Team-BHP - which is the fastest car on indian roads...???
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   which is the fastest car on indian roads...??? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6474-fastest-car-indian-roads-3.html)

Quote:

But do keep in mind that the magazines test brand new vehicles. A well run in conditioned engine will perform better with time.
True. It does get faster. I mean, u personally know how quick it gets. Hehe

Shan2nu

Quote:

I think the Mercs and Audis have it everywhere. Even the mighty CL65 AMG is limited to 250kmph.
yah so what i am trying to say is that ..the electronic limiter at a specific speed is the manufacturers option/policy.. It has nothing to do with Import Regulations ..

Quote:

It has nothing to do with Import Regulations ..
Yup, it's been decided by the manufacturers that their cars shall be limited to 250kmph/155mph.

Shan2nu

thanks for confirming shan2nu ..

any idea why are these cars limited ?

-safety ?
-preserving revs to help the engine last longer ?
.....???

Quote:

any idea why are these cars limited ?
Yeah, they've taken this step, keeping safety in mind. That said, 250kmph is no small figure either.

Shan2nu

i guess they can accurately rate their cars crash worthiness within the limited speeds ...

coming back to the topic ..
Continental GT has to be the fastest and the most powerful car in India

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Yeah, they've taken this step, keeping safety in mind. That said, 250kmph is no small figure either.

Shan2nu

no the cars are not limited only due to safety issue,one of the main reasons is that if they cross the 155mph barrier they have to pay a certain tax to the German government(some green tax or something like that).in order to maintain equality all over the world all cars except BMW M6.and the Mercedes SLR that are made by BMW,AUDI,Merc...are limited to 155mph.in US the cars are stipulated to 156mph for sedans and 130mph for SUV's.In japan it is 180kmph for all cars including the EVO's.In india there is no speed limit, potholes are the limiters(40kmph please).

BTW one can remove the limiters on the AMG mercs by paying something like 500 pounds.

Quote:

no the cars are not limited only due to safety issue,one of the main reasons is that if they cross the 155mph barrier they have to pay a certain tax to the German government(some green tax or something like that).
Then why have the limit on the cars sold in other countries?

Shan2nu

the speed limiter is like a standard equipment on all german designed vehicle or vehicles intended for sale in germany ,so not removing the limiter for other markets maintains the uniformity in performance of all vehicles on sales accross the world,so the cars are not faster in India and slower in germany and have uniform performance figures.

also i think now the rule applies for the whole EU.

here is quote from a website
Quote:

the German Government subsidises car makers to limit their car's top speed
also it is believed that the maufacturers do it to appease the green party in Germany.yes but i agree with u that the whole point of the restriction is enviorment+saftey issues.

Nope...there's no subsidy. All the speed and BHP limits are gentleman's agreements between the top manufacturers, be it in Japan or Germany. It is restricted to production cars, not limited editions like the McLaren SLR, or the CGT. In Japan, for example, there used to be a gentleman's agreement on not selling a >600cc bike. So at one time, all big bore sbks were actually imported into Japan, though they were made locally!

Similarly, the new sbks have a gentleman's agreement limiting top speed to 297kmh. Not like anyone gets there, save the Busas and ZX-12Rs...maybe the R1s...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mpower
I think the QUICKEST car is more relevant unless you live in the land of autobhans.

From that point of view, I think Octavia RS is the fastest under 20 lakhs. 0-100 times are as follows

Octy - 8 secs
Corolla - 9 secs
Accord 2.4 manual - 9 secs
OHC Vtec - 9.9 secs

eyond that, anything is importable for a price, so lets not go there.

my esteem hits the ton(speedo read) in under 7 secs . supercharged. beat that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2fast4u
my esteem hits the ton(speedo read) in under 7 secs . supercharged. beat that.

Why dont you provide specs of your car? Sounds quite interesting..Who did Mods for your car in Pune?

right now its the Skoda RS which is the fastest indian car on the roads ...but if we talk about the imported once than i would say that Nissan 350Z is one of the fastest on indian roads

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drag Wars
right now its the Skoda RS which is the fastest indian car on the roads ...but if we talk about the imported once than i would say that Nissan 350Z is one of the fastest on indian roads

nope has to be the Continental Flying Spur ..it is the fastest 4 door production car in the world..(so they claim) ...tops at 312kays ...
they were targeting 10 units a year out of which 6 where booked ...

the 350Z hasnt been officially launched yet .. X-Trail is the only car in their line up as of now ..

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_lover
nope has to be the Continental Flying Spur ..it is the fastest 4 door production car in the world..(so they claim) ...tops at 312kays ...

nope the Babrus V12E is the fastest production sedan.350kmph.it is a tuned Merce E-class but they are producing more than 25 hence it classifies as the record holder.