Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:17   #286
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Linea is not the best car in the C segment. Neither is the City or Verna. None of them are the best because there is no such thing as the best car.
I have said it before and say again, no car south of 10L will be termed as a best car or the best VFM. preferences differ. Some will not like the engine of Linea, others will not like build, features of ANHC and some may not like the looks of fiesta. It will be impossible to come to an agreement that yes the whole of India loves one specific package. We will have to compromise something or the other in any car, what you sacrifice, you choose

Quote:
As for this thread. The Jazz is also a Honda and boasts of the same features as the City yet it does'nt sell and the City does. That's odd.Why are Honda owner's so secretive?
Amit, thanks for bringing it up. This phenomenon does deserve a case study. Why is Jazz 50% off its sales targets in intitial months of sales itself? Biggeste advantage with ANHC is the good reputation of G1HC and G2HC which noone wants to accept.
The biggest priority for anyone buying a ANHC is Honda, they have earned their goodwill and cashin in on that. Nothing wrong in that though.
There are only 2 ANHC active threads here thats why we get less info about it from the owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
1. LHS Headlamp: Rs. 7000/-
2. Fog Lamp: Rs. 8200/-
if the prices are actuals, then by no means it is cheap

I hope these are just inflated figures otherwise i will be damn shocked and the "low cost of ownership" tag associated with ANHC because of OHC or NHC will go down the drain. 7000 for a headlamp, amazing.
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:26   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

I hope these are just inflated figures otherwise i will be damn shocked and the "low cost of ownership" tag associated with ANHC because of OHC or NHC will go down the drain. 7000 for a headlamp, amazing.
Nopes, they aren't. Visited a Honda dealership (pearl honda) this weekend to have a look at the ANHC. Asked prices for some of the accessories.
Alloys(set of 4) - Rs 45K
Fog lamps - Rs20K
Chrome door beadings/protector - Rs6K
Bumper protectors - Rs9K
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:29   #288
BHPian

Quote:

This was the same feeling when me & my friend saw the estimate, we have enquired with the dealer about the sky high prices.

I will update once i get a concrete information from the dealers side on the prices.

In the meantime can any of the NHC owner confirm the prices, if in their car the Headlamp got changed due to any reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Nopes, they aren't. Visited a Honda dealership (pearl honda) this weekend to have a look at the ANHC. Asked prices for some of the accessories.
Fog lamps - Rs20K
Bumper protectors - Rs9K
If this is TRUE, then my friend will surely have a heart attack

This is daylight robbery why the prices of these items are sky high i dont understand.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team : Please use "Multi Quote" option for quoting Multiple posts, instead of creating another back-to-back post.

Last edited by Technocrat : 22nd September 2009 at 15:51. Reason: please read the note in post, thanks
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:42   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
Me & my friend were to see the prices of the Items like the Headlamps & Fog Lamps, the estimate read the prices like this:
1. LHS Headlamp: Rs. 7000/-
2. Fog Lamp: Rs. 8200/-
I will shock you even more
Just gave a call to TASS and asked about the prices of Linea headlamps and Fog lamps. Here are the prices
Linea :
1 pc headlamp = Rs 3900

1 pc foglamp = Rs 1881

1 pc foglamp cover = Rs 45
Thats almost double treble the rates against the NHC. Are the ANHC headlamps or fog lamps cheaper? Both cars are made in India, leave alone accessories, these are parts which one may need a few times atleast if he keeps the car for 5-6 years.

This "low cost of ownership" has taken a strange turn now. Thats a vast difference in spare parts of 2 cars.
It will be even better if we get prices of things used in routine servicing and compare again.
Fog lamps at 8200, i still cant believe.

Last edited by coolboy007 : 22nd September 2009 at 15:48.
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:45   #290
BHPian

i was looking at a spare price comparo of ford fiesta, suzuki sx4, hyundai verna and honda city.

i saw that the cheapest is SX4 by far, and the most expensive on some of the routine spares like fuel, airl filters, etc was Honda city.

this chart was put up in the metro ford service center in bangalore.

Honda does have a reputation to be very expensive on maintenance. even if they probably win the price game for cost vs standard accessories provided when one is buying a new car, it surely stands out to be very very expensive on maintenance. i think this is something honda has to work on and really hard.
Old 22nd September 2009, 15:56   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just gave a call to TASS and asked about the prices of Linea headlamps and Fog lamps. Here are the prices
Linea :
1 pc headlamp = Rs 3900

1 pc foglamp = Rs 1881
Thats almost double treble the rates against the NHC. Are the ANHC headlamps or fog lamps cheaper?
ANHC Headlamp Rs.4103.

If 7000 was for NHC headlamps and the dealer wasn't trying to rip off the customer then Honda have reduced prices for the ANHC headlamps.

Some more? I have already posted the link on this thread.

Fuel Pump Linea Rs.2500, ANHC Rs.15,608, Verna Rs.2644, Fiesta 3733, SX4 2712.

Front door Linea Rs.7500, ANHC 10,272, Verna 7793, Fiesta 10,037, SX4 7800

Fuel filter Linea Rs.225, ANHC 496, Verna 663, Fiesta 443, SX4 222.

Where is City cheaper?

Fan Belt Linea 975, ANHC 309, Verna 433, Fiesta 1903, SX4 397.

Source: Fiat India website. I know the source is not the best since it's a manufacturer based one but the Linea prices are accurate.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:01   #292
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Amit, thanks for bringing it up. This phenomenon does deserve a case study. Why is Jazz 50% off its sales targets in intitial months of sales itself?
Please look up my post from the previous page. It would be foolhardy to compare the market performance, or product value, of the Jazz to the City.

Quote:
Biggeste advantage with ANHC is the good reputation of G1HC and G2HC which noone wants to accept.
Who isn't? The brand of Honda & City have both been hard earned and of course the ANHC will gain from that. However, the ANHC is also a distinctly different product than the NHC (in terms of power, looks, interior quality etc.).

Quote:
I hope these are just inflated figures otherwise i will be damn shocked and the "low cost of ownership" tag associated with ANHC because of OHC or NHC will go down the drain.
Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Fog lamps - Rs20K
Bumper protectors - Rs9K
No doubt, Honda's accident repair costs are expensive.

Quote:
This "low cost of ownership" has taken a strange turn now. Thats a vast difference in spare parts of 2 cars.
Coolboy, while accident repair parts are expensive and not debated at all, you'd do well in restricting the generalisation to low cost of ownership. Not everyone meets with a major accident, and neither do they pay the entire bill themselves (insurance).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanramesh View Post
Honda does have a reputation to be very expensive on maintenance
News to me as well as to several other long-time Honda owners on the forum. And off it.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:04   #293
BHPian

A Poll will settle things to an extent.

GTO:
With all the interesting discussion going on and people having put across their reasoning. Will a simple Poll like this serve some purpose on what the BHPians feel to get some semblance on how the opinion is scattered.

Is Honda ANHC ( 3rd Genertaion Over priced) in its segment to its competitors.

Options.

1) No, The Price I pay for it is worth It consiidering the peace of Mind and the Ease of maintanance , The quality , The Brand, Resale Value Etc
2) Yes, Atleast by 20 to 50K. For the features they are providing though admitting the Brand value, Cost of ownership and Resale value
3) Yes, 50K-100K. They are ripping us off after considering all factors.
4) yes, 100K -200K. Daylight robbery

If It were me, I would choose option 2 and most of us would have forgiven them for the premium they are asking for.

Last edited by muni : 22nd September 2009 at 16:06.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:05   #294
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
Where is City cheaper?
The City is cheaper due to various parameters outlined earlier, including way superior reliability, low cost of service, resale & fuel efficiency. The Linea's additional loss of 2 lakh rupees in resale alone more than negates the difference in part prices.

Quote:
Source: Fiat India website. I know the source is not the best since it's a manufacturer based one but the Linea prices are accurate.
Not to take anything away from Fiat, yet as mentioned, numbers are currently being sourced for a whole host of parameters (including residual values). You may understand these aren't the easiest to source and take time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by muni View Post
[b]Is Honda ANHC ( 3rd Genertaion Over priced) in its segment to its competitors.
A new thread with HARD NUMBERS will be put up, and accompanied with a poll.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2009 at 16:07.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:06   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharanramesh View Post
i was looking at a spare price comparo of ford fiesta, suzuki sx4, hyundai verna and honda city.

i saw that the cheapest is SX4 by far, and the most expensive on some of the routine spares like fuel, airl filters, etc was Honda city.

this chart was put up in the metro ford service center in bangalore.

Honda does have a reputation to be very expensive on maintenance. even if they probably win the price game for cost vs standard accessories provided when one is buying a new car, it surely stands out to be very very expensive on maintenance. i think this is something honda has to work on and really hard.
How do you say that?

I too have heard from friends, who own OHC, that its very expensive to maintain. There are some common problems like steering column' assembly/silencer etc (on OHC), which repair/replacement costs seems to be on high end......... My cousin who have almost decided on ANHC is bit bothered about its maintenance costs due to hearsay & that the reason I have raised a similar question earlier in this thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:06   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Linea :
1 pc headlamp = Rs 3900

1 pc foglamp = Rs 1881

1 pc foglamp cover = Rs 45
Thats almost double treble the rates against the NHC. Are the ANHC headlamps or fog lamps cheaper? Both cars are made in India, leave alone accessories, these are parts which one may need a few times atleast if he keeps the car for 5-6 years.

It will be even better if we get prices of things used in routine servicing and compare again.
Fog lamps at 8200, i still cant believe.
Thanks for sharing the information, this is an eye opener for me, i will surely convey this to my friend who is trying to get the information on the prices of the Headlamp & Fog Lamps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendro View Post
I will further add a few ones I came to know when I repaired: Linea Side mirror, 1500 for manual, 1900 for fully electrical one plus Rs. 58 (including tax) for the cover plus 250 for painting the cover. Full Linea bumber Rs. 3500 plus painting. Everywhere it is way cheaper.
Do share the prices of the other parts which you know for NHC / ANHC, it can be very helpful.

Also, i read on the ownership thread of ghost_rider, that the Fog Lamp casing (the plastic portion which holds the fog lamp on the bumper) is a mere Rs. 45/- for the Linea, it is dirt cheap man.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:06   #297
Senior - BHPian

Guys can we come up with following things for all "Discussed" cars which are pretty inline with servicing and accidents:

Servicing:
1. Fuel filter
2. Oil filter
3. Air filter
4. Engine oil (Depends on choice - mineral/synthetic)
5. Labor - Again depends on Dealer

Accident:
1. Windshield
2. Headlights and taillights
3. Mirriors
4. Bumper - front n rear
5. airbags - in case

This could pretty much give us a picture of servicing and accident repair cost. This could sum up the "low maintenance" highlight of City.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:09   #298
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Where is City cheaper?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
The City is cheaper due to various parameters outlined earlier, including way superior reliability, low cost of service, resale & fuel efficiency. The Linea's additional loss of 2 lakh rupees in resale alone more than negates the difference in part prices.
No, I meant where is it cheaper in spares cost. Only fan belt is where Honda is cheaper then competition and I posted that.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:13   #299
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
There are some common problems like steering column' assembly/silencer etc (on OHC),
Please search the forum to know more about the OHC's outstanding long-term reliability. Among the few problems known to 1.0 lakh km OHC owners is:

Steering column assembly : Repairable for 4,000 bucks
Silencer mounts going loose : 50 bucks for the rubber.
Air-con switch : 400 bucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
This could pretty much give us a picture of servicing and accident repair cost. This could sum up the "low maintenance" highlight of City.
Hold those horses, sport. Rather than seeing only the cost of the parts, you must also consider how often the car needs those parts and what all is required at the time of service. Detailed service comparo of the 4 cars in this thread is being compiled.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:14   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
No doubt, Honda's accident repair costs are expensive.

Coolboy, while accident repair parts are expensive and not debated at all, you'd do well in restricting the generalisation to low cost of ownership. Not everyone meets with a major accident, and neither do they pay the entire bill themselves (insurance).
I think we might need a new thread titled "Are Honda's (accidental) spares overpriced?"
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks