Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Do You consider Fuel Efficiency figures while buying a new Car
Yes 167 56.61%
No 21 7.12%
I do, but it is not very high on my priorities. 107 36.27%
Voters: 295. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 28th April 2010, 13:32   #46
Senior - BHPian

FE figures of TDCI Fiesta & Figo are exactly the same, I thought Figo would be more fuel efficient due to its compact size.
Old 28th April 2010, 14:08   #47
BHPian

Question Regarding Kerb weight.

Just noticed that there is a 100 kilo difference between kerb weight of ritz diesel and petrol. However for figo petrol and diesel it's just 40 kilos. I would have expected the figo 1.4 diesel to be heavier than the 1248 cc multijet engine. Is it a good thing that the engine is lighter?
Old 28th April 2010, 16:22   #48
BHPian

i could'nt find the Toyota models in the list, any specific reason not to be listed?
Old 28th April 2010, 16:32   #49
BHPian

^ Same with Mitsubishi & HM. I guess not listed.
Surprising, as Toyota was definitely present last time around.
Old 28th April 2010, 19:28   #50
BHPian

i10 kappa BSIV has the best FE amongst petrol compacts

Whew! i10 kappa BSIV is more fuel efficient than the Alto BSIV! That means that i10 kappa BSIV now is the most efficient petrol car in the compact segment! I now understand why SRK was teaching "Mr Wilson" about the redefined automobile engineering.
Old 2nd May 2010, 11:06   #51
PCS
BHPian

Guys Some Imp Info !!!

One Of My Distant Relatives Friends Works For Arai

He Said Corolla Diesel Has Finished Arai Testing And The Arai Mileage For Corolla Diesel Is 21.43 Kmpl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

More Than Swift D & Ritz D
Old 2nd May 2010, 14:00   #52
BHPian

Both ARAI and SIAM FE rating for Fiesta and Figo TDCi seems to be giving the very similar 20kmpl.

But the user feedback on this forum seems to match the Fiesta but not for the Figo !!!

Either all the drivers of Figo are not driving well or Ford got the Figo TDCi tested with the real Fiesta TDCi engine, but selling sub standard TDCi in the Figo that was delivered to the customers.

Normally i would trust the ARAI FE rather than the manufacturers claimed FE. But with the difference observed in the Figo TDCi ARAI and owner feedback, now i think even ARAI seems less trustworthy. So "Team-BHP reviews" are the most trustworthy. I don't see the 'Figo TDCi' review in the team bhp review section, after how many months from launch will this be published?

Last edited by Yamaha100 : 2nd May 2010 at 14:02.
Old 2nd May 2010, 14:24   #53
BHPian

This list's numbers are utter cr@p! None of these cars get anything close to these numbers in real life conditions. Maybe at 80mph constant cruising but at no other time.
Old 3rd May 2010, 00:37   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
This list's numbers are utter cr@p! None of these cars get anything close to these numbers in real life conditions. Maybe at 80mph constant cruising but at no other time.
I have to disagree. My Civic 1.8 V M/T gives almost the figure mentioned here, during long drives. I get a range of 600km during my Bangalore - Kochi drives, for a tankful, which is around 40-42 liters (cut-off to amber-light and again to cut-off). This is with a load of 3-4 people and a packed boot, full-time AC and a typical cruising speed of 90-100kmph, with occasional excursions to 120+ kmph.

Also, at a constant 80mph (128kmph), you would almost never get the mileage mentioned below. It would have to be around 30-50mph or thereabouts. Controlled speed is only one parameter, out of many, like load, quality of fuel, quality of tyres, air pressure, and even the state of your windows while driving (you roll down your windows and the increased air drag reduces mileage), and of course the state of the engine and other vitals.
Old 3rd May 2010, 09:42   #55
BHPian

Why have they mentioned Petrol and Gasoline? Botha re the same right?
Old 3rd May 2010, 16:32   #56
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
He Said Corolla Diesel Has Finished Arai Testing And The Arai Mileage For Corolla Diesel Is 21.43 Kmpl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is fantastic news! The Altis is already at the top of the C+ segment in terms of sales; with a fuel-efficient diesel, they'll repeat a "Fortuner" success story If I were Skoda, I'd be very worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha100 View Post
So "Team-BHP reviews" are the most trustworthy. I don't see the 'Figo TDCi' review in the team bhp review section, after how many months from launch will this be published?
Hi Yamaha100, it typically takes us between 3 - 6 months to upload the consolidated review onto the testdrives section. Primary reason being, the information in that section is entirely constructed from owner feedback...feedback which takes time to collect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
None of these cars get anything close to these numbers in real life conditions. Maybe at 80mph constant cruising but at no other time.
I agree. But then, ARAI themselves admit that their FE numbers are indicative of driving in "ideal conditions". ARAI numbers serve only one purpose : That of relativity (which car is more FE than the other).

Quote:
Originally Posted by civicsense View Post
I have to disagree. My Civic 1.8 V M/T gives almost the figure mentioned here, during long drives. I get a range of 600km during my Bangalore - Kochi drives, for a tankful, which is around 40-42 liters (cut-off to amber-light and again to cut-off).
Good for you! I barely got 12 kpl in a recent trip that, admittedly, involved a certain amount of high-revving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Why have they mentioned Petrol and Gasoline? Botha re the same right?
They are indeed.
Old 3rd May 2010, 17:16   #57
Senior - BHPian

I consider FE figures while buying any vehicle, but, these SIAM figures are mere compilation of figures provided by the manufacturers. I do not think there is any verification of these figures by anyone.

I refer to previous owners' (in my circle) experience on the matter as the basis of my decision.
Old 3rd May 2010, 19:52   #58
BANNED

Now updated with April 2010 Figures (HM , Toyota included)
Attached Thumbnails
SIAM / ARAI Fuel Efficiency Figures (Now with Jan 2011 Data - pg6)-imagessiam_fourwh_a.jpg  

SIAM / ARAI Fuel Efficiency Figures (Now with Jan 2011 Data - pg6)-imagessiam_fourwh_b.jpg  

SIAM / ARAI Fuel Efficiency Figures (Now with Jan 2011 Data - pg6)-imagessiam_fourwh_c2.jpg  

SIAM / ARAI Fuel Efficiency Figures (Now with Jan 2011 Data - pg6)-imagessiam_fourwh_c1.jpg  

SIAM / ARAI Fuel Efficiency Figures (Now with Jan 2011 Data - pg6)-imagessiam_fourwh_d.jpg  

SIAM / ARAI Fuel Efficiency Figures (Now with Jan 2011 Data - pg6)-imagessiam_fourwh_e.jpg  

SIAM / ARAI Fuel Efficiency Figures (Now with Jan 2011 Data - pg6)-imagessiam_fourwh_f.jpg  

Last edited by wildon : 3rd May 2010 at 19:59.
Old 3rd May 2010, 21:07   #59
Team-BHP Support

Tata safari goes to 13.92 from 12.10!
That is more than 15%, quite a whopping jump. Is it just the intercooled EGR which can cause such major changes?
Old 8th May 2010, 16:24   #60
BANNED

In the 2 wheeler segment, I was astonished to see Activa's FE, most of the owners are getting only half of that !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks