Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2009, 15:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
Why cant we have a manufacturer give either 10 years or life time warranty for their cars! why dont they make cars that are reliable? reliable to sustain on indian roads!
If only they did. Its not practical for them to give a lifetime warranty. Wear and tear of mechanical parts are bound to happen.
This is business after all, isn't it?

The Xylo does come with A/T as standard

Last edited by beejay : 20th October 2009 at 15:39. Reason: The Xylo...
Old 20th October 2009, 17:39   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeep sharma View Post
well out of curiosity i just wanted to ask more about this offer from mahindra, and also if anyone knows more about this warranty offer for xylo please share...
Xylo usually comes with a 2-year/50,000km warranty. The 4-year/100,000km "shield" extended warranty costs Rs 10,999 if purchased within 30-days of buying a new Xylo (the cost increases after that, but don't know how much).

The current offer from M&M is that if you buy a Xylo between Sep 1st and Oct 31st, you get the 4-year/100,000 KM warranty as standard. The warranty terms are same as the usual factory warranty you get with any new car (normal wear & tear excluded etc).

Let me know if you are looking for anything specific and I will see if it is available in the warranty terms. I booked my Xylo (E8 ABS) on Sep 5th and took delivery on Sep 9th. Paid for the extended warranty at the time of delivery, but it was refunded when the offer was announced the next week.

Clocked 2700KM on the odo till now, and am appreciating the vehicle more and more with time.

Cheers,
Teja
Old 20th October 2009, 17:50   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
.... And limited period or not, Mahindra is the only one to offer this as standard at the moment. The next best is the Innova with a 3 year / 100,000 km warranty.
I guess you can add Honda to the list. They offer 2 years std warranty + 2 years extended warranty. But since you can not opt out of extended warranty, it is pretty much like a full 4 years std warranty. Infact that makes Honda as a first in the longest duration warranty. And they top it up with four year's off-road assistance as well!
Old 20th October 2009, 19:46   #19
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpyder View Post
I guess you can add Honda to the list. They offer 2 years std warranty + 2 years extended warranty. But since you can not opt out of extended warranty, it is pretty much like a full 4 years std warranty. Infact that makes Honda as a first in the longest duration warranty. And they top it up with four year's off-road assistance as well!
Are the 2+2s standard on all their cars? If so, well hats off to them too. Its only a matter of time before 4 - 5 year warranties become standard across the board.
Old 20th October 2009, 20:02   #20
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I think this is an excellent initiative from Mahindra - especially considering the target segment for the Xylo. It will build higher value for their consumers and foster significant loyalty to the brand as well.
Good Going M&M!!
Old 20th October 2009, 22:59   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Are the 2+2s standard on all their cars? If so, well hats off to them too. Its only a matter of time before 4 - 5 year warranties become standard across the board.
I guess so. Jazz has it. Saw a Civic ad a couple of days ago declaring the same and City as well. Not sure about Accord and CRV.
Old 28th October 2009, 11:46   #22
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess the Honda's & Toyota's don't really need the 2+2 warranty and the TATA's, M&M's, Skodas, VW's, & the premium one like Merc, BMW, Audi do.

Also on the Maruti and Hyundai it does not matter that much as the reliability is decent and cost of spares low.
Old 28th October 2009, 15:21   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
I guess the Honda's & Toyota's don't really need the .
ACM, Why is that Honda and Toyota needn't offer 2+2 warranty? They already sell in their respective segments at much higher prices than their competitors. They should have taken the initiative to do this.
Not a company that sells a VFM product.
Old 3rd November 2009, 10:36   #24
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by beejay View Post
ACM, Why is that Honda and Toyota needn't offer 2+2 warranty? They already sell in their respective segments at much higher prices than their competitors. They should have taken the initiative to do this.
Not a company that sells a VFM product.
I guess the point didn't come across, The honda's and toyota's owners dont really need the 2+2 year warranty as nothing every goes wrong in those cars for the first 5 years.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks