Team-BHP - Citroen C5 spotted testing in Bangalore.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Citroen C5 spotted testing in Bangalore. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/64643-citroen-c5-spotted-testing-bangalore.html)

Last weekend near palace cross road, I spotted this C5 under test. It was not camouflaged but had all these antennas on the roof. He was filling up petrol.

I asked the driver some details but he kept telling me test vehicle and no more info. He didn't let me take pics, but I managed a couple when he was going to pay the fuel bill.

Even the reg number was weird. I'm not masking it now as it doesn't look like a proper number.

Citroen C5 spotted testing in Bangalore.-imag0139.jpg

Citroen C5 spotted testing in Bangalore.-imag0138.jpg

Citroen in India... wow, thats something i never thought of, i drove a Citroen C4 (diesel) in UK (3 years back) during a weekend drive for 1000 miles, what a car, the car was cruising at 100 mph without any vibs or noise, the interior was spacious, had lots of goodies, auto headlights, auto wipers and the ORVM fold when the car is locked (like i20). Though this might not be relevant to C5, i somehow felt the quality of Citroen car is really good and hence the comment.

Bye 230D?

Does he mean the C320 with a diesel engine? :p

The rear lights especially look a lot like they were copied from BMW cars

Wow!! Finally the French are making a bee-line for our shores!
Hope the C5 doesn't end up with paltry sales for being CBUs like the Camry and Teana.
BTW are those even Indian plates?! Maybe French!

The car is looking good but its ground clearance is too low for the Indian roads.
@ Nikhil,
I totally agree with you that the rear lights seems to be copied from BMW's.
In India, is it going to have petrol engine or diesel engine ??
Any guess on its price ??
Is it to be a direct import (CBU) ??

liftback huh! Finally the world class designs are coming to India. But we need standard roads and sane drivers for these machines.

In 'Top Gear' ownership surveys (which includes A.S.S., reliability), French cars are usually at the bottom of the list (Citroen more so than Renault). And that was in UK.

I will be very pessimistic about buying a Citroen here as A.S.S. in India is generally much worse as compared to western world.

Nice catch. the Peugeot Spotted in Pune also had BYE**** no. french connection?

Big front overhang. Looks good and as always the pricing will be decisive if introduced in India. Tail light looks more like Infinity.

In autoexpress UK survey its ranked above Renault, Vauxhall, Peugeot and of course the perennial last placed Fiat.

Looks good, but it will take a lot more than looks to make in India now onwards

Looks good. It has good stance and flair too.
Will do good if priced @ 12-14 Lacs I guess so

French electronics, oh oh !

the number plate looks British than French.

F(rench)C(onnection)(through)UK?lol:

Anyways the Peugeots have better quality than Citreon. The Citreon C1 which is the same as Toyota Aygo is the most suitable car for India apart from the 2CV

Nice scoop Vid.

If they are testing, then it shouldn't be long before they launch it.

Will be interesting to see how they position the car. The number plate seems to be one from another country.

Thank God !! The Altis found its way home, else it would have been another round waiting for the Citroen , then test driving and again those endless list of phone calls to T-bhp'ians :D .