Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 23rd August 2011, 23:32   #16
Team-BHP Support

Re: Audi Q5 to be assembled in India from March

Quote:
2 models with 2.0tdi engine and they where for 47 and 53l
Really ! BTW how much is Ex Showroom prices - OTR can be a bit complicated these days given the different taxation . As per ZIGWHEELS - Q5 will be at 35,13 Lac which seems to be very attractive .

Last edited by Turbanator : 23rd August 2011 at 23:34.
Old 24th August 2011, 00:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Already spoke of this in another thread but coming to it can someone shed light on how does this differ from the normal 2.0 TDI variant and what features have been deleted?

Wasn't someone at Audi saying we will not go the corporate way like bmw and mercedes?

Regards,
Old 24th August 2011, 00:12   #18
BHPian

Spoke to my local Audi dealer; these cars are expected only in Oct.

Pricing will be around 35 lacs ex-showroom and will have few features missing like Sunroof, front parking sensor, etc.

BMW is planning to price the 2.0d X3 at around 39 lacs ex-showroom.....now this will be an interesting duel between the two German giants.
Old 24th August 2011, 00:16   #19
BANNED

I wish they govt. would force them to pass on the savings to consumers. Or would this be considered Un-democratic ?
Old 24th August 2011, 00:32   #20
Senior - BHPian

The biggest spoiler to this will perhaps be if the BMW X3 is priced at about 37.XX Ex-Showroom for the loaded version, this will suddenly be a very aggressive battle, Will be driving the X3 this weekend, Can't wait to see the mineral silver,

Also has Audi India started local assembly of the 2.0 Engine? I doubt without which they could price it so well?

Regards,
Old 24th August 2011, 00:50   #21
BHPian

Guys, remember that even if Audi assembles the car as a CKD (not SKD), it will attract 10% customs, 22 or 24% (don't exactly recall) + an investment on the assembly. At given volumes there is only certain levels of economies of scale that can be achieved. Agreed the carmakers may make more % profit than in a more competitive environment. But again that is no reason to think these folks are walking away with free money / exploiting India. My guess is that the government makes more money on cars (10% customs, 22%excise, in Tamil Nadu - 14.5%VAT and 15% road tax; a total of about 40% of the On Road price of the car)!!
Old 24th August 2011, 07:09   #22
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BMW X3 is priced at about 37.XX Ex-Showroom for the loaded version, this will suddenly be a very aggressive battle, Will be driving the X3 this weekend, ,
Yes - BMW has some hours to think on this . But how will Audi justify the owners of Q5 ? a drop of Rs 10 Lac ! There dealers have always tried to make a mockery of lower editions of BMW as well the Discounts .

Quote:
Can't wait to see the mineral silver
This is one of beautiful color - my X6 is in same & looks wonderful .
Old 24th August 2011, 20:54   #23
Senior - BHPian

Turbanator,

Would love to see that X6, any pictures?

Also looks like the Q5 will loose the Sun Roof, and a few other things including what I read in a news report which said a combination of Leather/Leatherette, I seriously am laughing at the Audi Officials who always liked to think that we will never do cheap variants, past is past am glad they finally are trying to understand to be ahead you have to be aggressive and nothing can be as aggressive as a price!

But still someone do post confirmed spec sheets? I do believe we have people from Audi on this forum? Also can the same spec sheets be uploaded on the A8 thread for all the A8 variants?

Regards,
Old 24th August 2011, 21:44   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
BMW X3 is priced at about 37.XX Ex-Showroom for the loaded version,
its 41,75 Ex Delhi

Quote:
Would love to see that X6, any pictures?
unfortunately never taken - but I will do in couple of days - recently got the rear spoiler & larger rectangular exhausts .
Old 24th August 2011, 22:19   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Really ! BTW how much is Ex Showroom prices - OTR can be a bit complicated these days given the different taxation . As per ZIGWHEELS - Q5 will be at 35,13 Lac which seems to be very attractive .
Quote:
Originally Posted by ecclipse78 View Post
Spoke to my local Audi dealer; these cars are expected only in Oct.

Pricing will be around 35 lacs ex-showroom and will have few features missing like Sunroof, front parking sensor, etc.

BMW is planning to price the 2.0d X3 at around 39 lacs ex-showroom.....now this will be an interesting duel between the two German giants.

I agree with the prices listed above by Turbanator and ecclipse78. I too get these daily blogs from carblogindia website and as per them, the 2011 model of Q5 is launched at a price of 35.13 lakhs ex-showroom Mumbai. The deliveries are expected to start from October this year.

Most Viewed