Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2009, 12:18   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mahindra Xylo – Now with a 4 year warranty

Indian auto major Mahindra is now offering a 4 year or 1,00,000 km warranty on the Xylo for a limited period from 1st September '09 to 31st October '09. Details in PDF attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Xylo4Sure.pdf (373.9 KB, 687 views)
Old 16th September 2009, 12:25   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

I've always believed that the manufacturer's warranty is indicative of the brand's confidence in their own product. Good job Mahindra! Even Hyundai offers 5 year warranties now, albeit as an extended option. Competition will dictate everyone else to follow suit and before we know it, 4 - 5 year standard warranties will become the norm.
Old 16th September 2009, 12:30   #3
BHPian

But, why is it limited to just two months? Perhaps they are not that confident after all!
Old 16th September 2009, 12:38   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapezio View Post
But, why is it limited to just two months? Perhaps they are not that confident after all!
Its not about confidence.

May be it's a diwali offer to lure more customers.
Old 16th September 2009, 12:43   #5
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

This is one offer that will keep getting extended for sure.

They are cant keep it just for 3 months.
Old 16th September 2009, 13:54   #6
Senior - BHPian

This is Mahindra's con-fidence!! Diwali offer without any real confidence.
Its 4yrs/1lakh kms.
Old 16th September 2009, 13:57   #7
Senior - BHPian

thats a wonderful offer !

a 4 year 1 lakh kms warranty talks volumes about the confidence of the manufacturer in the product just like GTO has noted.
Old 16th September 2009, 14:17   #8
Senior - BHPian

I think the first to avail this is H3LIOS; he has booked one with extended warranty but they returned back the warranty amount.
Old 16th September 2009, 15:02   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

C'mon guys, odds are that this special offer will become standard anyways. And limited period or not, Mahindra is the only one to offer this as standard at the moment. The next best is the Innova with a 3 year / 100,000 km warranty.

Last edited by GTO : 16th September 2009 at 15:03.
Old 16th September 2009, 21:03   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante View Post
Its not about confidence.

May be it's a diwali offer to lure more customers.

Nice timing i must say. Diwali offering sounds logical. Also gives a test marketing scope of how it will be accepted with additional warranty , so you can always extend it and make it std,.
Old 20th September 2009, 14:42   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Got this as an email forward from a friend. I guess this may be one of the reasons M&M has more confidence in the Xylo now than they did before.

Quote:
This has reference telecom with you on 24th June 2009. I give below the gist of my journey to Leh for publishing in your journal and for using in your promos –

I have purchased Xylo E-4 from ******* Automobiles, ***** on 27th April, 2009. I do not know how the thought of going to Leh came in my mind but I got a feeling that Laddakh was calling me. I spoke to my family... and on hearing the plan they were very excited and readily approved the plan. I went through the internet and gather as much information as I can about the roads, place, temperature, best time to visit, essential items to carry, medicines, where to stay in between.
I have decided the route as Noida-Chandigarh-Manali-Keylong-Leh-Srinagar-Jammu-Noida. I had not much experience of driving Diesel vehicle that too big (earlier I have a Santro) , so first I decided to go to Mussorrie by Xylo. On 12th June, we started from Noida to Leh at 1700 HRS halting at Chandigarh. The next day we started for Manali at 0800 HRS and reached Manali. at 1800 HRS. We stayed at Manali on 13th night and proceeded for Leh on 14th morning 0630 HRS. We reached Rohtang pass around 1130 HRS. Most of the roads are in very bad shape and broken. We had breakfast and some photos in Rohtang and then proceeded for Keylong which is approx 119 KMs from Manali. I chose Keylong for two reasons as it is only 400 mtrs below than Leh and there is not much dearth of oxygen as compared to Sarchu or Pang. From Keylong to Leh, it is 364 KMs and I decided to cover the distance in one day so we woke up early and started the journey on15h morning at 0550 HRS. The route from Keylong to Leh is breathtaking. There were very rough patches as well as very good stretches also came. The last fuelling point was at Tandi before Keylong where we got 15 litres diesel and there was no petrol pump before Leh and due to thin air and climbing the mountains in 1st or 2 gear, the average come down drastically, so we carried diesel in can from Manali. It took us 15 hours from Keylong to Leh and we crossed so many mountain passes i.e. Barachala (16500 feet) , Nakeela (15547 Feet), Lachungla (16616 feet), Tanglangla (17582 feet) which are one of the highest motorable roads in the world. We also crossed Chagla Pass (17586 feet) ) enroute Pangong Lake (which falls in India0China border) through the thick snowfall. In fact, out of 30 vehicles, only 10 vehicles could reach to this lake including my Xylo. We could not reach Khardungla (K-Top) as there was heavy snowfall and we had to return after traveling 26 kms route (out of of 39 kms) as Army did not allow to move the vehicles further.

On returning, we came through Leh-Kargil-Drass-Zozila Pass-Sonmarg-Srinagar-Jammu-Pathankot-Noida. Zozi-la Pass is also tough to cross. The entire route was full of excitement, thrilling, adventurous, snow laded mountains with a memorable scenic beauty hardly to find anywhere. I travelled 3314 KMs in 10 days and crossed toughest and highest roads in between. I have all the praise for XYLO which has not given my any trouble and this is my first visit of this kind. I had never undertaken any such journey throughout in my life. My determination and XYLO made it possible. On the way, so many vehicles struck up in the water, ice but this vehicle has given me no complaint at all. I can say that I am a proud owner of XYLO.

I enclose herewith few photographs for your reference. . For more pics. Please let me know, the same will be forwarded to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Xylo – Now with a 4 year warranty-dsc02018__small_.jpg  

Mahindra Xylo – Now with a 4 year warranty-dsc02161__small_.jpg  

Mahindra Xylo – Now with a 4 year warranty-mah02158_1___small_.jpg  

Mahindra Xylo – Now with a 4 year warranty-mah02158_2___small_.jpg  

Mahindra Xylo – Now with a 4 year warranty-mah02158_3___small_.jpg  

Old 20th September 2009, 15:20   #12
BHPian

Well guys, it is good the M&M gives 4 years warranty with the Xylo.

But my question is why arent all manufacturers not confident of their products? Why cant we have a manufacturer give either 10 years or life time warranty for their cars! why dont they make cars that are reliable? reliable to sustain on indian roads!

Do these guys think we customers are puch bags who would change their cars every 3-4 years?

We can have a comprehensive warranty for the first 4 years followed by engine, transmission, gear box warranty for the next 6 years.

Guys, do you feel I am asking too much from car manufacturers in India? Please enlighten me.
Old 21st September 2009, 20:24   #13
BHPian

Giving 4 years warranty is good news! I hope other manufacturers follow likewise.

However, this might make car-modding owners think twice before they do any warranty-voiding modifications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantX View Post
But my question is why arent all manufacturers not confident of their products? Why cant we have a manufacturer give either 10 years or life time warranty for their cars! why dont they make cars that are reliable? reliable to sustain on indian roads!
Well, I think the main reason is because "Indian Roads" is a subjective term. No doubt there has been a proliferation of good highways in the the last 5 years or so, but there are still stretches of highway (even on the GQ) where the road more like a single lane dirt track.

Living in Mumbai, I cannot even begin describing the pathetic state of roads here. Even if by chance the quality of road is good, there are concrete divider blocks which get dislodged and protrude onto the road or open manholes with (if you are lucky) a few twigs/branches poking out of it to let you know.
Old 20th October 2009, 13:20   #14
sandeep sharma

Is it worth it?

well out of curiosity i just wanted to ask more about this offer from mahindra, and also if anyone knows more about this warranty offer for xylo please share...

Old 20th October 2009, 13:53   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Got this as an email forward from a friend. I guess this may be one of the reasons M&M has more confidence in the Xylo now than they did before.
I think even this was happening there were Xylo'S criss crossing the country in North - South and East to West trip trying to set Speed records. So I guess MM is confident that things wont go wrong too much with the Xylo. Another testimony to Xylo's sturdiness is that it has almost taken over the Ladakhi Taxi Union.

P.s: Just remembered XYLO's come with A/T tyres as standard.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks