Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th September 2009, 21:23   #1
srinivas9446

Smart Suggestions Requested

ATTEN MODERATERS: REQUEST TO PUSH THIS TO APPROPRIATE SECTION , IF NEED BE !

Dear Guys,

As all of you are aware, the ANHC comes with the feature wherein the petrol tank lid has to be pressed open to fill the petrol.

Well, this has been happeining to me very often that the petrol station guys try the following things to open the lid,

1) Guy comes and keep tapping on the left left window glass to open the tank lid.

2) One guy forced me the first day i took delivery of the car to search for the lid opener inside the cabin when i was clearly telling him that it has to be pressed open.

3)WELL, this noon was the final joke, This GUY before i could get down to reach the petrol lid was trying to open the lid with a coin.....this delay happened since i was checking my mobile call and deciding to answer or no.

would anybody suggest any smart way to let the petrol guys know about this.....well i dont like to put on a sticker saying " PRESS TO OPEN "

Last edited by srinivas9446 : 5th September 2009 at 21:25.

Old 5th September 2009, 21:33   #2
BANNED

Well, IMO A small sticker is the best idea but if you don't want to do this then the very first thing you should tell Petrol Pump guys is how to open the Lid instead of which and how much fuel to fill!

All the Best,
VT
Old 5th September 2009, 21:38   #3
Senior - BHPian

Do you know Kannada? Shouldn't be that much of a problem if you do. And yeah, don' t take calls while filling up
Old 5th September 2009, 22:04   #4
BHPian

Dear Srini
Try putting a pressing palm or Thumb sticker.
If sticker is absolutely NO-NO
STOP your car in such a way that it is not very convenient for petrol bunk guy to simply reach the lid. Make him wait for you to go to him or let him come to you

...to explain how to open..

cheers
Old 5th September 2009, 22:12   #5
Senior - BHPian

well put a sticker saying "PRESS TO OPEN" should work well for them
Old 5th September 2009, 22:14   #6
srinivas9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Do you know Kannada? Shouldn't be that much of a problem if you do. And yeah, don' t take calls while filling up
Hey Rulez,

i am a HARD CORE KANNADIGA, BORN & BROUGHT UP IN THE SILICON city....i have tried so many things yaar, but these guys are mindblowing.

offlate, its become quite scary to see the fuel guage needle go down...the thought of going to fill gets me scary ....

Old 5th September 2009, 22:16   #7
srinivas9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanagg1 View Post
Dear Srini
Try putting a pressing palm or Thumb sticker.
If sticker is absolutely NO-NO
STOP your car in such a way that it is not very convenient for petrol bunk guy to simply reach the lid. Make him wait for you to go to him or let him come to you

...to explain how to open..

cheers
Hey snagg,

your suggestion is really nice....a thumb sticker on the petrol lid ! it will definitely make people on the road think what it means !

Old 5th September 2009, 22:19   #8
BHPian

you've got to put a sticker or something until the petrol pump attendants start getting used to the new model of the City.
Old 5th September 2009, 22:21   #9
BHPian

Congrats you are among the first to educate the guys at the filling stations.While in city most people prefer and stick to a bunk near home where they believe service is good. So these guys will definitely welcome other ANHC with a smile and not disturb the driver they will try and show their knowledge and finish the filling operation in a giffy.
If you are going to other new filling stations where you think they do not knot know how the lid opens just remain in your seat and when they ask you to open the lid tell them - swalpa otthi (just press) and then the next time it is kewl. And you are the pioneer. After all there is always a first time.
Cheers
Old 5th September 2009, 22:21   #10
BHPian

Stick to the same petrol pump and if possible same time, then you will be served by the same guy and once you teach him he will not bother you again.
Old 5th September 2009, 22:32   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas9446 View Post
Hey Rulez,

i am a HARD CORE KANNADIGA, BORN & BROUGHT UP IN THE SILICON city....i have tried so many things yaar, but these guys are mindblowing.

offlate, its become quite scary to see the fuel guage needle go down...the thought of going to fill gets me scary ....
Lol then I'm surprised at how dumb these attendants are. If they don't understand your instructions in Kannada, then how on earth will a sticker or something to that effect help? Looks like the only solution is for you to get out as soon as you stop and open it yourself. Solpa adjust maadi saar
Old 5th September 2009, 22:35   #12
srinivas9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajdoll View Post
Stick to the same petrol pump and if possible same time, then you will be served by the same guy and once you teach him he will not bother you again.

this suggestion is REALLY MIND BLOWING ! but difficult to stick too....i think i will try doing this.

Old 5th September 2009, 22:37   #13
srinivas9446

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Lol then I'm surprised at how dumb these attendants are. If they don't understand your instructions in Kannada, then how on earth will a sticker or something to that effect help? Looks like the only solution is for you to get out as soon as you stop and open it yourself. Solpa adjust maadi saar
ok SAAR, TRY MADITHINI ! ( I meant i will try > in kannada)

Old 6th September 2009, 01:30   #14
Senior - BHPian

Why don't you try sticking a small "PRESS TO OPEN PETROL LID" on the drivers window instead , Maybe that would help
Old 6th September 2009, 01:33   #15
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

the skoda laura fuel lid requires to be pressed twice on the left to open.

the petrol pumps i go to have figured this by now.

give it a few more months the guys at your pumps too will figure out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks