Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2005, 15:25   #1
Team-BHP Support

Petrol pump strike Alert!

From 18th July 6am onwards all petrol pumps are going to close for a nationwide indefinate strike. So better to tank up. One question though, will the company owned pumps also close down?
Old 14th July 2005, 16:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

any reason why they are going on strike?

i don't think that company owned petrol pumps will be closed, but you can expect high rush there as media will make a big issue out of it & people will run to pumps like crazy
Old 14th July 2005, 16:13   #3
Senior - BHPian

RX, "the sooth sayer", forecasts that, it is not going to last for long. They will come to some quick solution. Of course, black marketeers are warming up in anticipation
Old 14th July 2005, 16:17   #4
Team-BHP Support

They want comissions to be increased. Also they want the ability to test tankers as they come in and reject them if fuel is not as good etc., But main issue is increase in commission to 5% from the 1-2% they get now.
Old 14th July 2005, 16:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
They want comissions to be increased. Also they want the ability to test tankers as they come in and reject them if fuel is not as good etc., But main issue is increase in commission to 5% from the 1-2% they get now.
oh i had came across some article where petrol pump owners were complaining for it.
their claim was giving free stuff like AIR (?) can't remember other hampers their commision :WTF:

also don't forget when we fill petrol the little amount remaining is going into pump owners pocket
e.g. if you fill petrol worth Rs100 then the actual amount comes to somewhere say 99.83Rs then those extra 17 paise are going to owners pocket & multiply it with the no. of vechicals coming in everyday.
Old 14th July 2005, 17:35   #6
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
But hadn't they dont that a couple of weeks back ? Atleast in bombay I know it had happened. Boy, talk about holding people for ransom !
Old 14th July 2005, 20:52   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adya33
oh i had came across some article where petrol pump owners were complaining for it.
their claim was giving free stuff like AIR (?) can't remember other hampers their commision :WTF:

also don't forget when we fill petrol the little amount remaining is going into pump owners pocket
e.g. if you fill petrol worth Rs100 then the actual amount comes to somewhere say 99.83Rs then those extra 17 paise are going to owners pocket & multiply it with the no. of vechicals coming in everyday.
Dude it never happens here im bombay if u say you want 100 bucks of fuel thats what you get and just think about it whats 1% of 47.xx ruppess thats 47 paise to a liter of petrol *** thats all they earn in comparison to light bills,workers salary,maintainance bills they eat a hole out of the owners profits.
Free air comes from where dude ??? from a compressor what runs a compressor electricty,who pays for electricity of the compressor??nto the company but the owner and what about maintaniance of the compressor.

I think they are totally justified just imagine when other traders go on strike doesnt that affect every one and its not all the petrol pumps thats gonna be shut youll still get pure fuel at the same rate from company owned company operated pumps

Last edited by libre sito : 14th July 2005 at 20:57.
Old 14th July 2005, 21:05   #8
BHPian

News just in guys the strike has been called off so take a chill and stop cursing the poor petrol pump owners they are penalised the most from every side.
Old 14th July 2005, 21:26   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
just think about it whats 1% of 47.xx ruppess thats 47 paise to a liter of petrol *** thats all they earn in comparison to light bills,workers salary,maintainance bills they eat a hole out of the owners profits.
at the same time remember how much they are selling (quantity)
petrol pumps is a quantity driven business they don't sell 10lts of petrol each day but rather thousands of litres of fuel (not to mention other things like oils etc)

and i have never supported any sort of strike & I don't think that making other people suffer is a way to get your demands fulfilled

@libre sito: thank you for that info
Old 14th July 2005, 21:49   #10
BHPian

dude just a correction they get 65 paise to a litre not a % of the fuel they sell any ways they do about 2k liters a day in my area and that means all he is earning is 1300 a day thats 9100 in a week thats 36400 in a month and how many people actually buy oil at the petrol pump most of them get the oil changing at their local garages and oil is mostly given off at loads of discount dont forget hes got to run the petrol pump as well as his own house.

Last edited by libre sito : 14th July 2005 at 21:51.
Old 14th July 2005, 23:24   #11
BHPian

Bangalore petrol pumps are really sick. I filled up in couple of places in bangalore and my engine experienced lot of knocking.
The petrol pumps are dirty and doesnt look neat either. They are like the odd highway pumps that are there mainly to cheat.
Most of them dont have water, air etc.,
They will advertise xtrapremium/speed in the front and inside they will say there is no stock! blah blah!
On top of that there are not much 24hrs pumps either. That is even worse!
Old 15th July 2005, 10:28   #12
BHPian

all i would say is alert the company it will give you the best results

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks