Team-BHP - Discount on Captiva ex-showroom now at 17.86 lakhs
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Discount on Captiva ex-showroom now at 17.86 lakhs (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/65697-discount-captiva-ex-showroom-now-17-86-lakhs.html)

With todays newspaper ad it has been confirmed that Chevrolet Captiva is coming with a huge discount. New discounted price is 17.86 Lakhs ex-showroom. Pictures below speaks everything.

Discount on Captiva ex-showroom now at 17.86 lakhs-17citpg50l.jpg

Discount on Captiva ex-showroom now at 17.86 lakhs-image_002.jpg

Discount on Captiva ex-showroom now at 17.86 lakhs-image_001.jpg

Lets welcome the begging of good times for Indian SUV segment. First the Endeavour A/T as good price and now Captiva. These are side effects of Fortuner. If it wasn't there the next upgrades of Safari and scorpio would have touched the 15 to 17 Lakhs territory.

Mods: I posted a new thread as this could be useful to many, but if you feel then do merge the thread to an appropriate one with edit of title.

Great news... Now if only Honda learns its lesson and responds..

Is is the beginning of a sales disaster for captiva 2WD that they are giving a discount of 2,20,000 on the ex-jaipur price?

Typical GM fashion, the residual values will crash.

Yes Sid, its not good for the current owners, specially the ones who bought recently. I don't know what explaination would the dealer give for this.

Is it nationwide or just in Jaipur? If only in Jaipur then it could be a test drive vehicle.

Worried about the Fortuner eh? Well let it begin (the price wars) high time we, the consumers, gained for a change.

Captiva was launched at a Price Tag of Rs. 18.66L in 2008.
Prices in 2009 increased by around 1L i.e.: 19.64L
And Now reduced by 2L i.e.: 17.66Lclap:
This price seems to reduce further by 1L more in my opinion.:D

well for sure seems fortuner effect and these discounts are on 2WD Captiva's and should be around the country and not just jaipur.

Just when things got hot, the heat is turned on more.
Time to go SUV hunting I guess.

GM apparently is also working out the CKD route for the Captiva.
Could it be that this is a measure to gather interest and then have suffiecent word-of-mouth spreading before the CKD version is launched?
While it could possibly be a step to reduce inventory before the CKD launch, I somehow feel it is too early for that.
What say people?

Good news, so they are targetting it at the fortuner price itself. Bad news for recent buyers, but they actually need to go a further 1L down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by oops (Post 1489672)
This price seems to reduce further by 1L more in my opinion.:D

I agree - or at least add on a proper 4x4 with 4L at this price.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ym-enjn (Post 1489501)
Is it nationwide or just in Jaipur? If only in Jaipur then it could be a test drive vehicle.

Its nationwide, I read about this on another forum as well.

GM's Blunder. They will never learn how to market in the Indian Market. From Opel Astra, Forester, Spark, Capativa all diasters. Launch the products with high price, then later reduces the prices. Customers have already lost faith in GM. Only saving grace is the Tavera due to lack of competition.

Now with Cruze and Beat launch, hope they are getting the price right.

this is good news, they have priced it below Endy AT too.

Wonder what are the specs of this version !

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanwaramit (Post 1490170)
this is good news, they have priced it below Endy AT too.

Wonder what are the specs of this version !

If I'm not mistaken, this is the 4x2 version so still way more than the Endy 4x2.......

Quote:

Originally Posted by suman (Post 1490182)
If I'm not mistaken, this is the 4x2 version so still way more than the Endy 4x2.......

Yep way more than the Endy 4X2, plus the auto Captiva which has the 4X4 is the one that needs discounting and hold appeal over the thunder endy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACM (Post 1490196)
the auto Captiva which has the 4X4 is the one that needs discounting and hold appeal over the thunder endy.

Very true & that one doesn't even have the 4L! Its just a full time AWD