Team-BHP - BMW X1: Will it be BMW India's bestseller?!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   BMW X1: Will it be BMW India's bestseller?! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/65711-bmw-x1-will-bmw-indias-bestseller.html)

Note from Mod : Please continue the discussion in the BMW X1 Test Drive Thread. Thanks

BMW officially previewed the new X1 SUV in Frankfurt 2009!
If it comes to our shores,it will be a shot in the arm for SUV crazy India.
A BMW softroader, at 3 series prices(hopefully!)
I think it has the potential to be a big hit in India!
In Europe, the X1 will be offered with three diesels, ranging from the 1.8-liter four-cylinder with 143 horsepower and 236 lb-ft. of torque to a 2.3-liter four-cylinder with 204 horsepower and 295 lb-ft. of torque.
BMW X1: Will it be BMW India's bestseller?!-bmwx13.jpg

BMW X1: Will it be BMW India's bestseller?!-bmwx140.jpg

BMW X1: Will it be BMW India's bestseller?!-bmwx135.jpg

BMW X1: Will it be BMW India's bestseller?!-bmwx115.jpg

Audi is assembling the Q5 here from March'10, I guess BMW will gauge the response of the Q5 before launching the X1. Although having both the X1 & X3 here will be a tricky situation. Ideally if BMW can price the X1 @ 30lakhs and X3 @ 40 lakhs they both would help grow this new segment of compact premium SUVs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1489745)
Audi is assembling the Q5 here from March'10, I guess BMW will gauge the response of the Q5 before launching the X1. Although having both the X1 & X3 here will be a tricky situation. Ideally if BMW can price the X1 @ 30lakhs and X3 @ 40 lakhs they both would help grow this new segment of compact premium SUVs.

I don't see the X3 sales growing any further coz the X1 seems to handle most of the job the X3 did. Snob value of the beemer and the SUV image.
plus the X3 looks ugly anyway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sahil (Post 1489745)

these SUV's have been around for years. X3 and X5. they are trying to make them more upmarket. i mean they will redesign the X3 (facelift or new design) thats what i hear.

so it will be like this. X1 has almost the same dimensions as the X3 just a little bit smaller. so it will be priced closer to X3 the new X3 will be more expensive and bigger. it will be more good looking (mordern) than the current X3 and X5 will stay the same for some years then it will also be redesigned. alteast this is how i think they will go about it.

but if you ask me, X1 looks amazing and so nice. perfect urban SUV. :D

If BMW prices this at aroudn Rs 20-25 Lakh. it might do good but i m sure i wil be put wrong and this would be priced in 30-35L bracket and again will ruin the sales

Quote:

Originally Posted by fx45 (Post 1489811)
If BMW prices this at aroudn Rs 20-25 Lakh. it might do good but i m sure i wil be put wrong and this would be priced in 30-35L bracket and again will ruin the sales

It will never be priced in the 20-25 lakh bracket!
Imagine the XI cheaper than the CR-V.Never!
The best we can hope for is 3 series equivalent pricing.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 14000rpm (Post 1489767)
I don't see the X3 sales growing any further coz the X1 seems to handle most of the job the X3 did. Snob value of the beemer and the SUV image.
plus the X3 looks ugly anyway.

Phew, a company! I too feel the same!

Quote:

Originally Posted by fx45 (Post 1489811)

How much X3 cost? 22-27 max and its an problem for CRV/Captiva/ etc!

Quote:

Originally Posted by jkdas (Post 1489903)
Phew, a company! I too feel the same!

and i get to see a black X3 everyday on my way to office.

X1, Is a brilliant new softroader from BMW and if launched will surely be priced around 30L ex showroom, also those who hate the current X3 dont worry it is due for a model change in the 1st quarter of 2010, and it's not a facelift rather a completely new model and should be stunning. It also will be built on the new Gen 3 platform meaning the car should really blow Q5 etc out of the box! So X1 at 30, X3 at about 45 and X5/6 at around 60+ I think all should sell quite well.

I wonder if MB india plans to get the GLK and GL.

Given the SUV lineage of BMW in India, expect them to price it at around 30-32 Lakhs.

However, there is information that BMW when applied for the SKD manufacturing approval for its plant (which took 1.5yrs), only the 3/5 series were registered for SKD manufacturing. But, we never know what they might work upon. After all they are here because tehy foresee good sales.

X1 being cbu would be 30L Plus landing at close to Rs. 35L, it may take a bite from the 3 series itself, but will probably not cause any impact on the 18-23L SUV range.

BMW X1 will be the most compact, fuel efficient and competitively priced suv by BMW in the x series till date.

The BMW's, Merc's & Audi's will never be priced at the prices we want them to. This is India where even a normal brand like Honda commands a premium !

However if launched here I think it will be around the 30 + Lac mark and not less.

The BMW chaps here tell me that it will be priced between 25 to 27 lacs ex-showroom.

Cars should be here in the next 2 to 3 months for display.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclipse78 (Post 1709134)
The BMW chaps here tell me that it will be priced between 25 to 27 lacs ex-showroom.

Cars should be here in the next 2 to 3 months for display.

Hey,that's great news! BMWs going really gung-ho about India.First the 320d Corporate,now the X1 at mouth watering prices!(hopefully).It will do well here,undoubtedly.A SUV with snob value costing less than 30 lcas INR in India has to.

Honda should seriously consider discontinuing the CR-V now,or else plonk a diesel.Pronto.