Team-BHP - Indigo CS anniv edition
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Indigo CS anniv edition (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/64639-indigo-cs-anniv-edition-3.html)

Thanx for the info and pics.

sidindica :

Thanks for your very informative inputs. This will give our members ,who are hoping to buy a sedan next year , a great idea of what features to expect from the new Indiva.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeddyBear (Post 1464741)
Dicor Turbo kicks @1800 RPM and it has VGT to reduce the turbo lag.
950 rpm? hard to believe, may be a twin turbo clap: If it is possible to kick at 950 rpm, then it is killer (compact) Sedan

Yes it kicks in @ 1800 rpm according to the manual but by the time you recognise the thrust your rpm is already around 2100-2200 rpms. I have tried keeping the rpm around 1800-1900 rpm but the thrust was almost not noticeable on inclines. It had to be revved up above 2000 rpm with a full load to make the vehicle pull smartly.

And yes 950 rpm is what the chap told me. He is GM workshop of a major TATA-Fiat dealership.

The dull wood trim looks quite good, the shiny ones look uber plasticky, I`m quite impressed with Tata in this case, if they have to give some sort of trim on the Safari, this shade is much better than what is there currently

I have been to a TATA showroom today, and boy the new Indigo CS looks beautiful. The new limited edition has a lof of improvement over the earlier one. The interior plastics/seat fabric also felt a shade lighter than the regular CS.
The electronic seat height adjustment is really a welcome change in this day and age. It sure is a feature which is not available in any of its competitor's cars in that price bracket.
The new colour makes it look really neat and more appealing with the regular CS wheelcaps.
Sadly the safety equipment like ABS and Airbags are missing else it sure is a VFM sedan with a proven fuel efficient old generation diesel.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14000rpm (Post 1462586)
I'm not sure how many will agree but the indigo CS has the right proportions for a perfect coupe. or maybe, even in its 4 door version, if placed rightly with the right packaging, it could be a neat off-beat car like the zen carbon/steel became.
CS with MJD engine, nice 15" alloys, with a slightly redesigned sportier bumpers and sunroof. 7 L. isn't that a unique enough a car?

Only if Indian Manufacturers displayed a slight amount of boldness on this front. Many opine that such combinations do not have 'the market'(?)!!. Similar analogies are sighted when we talk about the (lack of) hot hatches in Indian market. I may not be overstating that if a hothatch is introduced, OR something like what 14000rpm suggests: it'd sell like hot cakes ! On the contrary, Manufacturers come up with Estilo Sport, Logan Play! and all.
Oh the talk reminds me of Getz Prime Diesel... :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 1476868)
Why didn't I think of that one, but you might actually have hit the ball on the nail.

Electric Seats : XL.
Woodden + Leather steering wheel : XL
Inner Door beige trim : XL
Seat Fabric : XL (?)
Electric ORVM function : XL.
what next : XL's headlamps ?
nice catch there ...

Dicor and MJD's engine mounts are quite different. Not to forget the Engine house packaging. It is a long shot that TML will think (forget try?) of introducing the MJD in CS. It'd eat into Vista's market big time.

If someone from TML could explain : why not provide ABS & ABG as options when the same are fitted on the Same assembly lines by the same operators on export vehicles ?

the current indigo CS and XL share similar headlamps. the only difference is that the XL has amber indicators, the CS has clear lens ones. The earlier CS had indica style headlamps which were changed recently.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Manas (Post 1492127)
Seat Fabric : XL (?)

Nope. The fabric is different in XL.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bouncer (Post 1492619)
Nope. The fabric is different in XL.

thanks for clearing my doubt.

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn (Post 1492155)
the current indigo CS and XL share similar headlamps. the only difference is that the XL has amber indicators, the CS has clear lens ones. The earlier CS had indica style headlamps which were changed recently.

The face lift CS carried the headlamps from the (now discontinued) indigo face-lifts. As greenhorn has rightly pointed out, I was referring to this very difference in the Amber portion of the headlamps b/w CS & XL. Who knows, CS may just get them towards the fag end of its maturity cycle...