Team-BHP - Maruti Suzuki manages to sell one lakh Swift Dzires
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Maruti Suzuki manages to sell one lakh Swift Dzires (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/65245-maruti-suzuki-manages-sell-one-lakh-swift-dzires.html)

Maruti Suzuki has managed to sell a lakh of Swift Dzires just 18 months after its launch in India. MSIL launched the vehicle with the same petrol-diesel combination as the Swift and priced it between Rs 4.49 lakh and Rs 6.70 lakh rupees.
The company also said that it boosted production of Dzire from 4,000 units initially to 7,000 units a month now after people were getting tired of the 6 month waiting period that existing not very long ago.

Its a great news for Dzire owners.

source:http://***************.com/

Mods please merge this thread if similar thread exists.

Dzire has been a runaway success for Maruti, i think it has surpassed TATA Indigo as the fastest selling Sedan in its segment.

4,000 * 18 = 72,000

What am I missing here?

As much as it may be a value for money sedan, I wish manufacturers make a serious attempt at not just adding boots to the hatcbacks and ensure that the ugliness is reduced as much as possible. Dont just design a boot as it would look odd howmuch ever well it is executed. The Hatch proportions and Sedan proportions design wise cannot be common.

Apparently, the MJD engine coupled with the boot and pricing has drawn people to help Maruti achieve this huge number.

Indigo Vista will be out and I have a strong feeling that it would still look Odd.

This is overwhelmingly domestic sales as very little of Dzire/SX4 is exported. So this makes an average of around 6K per month, which is a lot more than Esteem ever perhaps managed to achieved. High oil prices and diesel made all the difference.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vasudeva (Post 1477044)
This is overwhelmingly domestic sales as very little of Dzire/SX4 is exported. So this makes an average of around 6K per month, which is a lot more than Esteem ever perhaps managed to achieved. High oil prices and diesel made all the difference.

+1 to this. Dizre sells at an average of 6k per month. please check the Model specific sales figs thread

Somehow the Dezire does'nt excite me, Already the car is CRAMPED to the core, which made few of my cousins sell their barely year old Swifts for a bit spacious cars.

And adding a boot its made the car hugely ugly, mis-proportionate.

The dezire is selling, only because of the Maruti badging and the Fiat engine. Any other car maker would have done this, the car would have been an utter failure.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 1477065)
Somehow the Dezire does'nt excite me, Already the car is CRAMPED to the core, which made few of my cousins sell their barely year old Swifts for a bit spacious cars.

The dezire is selling, only because of the Maruti badging and the Fiat engine. Any other car maker would have done this, the car would have been an utter failure.

Is the dezire an 'Indian market only' car? or does it get exported?

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14000rpm (Post 1477083)
Is the dezire an 'Indian market only' car? or does it get exported?

It is specific to India Model, as far as my knowledge goes.

This is really surprising. Pre-Launch, We (me inclusive) were blasting it for its looks. And how it would bomb horribly for its looks alone.
So whats the lesson leant? : Consumers don't go for looks anymore ? OR
No one can predict what will sell and what won't.

In that segment, it is definately better looking than any of its competitors. so what are those
1) indigo - dzire looks better.
2) ikon - it is ages old and i personally like its model to be changed(again dzire better looking)
3) accent - no comments.
4) logan - no brainer which looks better(again my personal opinion)

so it is not just like that it has become a hit. nor is it that people dont mind the looks. i guess it is a combination of everything and the "MARUTI" tag that has made the difference. Dzire is a somber looking car.. nothing jazzy or drop dead looks. plus it's practicality and prize.

fait also could have relaunched petra with the same diesel engine - do u think it would have become a hit ?? i dont think so !!

I know some people who have bought the Dzire. The space is ok for them. Not everyone is 6 feet and built big. For them it was Maruti with a diesel and a boot. Majority of people buy cars for transportation not for excitement.

Quote:

The simple reason is that this car is VFM. All cars have some +ves and some -ves. The Dzire has managed to get the best compromise for the customers in this price range.

As far as i am concerned it gives me fantastic economy coupled with performance. Thanks to Fiat:D

For someone who is on a tight budget and wanting to get his first car (= me), that too a sedan, Maruti offers a VFM package. Since it is going to be my first car, I want it to be Maruti as it is ingrained in my brains that Maruti has the least maintenance cost in India. I can get it serviced anywhere and any mechanic worth his salt would be able to open up a Maruti and tinker around (although I am not sure whether this holds true now with the technological advancements).

If someone like me wants to get a sedan for less than 6L (on road), I just don't have any other choice, do I? The Accent and Ikons are old models now and a Verna or Linea would not fit in the budget. What remains is Indigo and Logan and DZire would score over both of them on multiple points.

Quote:

Exactly. but who else knows Indian minds correctly? I doubt.

Everyone out there was claiming this as the ugliset of the lot. (Including me!!!) But see the verdict from public. Proves how much VFM it is for us. :thumbs up