Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 08:03   #1
BHPian

Skoda Fabia 1.2 57000 offer

hey guys i had tracked down on i20/punto 1.4/fabia 1.2

now that fabia is given this HUUUUGE offer of 57000 as read in todays newspaper isnt it a very good deal? What do u guys say? Is it worth?

Is there any worse complaints about the fabia? shall i go ahead?

Onroad Prices Cochin
i20 - 530000
Punto 1.4 Dynamic - 525000
Fabia 1.2 Active - 490000 (Original Price)
Old 16th September 2009, 08:24   #2
BHPian

If you are buying Fabia please do check the year and month of manufacture. There is atleast one report in the forum about selling a year old Fabia. Further Fabia has not been produced for the past 2 - 3 months and is suffering from poor sales.

Knowing Skoda, its dealers and their practices and having been a victim myself, there is a good chance they may be pushing you an older vehicle.

Cheers,
Old 16th September 2009, 08:30   #3
Senior - BHPian

Sam, you might want to check the ownership records and experiences with Skoda around TBHP before even considering that.

If it were me, would probably stick to i20/Punto even with the discount.
Old 16th September 2009, 09:46   #4
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Fabia 1.2 is a good car,

The Deal is a very very good deal.

Check the year and month of manufacturing and that this is not a Demo car (offer available on multiple cars then that aspect is safe) Warranty on car is improved as well as that on the Spares also service intervals are now 15,000 kms on all skoda cars.

BUT Skoda does have service issues with certain dealiers, am not aware how the cochin dealer is. Yes they as a company too have not acted fairly (in think) in some disputed cases but the chances of that happening now and to you are fairly low.

Fabia would get you an exclusive car, if something does go wrong maintenance would be higher, but if the car itself is bought cheaper it is worth it.

Overall Fabia prices would probably come down with the start of local manufacturing at the VW plant as well as te arrival of the Polo.
Old 16th September 2009, 10:29   #5
BHPian

Well Fabia 1.2 is a fabulous car. Smooth and worth the money! BUT the A.S.S is what makes Skoda cars a nightmare.

One-off indicent: One of my friends had got a Fabia (pre-owned - 1 year with 15K kms on ODO). It was a nightmare for him maintaining this car. Finally he had to sell it. Ofcourse, since its a pre-owned car, we wouldnt know how good/bad it was maintained by the first owner.

I would suggest, you look at Punto or i20.

Advantages: i20 -> good car with nice and elegant interiors. Performance of the Kappa engine is equally good to other 1.2s available in the market. Hyundai is well known for its A.S.S. You will sure get peace of mind with Hyundai.

Punto -> A good car and a sure eye turner. Good (if not superb) engine to compliment the looks. But the A.S.S can be categorized any where in between Skoda S.C & Hyundai SC.

Please do consider Swift VDi/VXi (model with ABS). I am sure you would not regred choosing maruthi decision.

Thanks, Arun
Old 16th September 2009, 10:34   #6
BHPian

here is where you can check the year of manufacturing of any VW brand , but first get the VIN number of the car, in Fabia its on the left bottom side of the windshield VW Group VIN Decoder ENJOY!!!
Old 16th September 2009, 11:43   #7
BHPian

Fabia classic 1.4 lt Diesel is 6.38lacs on road promo price (HYD)discount of around 57K . What is the mileage ?
Old 16th September 2009, 13:16   #8
VEA
BHPian

Marikar motors isn't too bad compared to the experiences of some others here. But they do suffer from overloading which is the common cause of all these problems. The dealer isn't any worse than other car dealers in the city, except may be the MB, Audi. BMW dealers. We have bought and serviced a superb, octavia etc earlier and it was an ok experience.

Now, about the car, the fabia is excellent. The petrol fabia will make a fine car, the diesel is bit loud to be honest. But it can easily do 800-1000 kms in one filling. None of the other cars you have mentioned here can beat it in terms of build, ride and luxury. Its infact a class apart. I guess you will also get a steering wheel with reach adjustment too in the model you mentioned, which makes it easy to find a good driving position.

My brother owns the elegence diesel and it has had a problem. the a/c blower or some part of it was making a sound, something like a drum beat. The diesel engine itself is loud and to hear this beating sound above the engine noise was very irritating. the dealer doubted it was a manufacturing defect after trying to fix it a few times, but finally Skoda intevened and somehow the problem is fixed.
Old 16th September 2009, 14:00   #9
BHPian

My fabia 1.4 Elegence petrol is one and half year old so far with no big problem. Engine sometime under powered in 2nd and 3rd gear with A/C which Marikar tried to solve it but it is still there sometime but much better. The build quality is as good as VW GOlf. Everything rest is very good about this car.
I heard that they stoped manufactuaring this particular model.
Old 16th September 2009, 14:21   #10
Senior - BHPian

Sam why don't you confuse in selecting a car.
Just rid off from Skoda and buy either i20 or Punto.
This will be safe bet.
Old 16th September 2009, 15:17   #11
Senior - BHPian

If you can live with the A.S.S the deal is good for fabia.
However i will suggest an i20 from the lot.
Old 16th September 2009, 16:04   #12
BHPian

i bought a blue i20 Asta and its an AWESOME car. Fabia was a good contender till the last minute but I backed out due to high initial & maintenance costs and poor service.
Old 16th September 2009, 16:21   #13
ashwinpak

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy View Post
i bought a blue i20 Asta and its an AWESOME car. Fabia was a good contender till the last minute but I backed out due to high initial & maintenance costs and poor service.
Is it only my observation that, more often than not, good cars come with bad A.S.S. and bad (read not-so-good) cars come with good A.S.S? Sorry state of affairs, I feel.

Old 16th September 2009, 16:28   #14
BHPian

If pressed hard , you may get 60-65k discount from Skdoda. But I think its not always about the discounts and gooodies..ofcourse who doesnt like discounts, offers etc..
But before you fall for these things , consider other and very important factors like reliability , driving pleasure , A.S.S. etc.

On the other hand ,there are people who own skodas and are happy with it.

The cars that you mentioned are from the same category ( hatchbacks), wondering why Fiat and Huenday not offering HUGE discounts like Skoda.

If i20 is in your budget , I think you should own it . That car looks really nice.
Old 16th September 2009, 17:21   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwinpak View Post
Is it only my observation that, more often than not, good cars come with bad A.S.S. and bad (read not-so-good) cars come with good A.S.S? Sorry state of affairs, I feel.
You mean to say all Maruti's & Hyundai's are "not so good"??

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks