th August 2005, 11:15   #116
Senior - BHPian

Is Swift a four wheel drive car?
Old 18th August 2005, 11:24   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
wake up...no ways man..
Old 18th August 2005, 11:42   #118
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
Whatever gave you that idea? An all wheel drive car under 5L!!!
Old 18th August 2005, 11:49   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat
Well, yesterday, I took a Getz for a quick test run. It is a much better car to live with imho. Suspension rides out the bumps well, steering has better feel. Bit understeery but that can be rectified. Visibility is much nicer. Well laid out dash, does not look too sparten although plastics look too plasticky for my liking. The Swift is peppier and steering is more direct if a little "fly by wire" feelless and better brakes.
The Rear Shock absorbers in Getz are Gas filled as opposed to Torsion beam in Swift, that explains the smoother ride than Getz. Other than that, the ride quality is evenly matched with Swift being the faster of the two engines and a joy to drive on highways with good roads with the high profile tyres.
Although it can be a bit of a nightmare on rough roads as the rear is too heavy and not gas assisted shocks make the ride more towards to harsher side. However it does give you the big car feel once inside the cabin and the Getz does not.
Old 18th August 2005, 12:45   #120
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
However it does give you the big car feel once inside the cabin and the Getz does not.
Are you really sure about it? Have you personally experienced it?

Most Viewed