Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2009, 13:10   #16
Senior - BHPian

Its not the prettiest car out there, and surely looks like a boot pasted job, but it cant be denied that it is a very practical car. Someone who is looking for a 6 to 7 lakh sedan and gets the economy of diesel along with Maruti's peace of mind will care two hoots about looks. The Swift D was already a hit, the Dzire just added in the 3 box factor. I'm just wondering how much has the waiting period gone down now since Maruti claims they have ramped up production.
Old 11th September 2009, 13:58   #17
Senior - BHPian

dealers still say atleast 1 to 2 months for dzires diesel, and more for petrols for delivery.
Old 11th September 2009, 14:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijaythacker View Post
dealers still say atleast 1 to 2 months for dzires diesel, and more for petrols for delivery.
Anyway the waiting period will be max 3 months which is half of the waiting period than what we had earlier
Old 11th September 2009, 14:33   #19
Senior - BHPian

Maruti has the pulse of the average Indian car buyer bang on. Style is irrelevant in this segment. The trend continues with the hunchback DZire.
Old 11th September 2009, 14:49   #20
Senior - BHPian

This sales figure is quite good.I would have loved to buy this car instead of the swift D but it didnt fit in the budget.The best part about this car is it has a deisel version other wise i think i wouldn't have done that well.
Old 11th September 2009, 14:53   #21
BHPian

Practical car for the Indian families + loaded with goodies + Maruti Brand + Average Looks + Good competitive pricing

This is enough for a Good sales .

Seriously when you see the price difference btw Swift and Swift dzire -- any models difference is approximately 1 Lac rupees ( eg : Swift vdi v/s Dzire VDI) - for extra lac in terms of practicality Dzire offers extra boot space ( check out the boot space - its very good ) + VDI Dzire comes with a audio player + Keyless entry

So Maruti has understood the formula correctly and implemented and reaping good sales...
Old 11th September 2009, 15:00   #22
Senior - BHPian

Time to start the dzire spottings thread. Look here, there and they are everywhere. My lane has about 15 dzires, and maybe my colony has about 50-60 dzires!
Old 11th September 2009, 15:15   #23
BHPian

A practical car indeed - only wish it had a better designed rear !
Old 11th September 2009, 15:28   #24
BHPian

the person like me.. who wanted some fresh look.. wanted to buy dzire couldnt fullfill because of high waiting period 8 months. i then compromised my mind for swift diesel after reading good reviews even that was in waiting period of 6 months. what to do.. i had to settle for hatch.. bought swift VxI.
i Think due to this waiting period maruti lost few interested customer. otherwise this figures would have been reached long back. what say??
Old 11th September 2009, 17:14   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endofdayz View Post
the person like me.. who wanted some fresh look.. wanted to buy dzire couldnt fullfill because of high waiting period 8 months. i then compromised my mind for swift diesel after reading good reviews even that was in waiting period of 6 months. what to do.. i had to settle for hatch.. bought swift VxI.
i Think due to this waiting period maruti lost few interested customer. otherwise this figures would have been reached long back. what say??
+1 to that, this figure would have been reached way before if Maruti was able to solve the production issue of the Dzire, which was the single most deterrent for the buyers who were interested in the product.
Old 11th September 2009, 17:25   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
+1 to that, this figure would have been reached way before if Maruti was able to solve the production issue of the Dzire, which was the single most deterrent for the buyers who were interested in the product.
ugly car.sells only in india and yet it rakes in terrific numbers. then its full points to the mktg team for having sold off such a design to so many people.or is it all thanks to the fiat engine?
how far do I have to look, my cousin bought one. his need was a diesel and a sedan coz of his long distance travels. what best package could he look for with the A.S.S available wherever he goes.

Last edited by 14000rpm : 11th September 2009 at 17:26.
Old 11th September 2009, 17:43   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14000rpm View Post
ugly car.sells only in india and yet it rakes in terrific numbers. then its full points to the mktg team for having sold off such a design to so many people.or is it all thanks to the fiat engine?
how far do I have to look, my cousin bought one. his need was a diesel and a sedan coz of his long distance travels. what best package could he look for with the A.S.S available wherever he goes.
Ugly, i also felt the same when i saw the first pictures of the car

But on the insistence of my wife, i had to go to the showroom to check it out, and i found that the car was not so Ugly looking & eventually landed up booking the car.

Indeed it is not a head turner, but sales number speaks for themselves that the buyers are Value conscious, they dont pay much attention to the looks, good performance coupled with an excellent A.S.S & the result is in front of you.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 11th September 2009 at 17:44.
Old 11th September 2009, 17:50   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Ugly, i also felt the same when i saw the first pictures of the car

But on the insistence of my wife, i had to go to the showroom to check it out, and i found that the car was not so Ugly looking & eventually landed up booking the car.

Indeed it is not a head turner, but sales number speaks for themselves that the buyers are Value conscious, they dont pay much attention to the looks, good performance coupled with an excellent A.S.S & the result is in front of you.
there you go. perfect example of perfect product placement by maruti and this is exactly how they raked in the numbers.
Old 11th September 2009, 17:52   #29
Senior - BHPian

it really doesnt matter. I bet the crappiest diesel sedan would sell big numbers if they put a maruti badge on it. Thats all that matters to most people. The problem is that we judge a car on its individual merits. Which nobody else does.
Old 11th September 2009, 18:01   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
it really doesnt matter. I bet the crappiest diesel sedan would sell big numbers if they put a maruti badge on it. Thats all that matters to most people. The problem is that we judge a car on its individual merits. Which nobody else does.
Not so sure about that.
There have been instances of bad products from Maruti or those not suited to Indian auto industry not doing too well in terms of sales. Example: Versa and Zen Estilo. Even the GV doesn't selll too well, owing to lack of diesel option and not so luxurious interiors. Even the A-Star is not *that* popular as it really should have been, because of being highly unpractical.

The point is, DZire is a highly practical car. Got everything an average Indian buyer wants - FE, performance, space, A.S.S. Only question mark is the looks, but even that is compensated to an extent considering Indian buyer's fixation with Sedans.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks