Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 18:37   #61
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajands View Post
Hyundai is loosing ground quickly, people are going to shift to cedia or chevy optra cdri and new city. IK dont understand what joy hyundai gets by killing the only good brand that it has apart from the already dead getz crdi.
Common folks will not shift easily to a Chevy/Mitsu wihich is having a pathetic service network !
Old 29th September 2009, 19:49   #62
tez
BHPian

i am damn sure, ppl around would not notice that the car has drum brakes instead of discs and even if they do , i think they will just ignore. After all you are getting is alloys and bling bling. ABS is still considered as not required by general junta. Hyundai will still sell verna with rear drum brakes without any murmur being heard.
Old 30th September 2009, 13:46   #63
BHPian

fyi, how about Fortuner without disc brakes in the rear? Yes, such a oddly proportioned vehicle, with 3l at its disposal comes with drum in the rear. The foremost reason, I do not want to even consider that vehicle. Just couldnt understand these automobile people, very unpredictable.

I believe, as someone mentioned, I thought only ABS Verna comes with all wheel disc brakes.
Old 1st October 2009, 17:25   #64
BHPian

Just a thought here. When Hyundai thought differently and offered all disc brakes in Verna no body seemed to have gone ga-ga over it. There was no thread bothering about it nor any appreciation for it. We had taken it for granted? But now that Hyundai wants to do some cost-cutting and joins the herd who offer disk + drum in their ABS models there is some serious bashing. No body would have thought nor would there have been a separate thread if Hyundai had offered Disc+ Drum in their ABS version from Day one.We team-bhpians (including me) have shown the 'aam junta' attitude of only finding faults but no appreciation that it had given that option until now. Atleast, that is how I felt it, until now. ABS on my Verna has saved me quite a few times but I had not given serious thought of the advantage I had over other cars of similar class.

Also, does anybody have any info on how much of an impact does this change have on the stopping distance? Has anybody done a test to check the break. I am sure there might not be much (there would definitely be a difference though) or atleast should be acceptable.
Old 1st October 2009, 18:22   #65
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWind View Post
Just a thought here. When Hyundai thought differently and offered all disc brakes in Verna no body seemed to have gone ga-ga over it. There was no thread bothering about it nor any appreciation for it. We had taken it for granted? But now that Hyundai wants to do some cost-cutting and joins the herd who offer disk + drum in their ABS models there is some serious bashing. No body would have thought nor would there have been a separate thread if Hyundai had offered Disc+ Drum in their ABS version from Day one.
A valid point you have there. I too feel that as a pioneering Indian automotive community, we need to be appreciative of any world class features being offered by a manufacturer over their competitors in the Indian car market, and try to highlight products with such features to new car buyers in the "What Car" section. A lot of times we suggest options to new car buyers solely based on their budgets and needs and never try to educate them about newer safety features like ABS, EBD, Airbags, Disc Brakes, Height adjustable seat belts, etc. available on a lot of newer cars. It is up to Team-BHP to promote better and safer features offered by any manufacturer in India, so that other manufacturers too take note and upgrade their products to stay ahead in the race, and the customer remains an enlightened King.
Old 1st October 2009, 18:59   #66
BHPian

hi guys...
am extremely sorry, that I made a false statement here.. that I have all four disc brakes on my verna sx ABS. Its true that it have drum brakes at the rear. Also I consulted the dealer and they said, there is no such version with 4 disc brakes+ABS, but 4 disc brakes were available on the previous sx version only.
Anyway, if i made a confusion, I'm sorry for that..
In fact I didn't feel any discomfort or skid - tendency when I put sudden brakes at 120-130 kmph on the NH (alleppy to cochin). I got two chances to test my ABS and in both, it worked perfect.. and I'm more in love with my car now
Old 1st October 2009, 19:11   #67
BHPian

Good that you are happy with your car Aneesh, what more a person wants between, i love your signature, nice thought.
Old 1st October 2009, 19:43   #68
BHPian

Thnx Balaji.. I alway keep that in mind

cheers

Most Viewed