Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Will the new Sonata finally gets the success it deserved?
Yes 79 60.31%
No 52 39.69%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st September 2009, 10:30   #16
Senior - BHPian

The overall look of the car is pretty impressive! And the speedometers are simply too good. If they are planning to launch it in india in the current price tag of Sonata, Honda Accord team is surely going to sweat! Just hope that they market it well.
Old 1st September 2009, 10:40   #17
NIP
Senior - BHPian

Looks impressive !! I'd buy it. Bring it on Hyundai !
Old 1st September 2009, 10:42   #18
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
The overall look of the car is pretty impressive! And the speedometers are simply too good. If they are planning to launch it in india in the current price tag of Sonata, Honda Accord team is surely going to sweat! Just hope that they market it well.
although i voted for the sonata transforming Hyundai's success quotient but it all depends on the placement of the product. remember the sonata transform is a brilliant car but bad numbers coz hyundai is not able to shake off the economy (read small car) car tag. same case with the terracan. hope they do a good campaigning.
Old 1st September 2009, 10:50   #19
Senior - BHPian

Looks stunning. BUT is it anywhere near launch here in India ??

If priced around the 15 - 16 L bracket with a Diesel engine, it could be a nightmare for many executive sedans.
Old 1st September 2009, 11:01   #20
Senior - BHPian

Hope they succeed, but I have my doubts. Maybe, they should introduce a different brand to fight in these segments.
Old 1st September 2009, 11:03   #21
Senior - BHPian

It looks nice from the side and the rear, though the front resembles the ANHC a bit.
The speedo dials resemble those of the new Superb.

As with all Sonatas, I am sure there will be tonnes of space inside---but they are not good handlers. I'd go for one if I had a chauffeur and the money to plonk. If I had to drive myself, I'd still prefer the Accord or maybe the Superb.

But if Hyundai prices it about 4 to 5 lacs below the Accord, then I might be tempted.
Old 1st September 2009, 11:41   #22
BHPian

I got a picture from searching in Google. Is this the same one sid?
Attached Thumbnails
Poll: Can the new Sonata finally add pizzazz to Hyundai's Indian lineup?-rendering2010hyundaisonatayf1.jpg  

Old 1st September 2009, 11:47   #23
Senior - BHPian

The front looks odd. The side profile is super. The Camry & Accord look great from all angles. This might be a downside as far as looks are concerned. The pricing has to do the magic. Hey wait a minute, is this coming to India ?
Old 1st September 2009, 11:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by appuchan View Post
I got a picture from searching in Google. Is this the same one sid?
IIRC, this is Hyundai Genesis. A sedan rivaling 5-series for cost of 3-series.

the below photo is taken from its website: The New Hyundai Genesis
Attached Thumbnails
Poll: Can the new Sonata finally add pizzazz to Hyundai's Indian lineup?-genesis.jpg  

Old 1st September 2009, 11:53   #25
JRD
BHPian

yup that'll do it. Side view orthographic is very passat cc ish.
Old 1st September 2009, 11:53   #26
Senior - BHPian

OMG the front grill is horrible, rest car is good enough, more design bits of the MB CLS type. Those Grill Inserts are directly a copy of the ones used currently on the new-gen Infiniti's.
Old 1st September 2009, 11:53   #27
BHPian

Looks like they included bits from their 'Genesis' luxury sedan. Pretty impressive.

Hyundai always had good powertrains for Sonata - Even the first version had a yummy V6 that generated 166 BHP. The new ones are not bad either. However, they are not frugal - Which is difficult to expect from such powerful engines.

They need to improving the driving character - It doesn't have one IMHO. Also improve the interiors. Then, this would be a winner. And I am sure we won't be seeing this for the next 3-4 years.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:01   #28
Senior - BHPian

They need to improving the driving character - It doesn't have one IMHO. Also improve the interiors. Then, this would be a winner. And I am sure we won't be seeing this for the next 3-4 years.[/quote]

I think we might see this as early as this time next year or even before that. Current Sonata is a big flop and i am sure Hyundai wont wait long to launch this one up in India to take on the likes of the Accord, Camry and the upcoming Kizashi Sedan which might also be sold here in India.
Old 1st September 2009, 12:33   #29
BHPian

I suggest hyundia to stay away from luxury class, and same applies to Maruti. You guys are doing fairly well with hatch-backs
Old 1st September 2009, 12:47   #30
Senior - BHPian

well, i would disagree with a few posts here, firstly if the first gen sonata and accord were to be compared, the sonata outsold the accord in a 2:1 ratio. so hyundai can do well in the luxury market provided they play thier cards right.

if the product is marketed correctly, then it would become absolute hit thanks to it's vfm characteristics, the embera esp the diesel variant was a very very good car, but didnt sell thanks to improper marketing by the hyundai guys.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks