Team-BHP - Alert against new auto theft strategy in India
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Alert against new auto theft strategy in India (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/6557-alert-against-new-auto-theft-strategy-india.html)

This only applies to those cars which have a key/lock mechanism on the fuel filler.

I recently heard that thieves break open the fuel filler lid and take it to a locksmith to have a key made. Armed with a key, they return the next day and drive away the stolen car with ease.

So if your car has a lock type fuel lid, take the necessary precautions when you see your lid missing.

On a side note, I very very strongly recommend gearlocks / steering-to-clutch locks.

GTO

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
[]

I recently heard that thieves break open the fuel filler lid and take it to a locksmith to have a key made. Armed with a key, they return the next day and drive away the stolen car with ease.

GTO

hehe,
this is nothing new,it sbeen happening since many years.but most new cars dont have a key to the fuel filler lid.

also its better to have a switch fo r the ignition system mabbe inside the car at a secret location,likeinside the glovebox,under the seats, or mabbe in the boot o r anywhere else inside the car..
so you can just break the circuit when u leave your car unguarded.

had this on my splendor,under the rear mud guard :p .

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
This only applies to those cars which have a key/lock mechanism on the fuel filler.

On a side note, I very very strongly recommend gearlocks / steering-to-clutch locks.

GTO

I went to get a gear lock for the car but the shopkeeper said fixing a gearlock will need drilling the floor of th ecar.?.Is it true?..I thought he was bluffing and so didnt go ahead.

Quote:

Originally Posted by artofzen
I went to get a gear lock for the car but the shopkeeper said fixing a gearlock will need drilling the floor of th ecar.?.Is it true?..I thought he was bluffing and so didnt go ahead.

When I asked for the gearlock with the shopkeeper in Bangalore, he said "Why do you need that Bangalore? Only Delhi/Mumbai people need that, cars don't get stolen in Bangalore".

Yes this is a very old trick these robbers have.It happened to my car ages ago the fuel tank lid was stolen my driver got the entire lock nd key thing changed in the car, it think it was an esteem or something cant remember.So the next time ur fuel lids gone dont think some1 did it to steal ur petrol, its done to steal u r entire tank plus the car!

Quote:

Originally Posted by artofzen

Yes thats true..

but gear lock saved my car once... so i guess its worth a drill

Is the COBRA security from Autocop any good?

Have the cobra on my ford, at best does its job. Mine just has an engine immobiliser but the autocop XS on my honda and zen have more features like impact sensors, glass break sensors (i think its called ultrasonic sensors)... I think autocop cobra also has these features on the high end models. But i have to say this, i hate the looks of the cobra remotes.