Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:18   #301
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Hold those horses, sport. Rather than seeing only the cost of the parts, you must also consider how often the car needs those parts and what all is required at the time of service. Detailed service comparo of the 4 cars in this thread is being compiled.
Wow. The comparison report would be great GTO. BTW, in my 4.5 years of ownership of my Palio, I never ever changed anything other than fuel, oil and air filter. These days, almost all discussed cars are reliable. The parts that I talked about are changed at every servicing (Leave air filter aside). May be your comparison report would clear everything about ownership costs.

OT: This thread has hell lot of information guys. All magazine reporters must be keeping an eye on this so that they can compile TBhp post as if they have done the comparison. .

@GTO: Can we have copyright or something on the data you guys are compiling?
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:23   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Coolboy, while accident repair parts are expensive and not debated at all, you'd do well in restricting the generalisation to low cost of ownership. Not everyone meets with a major accident, and neither do they pay the entire bill themselves (insurance).
This was not a Major accident, a biker came and struck the car from the front LH side, and you can't escape the biker menace being in Mumbai
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:32   #303
BHPian

I can see the round circles of resale value point bringing everyone to square one.
Resale value of any petrol car will be more if there is no diesel variant available in market for that car and HC enjoys this advantage.

ANHC Petrol will certainly have a better resale than Linea/Verna Petrol due to the reason mentioned above.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:33   #304
Team-BHP Support

Hope the prices and labor are gathered @ dealer end of your city.

What i would ideally include in my regular maintenance cost:

Labor
Service charge - 1) Minor 5k 2) Major 20k
Brake overhaul - @ Major service
Strut overhaul - @ 2nd Major service
Wheel Alignment - @ Minor service
Wheel Balancing - @ Minor service, 2 wheels
Fluid replacement - @ Major - Brake fluid, coolant and gear box oil

Consumables
Engine oil, Gear oil, Coolant and brake fluid
Oil filter
Air filter
Oil Drain plug
Wiper blade
Brake pad's Ft
Brake Pad's Rr

Replacement parts for Accident
Head light
Tail Light
ORVM
Bumper
Front hood
Tail gate
AC condenser
Radiator
AC Fan
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:43   #305
Senior - BHPian

GTO, Your posts are supported by real good data. Will see how long you will try to keep up!!
Having a poll is fine. But only owners of the particular car should vote. Else, we all know what the results will be like.
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:53   #306
UKR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevtec View Post

But if we value safely,comfort,reliablity,bulit quality and peace of mind more than the VFM factor ANHC is the best sedan under 10 lakhs.

Extending the budjet by one lakh dosen't rise the EMI much.

Mevtec,

No offense intended, but I couldn't disagree more. My view on each of the above point is given below,

Safety - There are other makes which are better engineered and offer matching or better safety for less.

Comfort - There are other brands which are more comfortable than ANHC, but not as expensive.

Reliability - Not exclusive to Honda anymore, almost all cars currently available in this segment are more or less reliable.

Build quality - Again not exclusive to Honda, you could find better built cars for less.

Peace of mind - Depends on the service you get in your area. Based on feedbacks from this forum, I would rate Honda's service as average only.

Only two + points (i.e. advantages when compared to competition) for Honda in my view are good engine and snob value of the H badge. And for this, the price would to 9.5 - 10 lakhs for the base variant itself.

So coming to EMI - Why go for a higher EMI when you could get the same or better for less
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:54   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
This was not a Major accident, a biker came and struck the car from the front LH side, and you can't escape the biker menace being in Mumbai

Plus 1 to that. Thats what I too meant when I said earlier "Under the maintenance cost, the "normal" accident parts should be considered too, not just the service costs. On the Indian roads, these are Side view mirrors, tail lights, etc. In my experience an average car owner may be spending more on these than the routine and plain service".

A comparison of accident and normal service spares is available at the thread below. Not sure if its still valid, but could be used as a starting point.

Fiat Linea Vs Honda City - Page 7 | Buying a Car | Car Forums - CarWale.com
Old 22nd September 2009, 16:59   #308
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
GTO, Your posts are supported by real good data. Will see how long you will try to keep up!!
Having a poll is fine. But only owners of the particular car should vote. Else, we all know what the results will be like.
That would make the poll flawed and I dont think you need to own one of the C segments to have an opinion. An informed opinion would cause no harm. Dont you think people who dont Own any of these cars would in a way be neutral to the discussion taking place as we dont have to show loyalties or have that bond associated to owning one of them and show it off.
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:01   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Which ANHC owner would like to say that his car is not VFM but he still bought it? Nobody buys anything unless they see value in it
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:09   #310
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by psp62in View Post
A comparison of accident and normal service spares is available at the thread below. Not sure if its still valid, but could be used as a starting point.
Interesting. The ANHC's fuel filter price shows as 232 on this Tata-Fiat scan, yet Amit mentioned 400 odd bucks for the same. Which one is accurate? Now you know why it takes so long to compile this sort of data.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
Wow. The comparison report would be great GTO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharma_sanjeevi View Post
What I meant was : Not every car out there meets with an accident. And the insurance takes care of accident claims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Pujari View Post
ANHC Petrol will certainly have a better resale than Linea/Verna Petrol due to the reason mentioned above.
Not really. Example : The Swift petrol has pretty decent resale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
Hope the prices and labor are gathered @ dealer end of your city.
Absolutely. Dealer end.

Quote:
What i would ideally include in my regular maintenance cost:
Dude, the breakup will take another 12 months. Everyone knows how secretive the brands are about sharing such information. We are getting suggested minimum service charges in total for each of the cars.
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:18   #311
Senior - BHPian

This thread is definetly achieving a very unwarranted HONDA vs Rest type of tone which is typical of FIAT threads

I say this because, on one side there are a group of people trying very very hard to put all kinds of data to say that the ANHC is NOT OVER PRICED. This kind of "strong will " to support the brand being discussed was so far seen only on FIAT threads..

On one side, its good to put together parts, parts change frequency, labour costs etc brand wise since it will give more info to prospective buyers.. lets not OVER DO the " ANHC IS NOT OVER PRICED " pitch too much

at the end of the day, as a community of auto enthusiasts and MORE IMPORTANTLY prospective car buyers, LETS WORK TOWARDS KEEPING HONDA and other car makers too ON THEIR TOES IN TERMS OF DELIVERING MORE VALUE to the customer RATHER THAN get carried way by such threads and STAY PUT thinking they are DOING JUST FINE with what they offer in their cars.
we need to remember that as a community, out opinion is highly valued by the auto manufacturers.

Last edited by narayan : 22nd September 2009 at 17:19.
Old 22nd September 2009, 17:45   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Have you seen how busy these boys have kept me Lovin' it!
Yes i can see that, the topic itself is such that you are bound to be on your toes

Anyways, whenever possible please consider Fiesta and Optra Magnum petrol and put it up.
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:11   #313
GTO
Team-BHP Support

^^ Narayan : My views are extremely objective, do take a look at the opening post and the car-by-car rankings on various parameters. Not even owners of the said cars will argue with those rankings.

The only thing that was overdone was the "ANHC IS overpriced bit in the older Civic / City facelift thread". There were way too many uninformed comments flying around in there. It is definitely NOT overpriced, and neither is the Innova, as the market has repeatedly proven. You can apply the principles of this thread to the Innova versus the Xylo too. You'll see a simiar pattern. Jap engineering, lesser equipment level, higher price, better all roundedness, superior reliability, cheap cost of ownership, expensive accident parts and strong resale. Sure, the SX4 is the only one that comes close to the ANHC in monetary value, but the ANHC in my books is worth every rupee of the premium.

Quote:
at the end of the day, as a community of auto enthusiasts and MORE IMPORTANTLY prospective car buyers, LETS WORK TOWARDS KEEPING HONDA and other car makers too ON THEIR TOES IN TERMS OF DELIVERING MORE VALUE to the customer RATHER THAN get carried way by such threads and STAY PUT thinking they are DOING JUST FINE with what they offer in their cars.
we need to remember that as a community, out opinion is highly valued by the auto manufacturers.
Touché

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleking View Post
Anyways, whenever possible please consider Fiesta and Optra Magnum petrol and put it up.
We have included the Fiesta in our efforts to collect statistical data. Not the Optra though, is it even a contender today? The car has hardly even been mentioned on this thread.

Last edited by GTO : 22nd September 2009 at 18:14.
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:19   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
Which ANHC owner would like to say that his car is not VFM but he still bought it? Nobody buys anything unless they see value in it
In that case why do you need a poll? People are buying more ANHCs by seeing value in it.
Old 22nd September 2009, 18:22   #315
Senior - BHPian

There is a statement linux opponents use.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Zawinski
Linux is only free if your time has no value
There is some truth to the statement(even though the author seems to confuse free as in speech and free as in beer, but that's the topic for another discussion)

If this is the price one must pay for reliability by buying a honda, I'm not sure everyone can afford it.And hence the general perception that it is overpriced. Maybe most of us who share this perception don't value reliability as much, and certainly not the over 1 lakh it costs over any of its competitors

Last edited by greenhorn : 22nd September 2009 at 18:26.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks