Team-BHP - Are you the quickest to complete car's First service after delivery?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Are you the quickest to complete car's First service after delivery? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/64777-you-quickest-complete-cars-first-service-after-delivery.html)

My Eye 10 completed the first service within 15 days from the time of delivery..

Car : i10 AT Sportz
First service between : 1200-1500kms
Delivery taken on :21-Aug
First service completed on : 03-Sept
No of days driven to complete first service - 14 days(mine may not be the quickest.)
Service center : Advaith Hyundai, Bangalore
Oil changed in First service? : Yes

-MUKE

2000km in 8 days, first service on the 6th day evening (600km).

Yawn.

/What was the point of the thread

I think mclaren1885 (Rahul) would be the winner here.
IIRC, all it took him was 2 days to cover 1000kms in his Baleno.

yup - Rahul beats you all to that.

Thats awesome. 2 days flat and first service is done :d What did he do to cover 1000 Kms in brand new purchase so early.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kpzen (Post 1465713)
I think mclaren1885 (Rahul) would be the winner here.
IIRC, all it took him was 2 days to cover 1000kms in his Baleno.

Amazing:eek:
Must be some long highway trip cos in city thats impossible.

OT- WHich sec in fbd Prajesh?

Haha! So you guys still remember that rl:?

Ok let me re-live those moments. Next Saturday was track day in Chennai. So I remember walking into RNS on Wednesday (previous week) to book my car. I wanted it in black or white but they had neither in stock. So I asked them to give me any colour they can deliver within the next two days. They had only pearl silver, so we get done with the formalities on Wednesday, I take the delivery of the car on Friday (with temp registration) to do the pooja and return it back to RNS the next morning for registration. Odo reads 100+kms.

Get the car back from registration on Saturday evening at 6pm. 10pm the same night I was off to Hindupur with family (as folks insisted I don't scoot off with friends). Got back to Bangalore on Monday morning 9am. What happens after that is hilarious.

I call up RNS motors. Here is a transcript of the conversation:

Me: Hello! Is it RNS?
Lady: Yes, sir. How may I help you?
Me: Can you connect me to the service department please?
Lady: Kindly be on hold sir.
tring tring...
SM: Sir, how may I help you?
Me: I would like to book an appointment for 1st service of my baleno.
SM: Sir, can I have your car number please?
Me: KA 04 MC 5107, silver baleno.
SM: Sir, when did you take delivery of the car.
Me: On Saturday.
SM: But sir, 1st service is not until 1000kms or 1 month (which ever is earlier).
Me: I know, can you kindly book an appointment please?
SM: But sir, I don't think you got my point. First service is not until....
Me: Just book an appointment. I shall come over in 20mins. Thanks. hang up.

In 5 mins I get a call from the MD.

MD: Rahul! I heard you called up to book an appointment for 1st service. You know that its after 1000kms or 1 month right?
Me: Yes, sir! I am aware of that.
MD: So there has been a mistake I am guessing from your end?
Me: No sir! I am coming to drop off the car for 1st service in about 20mins.
MD: But Rahul! Wait just a minute. You finished 1000kms already :Shockked: ?
Me: Yes Sir!
MD: But what the heck! I just handed over the keys to your car on Saturday. Today is Monday. You are nuts.
Me: See you in a bit sir.

So I head to the showroom, drop my car off for service and spend an hour chatting with the MD who is totally perplexed when I announce to him that after the first service car would be taken to my tuners place, engine opened up and modded. I still can't forget the look on his face.

When I took delivery of the car on Monday evening odo read 13xx kms.

That Saturday, I managed to belt my car on track, get back from Chennai on Sunday night. Odo read 2600kms in just 8 days of my ownership.

That was real quick 1st service Mclaren. Direct to tuner after 1st service :Shockked:. You deserve a bow and applauseclap:.

After reading McLaren's account I do not see a reason for others to post.:uncontrol

Mine was a humble 15 days to first service.

Bolero's 1st service is at 5000 Kms. Took delivery of the Storm on Tuesday evening with 1xx KM on clock. Did a weekend drive to Coorg and back. Monday 5 am next week, the Storm had 25xx on clock in less than 7 days.

BTW what is the point of this thread?

Oh! Forgot to add, maybe I can give some stiff competition for the 2nd service as well. IIRC, car had clocked 4,000kms 13 days after I took service and car went in for 2nd service on the 19th day.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fast_elegance (Post 1465967)
That was real quick 1st service Mclaren. Direct to tuner after 1st service :Shockked:. You deserve a bow and applauseclap:.

Thanks. But thinks haven't been all smooth since then. Right now, the car has been lying in my basement unused for over a year and a half. Odo reading now is 35,xxx :Frustrati.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mclaren1885 (Post 1466000)
Right now, the car has been lying in my basement unused for over a year and a half. Odo reading now is 35,xxx :Frustrati.

Why is that? Why are you not using it? Just a little keen to know :)

Me did 1200 in 9 days. But yeah nowhere even close to 1000 in 2 days :P . I dont know what mclaren1885 eats rl:

look for threads started by mclaren. there are a few epic threads concerning the baleno :)

I think we might have another contender here. One of my closest friends took delivery of his Swift VDi on a Friday, completed 1100 kms over the weekend and took the car for service on the following Monday.

And yes, there was an insurance claim too along with the 1st service.

So you have it all here. 1st service in 2 days, 1st insurance claim in 2 days :D

PS - I think no one can beat Rahul's record to the 2nd service. 4000 kms in 13 days! Did you not go home after taking delivery of the car? (Just kidding) lol: